Napa is a dud

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Napa needs to start from the bench, he's an impact player, when he was playing for the rorters he never played 80 min, he's lucky to have 20 minutes in him and even though I fucking hate the rorters Robinson knew how to play him whilst Pay has got a clue.
He played off the bench because he was shitter than the rest of their props, simple as that. Then when the opportunity came to cut him loose the Roosters were more than happy to. Waste of money.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Not making any excuses for Napa. I am not blind and noticed his missed tackles. But, the team did not lose because of Napa.
In fact, the dogs have lost heaps of games even with klemmer’s 200 metres gained per game.

As if you guys didn’t see Napa launching himself at players. Yes some of them didn’t connect resulting in missed tackles, but this may be different next time. As if you guys didn’t see Napa’s massive hit on a warriors player returning the ball from a kick off even though we were down by 34 with the game out of reach. Napa is a bloody tough player that is not scared to lay a big hit. Just like Mason once said that it isn’t always about metres gained but sometimes the ability of a player to dust an opponent. If the whole forward pack and rest of team is doing their job then Napa will shine.

Some kennelers want madness and dogs of war, but then say Napa is a dud. Well maybe give the guy some time because I certainly see madness in Napa’s game.
Agree, Napa is a good piece to the puzzle for us, unfortunately we are missing most other puzzle pieces atm

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Napa is a good player when the rest of the team fills in his gaps, but the bulldogs arent and the roosters and maroons did

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before the season started he could find a hole but has hasn’t found one this season against any team. Perhaps we were expecting too much from the Big forward based on his previous form.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa is still a dud and I can’t stand that he is still getting big minutes for us

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve said it before that anyone who was expecting a direct replacement for klemmer was going to be disappointed he is a top player and tries hard but he’s not cut out to be a leader of a forward pack he’s a perfect player to play 40 minutes off the bench in two stints to provide impact but having him start isn’t his role I don’t think he’s a dud and I think he goes a lot harder than many give him credit for but his expectations were always too high

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
About the best thing that can be said about Napa is that he is consistent. You know what you are going to get from him, problem is that isn't much. I was hoping he'd at least be someone in our pack who would send an opposition player reeling on a regular basis, put some fear into other teams, but he seems to have forgotten how to do that.

He needs to be 3rd or 4th prop. Should only be starting if first choice props are injured. Throw him a carrot, if he strings together some strong performances off the bench then he'll get another shot at a starting spot. If that doesn't turn him around then he isn't serious.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
About the best thing that can be said about Napa is that he is consistent. You know what you are going to get from him, problem is that isn't much. I was hoping he'd at least be someone in our pack who would send an opposition player reeling on a regular basis, put some fear into other teams, but he seems to have forgotten how to do that.

He needs to be 3rd or 4th prop. Should only be starting if first choice props are injured. Throw him a carrot, if he strings together some strong performances off the bench then he'll get another shot at a starting spot. If that doesn't turn him around then he isn't serious.
He is getting paid too much money to play that role bench impact player role. I think he will have a better season next year because he will be off contract but he doesn't provide value for money at the moment. We do need another prop or edge backrow option that is for sure. I think the club is aware that other clubs may look to offload players later this year with new coaches coming in (Maybe Broncos, Warriors, Cowboys) so there may be an option or two out there if we are patient.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa is a 400k player not a 600k player. I wouldnt say he is a dud just that we paid overs for him

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: that’s not what she said....... don’t get called big papi for nothing

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Napa is a 400k player not a 600k player. I wouldnt say he is a dud just that we paid overs for him
His output would be expected from a 10 game rookie player off the bench, not a former Origin player. 200k tops

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whispers around that Ogden may be in the run on side for Napa.
Holland said that Georgie told him and the outside backs that no ones spot is certain, perform well and you keep it. Next week Dutchy was dropped. If Georgie has said the same thing to the forwards, maybe he is just waiting for one of the bench props to have a decent dig and he'll drop Napa to bench and start someone else. That might have been Renouf, but maybe given Ogden's turn up performance against the slipperies it will be him.

Don't mind this, sure Napa is overpaid for a bench prop, but footy players can be thick, you have to speak to them in their language. If you want to start, put in performances worthy of a starting player, until then you can sit on the sideline for more than half the game. Hopefully Georgie has the guts to do it, who else remembers JMoz getting dropped by our last temporary head coach JDym?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Napas last two games have bee a huge improvement - still not an elite level forward though

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napas last two games have bee a huge improvement - still not an elite level forward though
Agree, and he would be OK for 30 mins off the bench. We just need to get him out of a starting prop role asap, even if an expensive 30 minutes!

Meanwhile, someone should put a massive rocket up To'omaga. This is where we need a coach, or better still a strong captain, to tell him straight where he's really at, and then see how hungry he is. His minutes and usage has been shit, but there is no intensity in his play at the moment and he won't be doing himself any favour's in Barrett's eye's. It's starting to look like we'll be needing 3 new front rowers.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is getting paid too much money to play that role bench impact player role. I think he will have a better season next year because he will be off contract but he doesn't provide value for money at the moment. We do need another prop or edge backrow option that is for sure. I think the club is aware that other clubs may look to offload players later this year with new coaches coming in (Maybe Broncos, Warriors, Cowboys) so there may be an option or two out there if we are patient.
I really don't like this line. I dont care how much someone is being paid. Collectively your top 30 fills your salary cap, so as a team they should be played wherever their form dictates, not how much they earn. Toomaga has been our best prop this year imo, so regardless of the difference in their salaries, Toomaga should start ahead of Napa. If a particular player is playing better then another player of the same position, they should start ahead of them. I dont care how much they are being paid!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd rather drop Tolman. They're both pretty meh but atleast Napa doesn't get in the way or hog the ball.

Tolman dominates all the ball, pisses me off.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dud is a kind word lmao

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree, and he would be OK for 30 mins off the bench. We just need to get him out of a starting prop role asap, even if an expensive 30 minutes!

Meanwhile, someone should put a massive rocket up To'omaga. This is where we need a coach, or better still a strong captain, to tell him straight where he's really at, and then see how hungry he is. His minutes and usage has been shit, but there is no intensity in his play at the moment and he won't be doing himself any favour's in Barrett's eye's. It's starting to look like we'll be needing 3 new front rowers.
It is easy to notice Toomagas good runs but unfortunately his off the ball efforts are not consistent enough atm.