Napa is a dud

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said this at the time of his signing that he was a waste of money and I haven’t seen anything to suggest otherwise. If we had to let Klemmer go we should have taken our time replacing him. I know he left the club under a cloud, but Herman Ese’ese would be great right now. He’s a tough middle forward who is missing out at the Knights but would walk into our team. Let’s bring him home. If it means cutting a dud like Lichaa or JMK to make space then so be it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I said this at the time of his signing that he was a waste of money and I haven’t seen anything to suggest otherwise. If we had to let Klemmer go we should have taken our time replacing him. I know he left the club under a cloud, but Herman Ese’ese would be great right now. He’s a tough middle forward who is missing out at the Knights but would walk into our team. Let’s bring him home. If it means cutting a dud like Lichaa or JMK to make space then so be it.
Saifiti got injured... Herman will be lining up for the Knights in r2

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take time to replace him like we did with Barba? How did that go? We're still waiting for that replacement!

Napa wasn't bad. You can only do much on your own against 13 players.
Wouldn’t have been that long with Herman not getting a game. Did you even read my post?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Napa is fine... problem is he is not a leader or a big metre eater, just an aggressive enforcer. Klemmer and Napa would have been a perfect pair.

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Take time to replace him like we did with Barba? How did that go?
in the first finals game after barba we crushed the storm by the end of the first half on the way to making the grand final, unfortunately we lost the ennis to injury

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was very disappointed in Napa today. We bought him to be an enforcer and a leader. He was neither of those things and did nothing to challenge the Warriors' physical dominance. I don't understand how it took him until the 68th minute or whatever it was to try to put a shot on from the kick-off. It's not good enough and he'd better redeem himself next week.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer is a metre eater and always will be

Napa is not a metre eater and never will be.

It all comes down to the balance of the squad.

The rorters metre eaters are/were there outside backs - Tedesco, Ferguson, Tupou, so metre eater in the forwards was and is not required. Just aggressive, power forwards with quick play the balls.

Klemmer was a metre eater, who we required and require because our outside backs dont eat the metres nor get us rolling our of our half.

Warriors back 3 got them rolling forward and there forwards played off the back of that.

We are so unbalanced and fucked its not funny. For todays modern game, we do not have a genuine 1, 6, 7 or 9 (be it for alot of reasons), we do not have any speedsters in the backline nor do we have front rowers who can pop an offload to create second phase play, though even if we did we dont have the speed to capitalize on second phase play.

Napa is no Klemmer, but we have a long list of issues which looks like its going to take a very long time to see any sort of progress

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just looked at the stats on Foxsports. Apparently he ran 100m, not sure about his minutes but doesn't look too flash.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Take time to replace him like we did with Barba? How did that go? We're still waiting for that replacement!

Napa wasn't bad. You can only do much on your own against 13 players.
Agree with you mate , I still think as the season goes on Napa will get his mongrel back.!!

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Klemmer is a metre eater and always will be

Napa is not a metre eater and never will be.

It all comes down to the balance of the squad.

The rorters metre eaters are/were there outside backs - Tedesco, Ferguson, Tupou, so metre eater in the forwards was and is not required. Just aggressive, power forwards with quick play the balls.

Klemmer was a metre eater, who we required and require because our outside backs dont eat the metres nor get us rolling our of our half.

Warriors back 3 got them rolling forward and there forwards played off the back of that.

We are so unbalanced and fucked its not funny. For todays modern game, we do not have a genuine 1, 6, 7 or 9 (be it for alot of reasons), we do not have any speedsters in the backline nor do we have front rowers who can pop an offload to create second phase play, though even if we did we dont have the speed to capitalize on second phase play.

Napa is no Klemmer, but we have a long list of issues which looks like its going to take a very long time to see any sort of progress
very astute post

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Typical Bulldogs recruitment retention

Let local cult hero whos an Australian prop leave that makes 177m per game and replace him with a guy making 77m per game..

Same dud decisions have been made since 2004..

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Let local cult hero whos an Australian prop leave that makes 177m per game and replace him with a guy making 77m per game..

Cult hero. Fucken lol

Lamb, Mortimer, Folkes they were and are cult heros.

Not some big bitch having a sook over losing his boyfriend to another club and doing the runner when the going gets tough

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Even Taumalolo (who cracked 300m tonight for Cowboys), would have struggled to hit 100m with us today.. NZ Warriors had 4 forwards over 100m.

When you have a dope at hooker who passes one man out, flat, and takes 4 hours to pass from dummy half, is it any wonder we lacked impact in the forwards. They got the ball flat footed and had zero impact as a result.

When JMK came on the game was already wasted, but we actually shifted up a gear and started to play more expansive.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

I think you mean "let local disruptive **** who was poisoning team morale leave, and replaced him with someone that geniunely wants to be at the club."

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s just the way Napa plays anyone that thinks he is going to start making Klemmer like meters is kidding themselves. People were asking if we would miss Klemmer in the off season and today we got the answer.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you mean "let local disruptive **** who was poisoning team morale leave, and replaced him with someone that geniunely wants to be at the club."
Local disruptive that won player of the year and was one of our most popular amongst teammates?

I get the hate for him now hes gone.. but when he was here he was a huge asset

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem is, Klemmer has carried our pack for the past few years, so fans expect Napa to be Klemmer, but they are different players... I stopped watching after the third try, but Napa looked ok up until then at least

tnt

Waterboy
Reaction score
Shit ****. Watched him closely today. I counted at least 4 sets of 6 where he did not even take one hit up. And was barely able to get back the ten and defend. Fucking passenger and a waste of money