News Matt Burton Walking Into Dogs Breakfast

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL360 talking about Burton back flipping on deal.......
None would be surprised if he did, what’s a contract etc.
they need to start winning some games...

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unless he enjoys playing reserve grade or being played out of position for the rest of his career than I doubt he will do it. Plus Penrith will need to pay us out and I don't think they may not have the money to do so.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what a purposeless article to speculate that due to our current troubles Burton may want to do a DCE style backflip on his 2022 contract with us even though your due diligence had you contact Burton's agent who confirmed that the contract has been signed and registered with the NRL... in other words, no backflip possible

the article literally lacks any substance whatsoever

the Australian sporting media should be dropped off en masse at Centrelink... pathetic

Attachments

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless he enjoys playing reserve grade or being played out of position for the rest of his career than I doubt he will do it. Plus Penrith will need to pay us out and I don't think they may not have the money to do so.
He can’t do it. Legally binding contract. Cooling off period finished 3 months ago

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's like they're trying to speak it into existence even though it's not possible, Burton doesn't want to and we wouldn't let him even if he did..

They really do have such a vendetta against the club. Instead of talking about how huge a signing it is for us, and he's the type of player that can eventually help us become a force again, they have to create a drama for the sake of it.

It would help if they knew the rules changed and it's not possible.. But the truth isn't important is it?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton can’t do it on his own.....he needs quality players around him
You saying JAC is not a quality player?
Are you saying we’re going to keep all our contracted dud players and not release them and not improve our roster?

Because the answer of Yes to both the above questions will mean Burton can’t do it all on his own. Then you maybe right. But I’m pretty sure the answer to both the above questions will be a No.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
dickheads....this dogshit thread will have life for a long time from some of the negatory mofo's on here....