Napa is a dud

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not making any excuses for Napa. I am not blind and noticed his missed tackles. But, the team did not lose because of Napa.
In fact, the dogs have lost heaps of games even with klemmer’s 200 metres gained per game.

As if you guys didn’t see Napa launching himself at players. Yes some of them didn’t connect resulting in missed tackles, but this may be different next time. As if you guys didn’t see Napa’s massive hit on a warriors player returning the ball from a kick off even though we were down by 34 with the game out of reach. Napa is a bloody tough player that is not scared to lay a big hit. Just like Mason once said that it isn’t always about metres gained but sometimes the ability of a player to dust an opponent. If the whole forward pack and rest of team is doing their job then Napa will shine.

Some kennelers want madness and dogs of war, but then say Napa is a dud. Well maybe give the guy some time because I certainly see madness in Napa’s game.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Klemmer is a metre eater and always will be

Napa is not a metre eater and never will be.

It all comes down to the balance of the squad.

The rorters metre eaters are/were there outside backs - Tedesco, Ferguson, Tupou, so metre eater in the forwards was and is not required. Just aggressive, power forwards with quick play the balls.

Klemmer was a metre eater, who we required and require because our outside backs dont eat the metres nor get us rolling our of our half.

Warriors back 3 got them rolling forward and there forwards played off the back of that.

We are so unbalanced and fucked its not funny. For todays modern game, we do not have a genuine 1, 6, 7 or 9 (be it for alot of reasons), we do not have any speedsters in the backline nor do we have front rowers who can pop an offload to create second phase play, though even if we did we dont have the speed to capitalize on second phase play.

Napa is no Klemmer, but we have a long list of issues which looks like its going to take a very long time to see any sort of progress
Although not often, Napa can get decent meters as well.

In 2016 when Easts lost the first 5 games of the season and they were coping a hiding from the media, Napa in round 6, led the Easts pack and had a blinder against the rugged strong Souths forwards at ANZ Stadium. Roosters won 17-10, Napa won man of the match after he had scored a try, completed 40 tackles and made 151 meters from 19 runs.

But you're right, his strength is in his feared defense. Ask Paul Gallen, his ears are still ringing after Napa hit him with one of the biggest hits of the year in 2013.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meh I would rather big meters than big hits in an era where you can’t shoulder charge and dislodge the ball

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Meh I would rather big meters than big hits in an era where you can’t shoulder charge and dislodge the ball
Meters mean shit if you don’t play the advantage.
Slow in the ruck one out plays are easy to defend.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meters mean shit if you don’t play the advantage.
Slow in the ruck one out plays are easy to defend.
I would still rather big slow meters than one big hit a game and 5 misses

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great effort from Napa today, tried to lead from the front
Credit where credit is due

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
lol agree.

Typical kennel.

I'm not going to be judging Napa after one game. I might have some thoughts on him after round 8 or 9 but even then I'll be waiting to see how the season pans out.

Trying to play well in our current team is harder because we are so disjointed and lacking experience and talent.

Whereas, when a new player goes to the Storm, they are made to look like giants when they were playing around the likes of (previously Cam Smith, Cronk, Slater etc).
So another 4 months has gone by and I'm now willing to say I'm officially disappointed with Napa as a recruit.

Xander

Waterboy
Reaction score
Careful guys, the 'Napa should be dropped' thread was locked...

A short time after I posted his 2018/2019 stats I might add. The mod said something along the lines of 'this thread is shit'. Or something.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Careful guys, the 'Napa should be dropped' thread was locked...

A short time after I posted his 2018/2019 stats I might add. The mod said something along the lines of 'this thread is shit'. Or something.
Well those facts and figures need to be published on here.

We'd be better off trading Napa rather than Hoppa.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napas not a dud, he just needs some hard running mungrel forwards to accompany him.
Back in the days when we were a force (and we will be again) Mason and Oger etc use to gee each other up with, "you call that a hit up? Bullshit! THIS is a hit up!"
And they would basically terrorise the opposition.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not making any excuses for Napa. I am not blind and noticed his missed tackles. But, the team did not lose because of Napa.
In fact, the dogs have lost heaps of games even with klemmer’s 200 metres gained per game.

As if you guys didn’t see Napa launching himself at players. Yes some of them didn’t connect resulting in missed tackles, but this may be different next time. As if you guys didn’t see Napa’s massive hit on a warriors player returning the ball from a kick off even though we were down by 34 with the game out of reach. Napa is a bloody tough player that is not scared to lay a big hit. Just like Mason once said that it isn’t always about metres gained but sometimes the ability of a player to dust an opponent. If the whole forward pack and rest of team is doing their job then Napa will shine.

Some kennelers want madness and dogs of war, but then say Napa is a dud. Well maybe give the guy some time because I certainly see madness in Napa’s game.
Napa needs to start from the bench, he's an impact player, when he was playing for the rorters he never played 80 min, he's lucky to have 20 minutes in him and even though I fucking hate the rorters Robinson knew how to play him whilst Pay has got a clue.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Napa is still Crapa.

Bench player, used for 15 mins late in the game, on his best day