News Matt Burton Walking Into Dogs Breakfast

Malla

Reaction score
Laugh and enjoy, for the future is bright...
If you think Penrith's cap problems are over, think again !!!
Yep I know... this is their window right now. If they can't win a comp now, they will never do it. They've got majority of their team on small contracts still, that will have offers from other clubs well above what Penrith can afford. Fisher Harris and Kikau are just a couple that come to mind.

Fuck em

Malla

Reaction score
Yes and it’s the usual suspects,from the telecrap,buzz frothfield and co,
They dont care about players when they write this. They care more about the response from the fans - ie. you write up a bullshit column on a player wanting to backflip, youre gonna get a response from a certain fan group. That's what sells papers.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Laugh and enjoy, for the future is bright...
If you think Penrith's cap problems are over, think again !!!
Our cap will get better with no RCG and Blake on the books in the next year or two.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Panthers have a lot of upgrades coming up over the next 2 years which will probably lead to them losing a couple of players they'd want to keep. These are most of players I think the Panthers will need to upgrade:

-Capewell
-May
-Edwards
-JFH
-Kikau
-Koroisau
-Leota

I think it's pretty likely they lose 2-3 players from this list. They will also most likely have their depth taken away again, e.g. players like Kenny, Burns (apparently going to the Dragons) and Naden come to mind.

They'll still be an elite team and they'll keep developing and producing talent and as long as they have a 1-2 year plan in advance they can manage the roster accordingly and keep the best ones coming through (if they're better than what they currently have and how many good years are left in them).

I don't see Burton backflipping for 3 reasons, 1: he'll never be a starting half at the Panthers while they have Cleary and Luai there (even if he was better than Luai, who's already on a big money), 2: if he's a success in his first 2 years with us he'll be able to demand 700-800k (potentially more if we still suck and are desperate) and 3: I doubt the club would allow Burton a release after Panthers didn't release him, hopefully lesson learnt.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our cap will get better with no RCG and Blake on the books in the next year or two.
unfortunately it is the price of success, when many good young talent emerges at the same time it isn't possible to keep everyone and be under the current unfair cap system that our club has suffered immensely from, as a result we printed the famous.....BRED NOT BOUGHT T-shirts.

Malla

Reaction score
Panthers have a lot of upgrades coming up over the next 2 years which will probably lead to them losing a couple of players they'd want to keep. These are most of players I think the Panthers will need to upgrade:

-Capewell
-May
-Edwards
-JFH
-Kikau
-Koroisau
-Leota

I think it's pretty likely they lose 2-3 players from this list. They will also most likely have their depth taken away again, e.g. players like Kenny, Burns (apparently going to the Dragons) and Naden come to mind.

They'll still be an elite team and they'll keep developing and producing talent and as long as they have a 1-2 year plan in advance they can manage the roster accordingly and keep the best ones coming through (if they're better than what they currently have and how many good years are left in them).

I don't see Burton backflipping for 3 reasons, 1: he'll never be a starting half at the Panthers while they have Cleary and Luai there (even if he was better than Luai, who's already on a big money), 2: if he's a success in his first 2 years with us he'll be able to demand 700-800k (potentially more if we still suck and are desperate) and 3: I doubt the club would allow Burton a release after Panthers didn't release him, hopefully lesson learnt.
If they try and keep JFH and Kikau I reckon that would mean everybody else on that list above is as good as gone. JFH is the best front rower in the game at the moment he would command 800k a year easy as well as Kikau.

Wouldn't mind having a crack at Leota - surely the would struggle to keep him on since they resigned Leniu and Yeo already. He's built like a fire hydrant lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
:frowning:
You guys have the formula right and will just follow the Storm blueprint.

Promote up and comer from junior stocks and let over priced go. Regenerate the team wisely due to plentiful supply by either excellent recruitment or foster junior programs.

I wouldnt be too concerned as you can replace losses judiciously.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They dont care about players when they write this. They care more about the response from the fans - ie. you write up a bullshit column on a player wanting to backflip, youre gonna get a response from a certain fan group. That's what sells papers.
Yes true,I stopped subscribing to the Tele,after mad Monday,don’t have Foxtel,I’ve had no involvement with any news Ltd publications,since all the nagative publicity around our club.

BahaMan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just got sent this. You’ve got fuckheads like “Clarkey” putting his 2 cents in. Like honestly do these people want the bulldogs to just be shit forever? The game will die without big supporter clubs like the dogs having a keen interest in the game. @Oldpanther I think he needs another one of your roastings mate
11CB559A-6B0F-4CE2-A972-FEB1551DCBAF.jpeg

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s not wrong though...

BahaMan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He’s not wrong though...
Clubs doomed if that’s the case. Let’s advocate for the signings that will hopefully improve the side to backflip and let the club continue to be the club where values diminish, makes plenty of sense.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just got sent this. You’ve got fuckheads like “Clarkey” putting his 2 cents in. Like honestly do these people want the bulldogs to just be shit forever? The game will die without big supporter clubs like the dogs having a keen interest in the game. @Oldpanther I think he needs another one of your roastings mate
View attachment 22890
Who the fuck is clarkey and why should we give a fuck what he thinks?

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wonder what clarkey thinks about dividing up the riffs junior area amongst the other nrl teams..if theyre going to be greedy kunz and entice players to break contracts?