News Matt Burton Walking Into Dogs Breakfast

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lmao people blaming a poster on here if it happens, the rumour has been out there since round 2.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lmao people blaming a poster on here if it happens, the rumour has been out there since round 2.
Too bad it's not possible. Under the rules he can't back flip.. It can't and won't happen for numerous reasons... Even if it could, why would he stay to play centre for the next three years for half the money? Or lock?

Burton wanted to join us this year and if he did we could be 2-2. He didn't complain to get a release because he's a good kid. So why all of a sudden would he deprive himself the chance to be a dominant half for double the money and turn into a diva out of nowhere?

It's clear this is a media driven non story and I can't believe so many people are failing for it.

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
NRL360 talking about Burton back flipping on deal.......
None would be surprised if he did, what’s a contract etc.
they need to start winning some games...
These pricks hate that we've signed Burton and JAC for '22 ... and will stop at nothing with attempts to unsettle young Burton but this is more about hampering our chances of landing some other big names to join them and any doubt created early can hurt our recruitment drive.

These are the same wankers who support Penrith's decision not to release Burton claiming he is contracted but now comfortable to create a narrative of contradiction for Burton to back flip because they simply just hate us and wish to burden our club, sponsors and fans to the nth degree.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's like they're trying to speak it into existence even though it's not possible, Burton doesn't want to and we wouldn't let him even if he did..

They really do have such a vendetta against the club. Instead of talking about how huge a signing it is for us, and he's the type of player that can eventually help us become a force again, they have to create a drama for the sake of it.

It would help if they knew the rules changed and it's not possible.. But the truth isn't important is it?
Exactly... Knights were pure fucking shit when they signed Ponga in advance, never any talk of him backflipping

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Funny how we are equal last with a rookie squad and after dessies many years of neglect we have bottomed out and it's only up from here. Interestingly the team below is a des coached team that has cap issues with a typical hasler using the cap on 5 players and aging roster.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL pretty sure Burton knew what he was signing and how bad we would be . Because we are coming last or havent won a game isnt that the reason why you sign quality to improve your roster ?
Burton is young and wants to play in his best position because in three year he's pay packet will double and he may play representative league not because a team is coming last or hasnt scored points.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just laugh how these "reporters" try to influence players by writing bullshit with their click bait. They think they are so powerful that players are going to fall for their clear agendas.
Makes me wonder if there is an agent behind these fake stories, or a journo who has a deadline to meet, and nothing to report.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Too bad it's not possible. Under the rules he can't back flip.. It can't and won't happen for numerous reasons... Even if it could, why would he stay to play centre for the next three years for half the money? Or lock?

Burton wanted to join us this year and if he did we could be 2-2. He didn't complain to get a release because he's a good kid. So why all of a sudden would he deprive himself the chance to be a dominant half for double the money and turn into a diva out of nowhere?

It's clear this is a media driven non story and I can't believe so many people are failing for it.
Nobody is saying it is possible but shooting people for repeating the rumour is like not speaking about valdermort because you don't want him to be real. Following the Dogs however I've learnt that nothing is impossible, I never would have thought we'd let our Junior and kangaroo prop walk mid contract or let CHN go to Canberra without any compensation with they were courting him whilst still ours. If the rumours are true about Burton and his family having the shits with his name being dragged through the media by someone associated with the club and refusing to take any calls from the said person it does worry me that as a club we have a big problem.

Dubbo Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Well I heard this shit in Matts home town from random pissheads. Doesn't mean it's true. It's an obvious conclusion to come to, unless you're a Dogs die-hard. Like I said, he's signed. It's done.

Olddawg

Banned
Reaction score
Nobody is saying it is possible but shooting people for repeating the rumour is like not speaking about valdermort because you don't want him to be real. Following the Dogs however I've learnt that nothing is impossible, I never would have thought we'd let our Junior and kangaroo prop walk mid contract or let CHN go to Canberra without any compensation with they were courting him whilst still ours. If the rumours are true about Burton and his family having the shits with his name being dragged through the media by someone associated with the club and refusing to take any calls from the said person it does worry me that as a club we have a big problem.
This all day

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
After some of the dumb shit our club has done it wouldn’t surprise me if they offered to release him then signed matt Frawley