Napa is a dud

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really don't like this line. I dont care how much someone is being paid. Collectively your top 30 fills your salary cap, so as a team they should be played wherever their form dictates, not how much they earn. Toomaga has been our best prop this year imo, so regardless of the difference in their salaries, Toomaga should start ahead of Napa. If a particular player is playing better then another player of the same position, they should start ahead of them. I dont care how much they are being paid!
That's not my point. I understand what you are saying and I agree but when you shell out $600+ to replace Klemmer it was always going to be the case that Napa would have to learn to become the 60-70 minute player that we needed him to be. I'd be happy for him to revert back to a 30-40 minute impact player but we don't have anyone capable to replace him. To'omaga's performances benefit from the fact that he is playing less minutes. If he was asked to play extended minutes he might produce a more mediocre effort.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure at the Roosters he was a firebrand smashing blokes

Now he’s Tolman plodder v2

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's not my point. I understand what you are saying and I agree but when you shell out $600+ to replace Klemmer it was always going to be the case that Napa would have to learn to become the 60-70 minute player that we needed him to be. I'd be happy for him to revert back to a 30-40 minute impact player but we don't have anyone capable to replace him. To'omaga's performances benefit from the fact that he is playing less minutes. If he was asked to play extended minutes he might produce a more mediocre effort.
He is definitely not a like for like replacement of klemmer.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a dud. Just an unremarkable player when playing for a team without stars.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The shoulder charge ban took away a big part of his game. He was never a big meter gainer. He will never be a great prop. Unless he travels a little closer to the line of arm up hit with shoulder. If suspended so be it at least adding. What happening now is not much from him

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's changed his style from a 30 minute thrash off the bench at Roosters to a 60 minute shitfest over here.
Needs to be benched, played for no longer than 40 minutes and told to bring the madness.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’ve said it before that anyone who was expecting a direct replacement for klemmer was going to be disappointed he is a top player and tries hard but he’s not cut out to be a leader of a forward pack he’s a perfect player to play 40 minutes off the bench in two stints to provide impact but having him start isn’t his role I don’t think he’s a dud and I think he goes a lot harder than many give him credit for but his expectations were always too high
Agree I do think that Klemmer is very much overrated in the new format of our game. He works hard but isn't explosive at all and still gets slow play the balls.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
30 minutes a game max, 15 either side of half time.. if we're losing, just get him to head shot / concuss the oppositions best player.. he used to do that for the chooks so should be sweet to do it for us.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It seems to me that Napa tries his guts out but he just doesn’t have the leg speed to be effective in the first 20mins. This is made more apparent when his starting front row partner is Tolman and the wingers are lightweights. Parra looked like men against boys in the early exchanges but to the Dogs credit they hung in long enough to gas the bigger side. Hit the nail on the head re Napa doing two 20 minute stints. His pay packet is irrelevant.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree I do think that Klemmer is very much overrated in the new format of our game. He works hard but isn't explosive at all and still gets slow play the balls.
Agree with that, puts up big numbers and added an offload but has never proven he can win anything and he gets hyped like the second coming don’t really miss him

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure at the Roosters he was a firebrand smashing blokes

Now he’s Tolman plodder v2
The shoulder charge rule ended his effectiveness. He’s nothing without the ability to shoulder charge

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
dylan garfield the big ginger cat napa has been a huge waste of salary cap, very poor rushed signing

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is this natboy weirdo chasing down all my posts to try and start.childish shit.
I swear the kennel should just have a fight night occasionally to sought out the guttless cowards.