Keep Assassin Smiling - Get Well Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Normally it's kept on a machine pumping blood till transplant. AFAIK.

In some cases the donor heart needs to be zapped back into beating.

even during the bypass surgeries the heart is taken out of the chest and put on the table, machines is pumping the blood while the heart is non functional during the heart by pass.

once the arteries and veins are cleared from shit, the heart is put back in the chest and then it is massaged and/ or given electric shocks to revive it.

In some cases, heart never turns back on again , no matter how many shocks you give or hand massage it.

It is seriously luck of the draw.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
even during the bypass surgeries the heart is taken out of the chest and put on the table, machines is pumping the blood while the heart is non functional during the heart by pass.

once the arteries and veins are cleared from shit, the heart is put back in the chest and then it is massaged and/ or given electric shocks to revive it.

In some cases, heart never turns back on again , no matter how many shocks you give or hand massage it.

It is seriously luck of the draw.
I had an ex-girlfriend like that..no matter how much I massaged her..her heart never turned back on for me!! Lol!!! :-)

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry for the lack of updates. As Blue and White mentioned, Eddie had the hiccups since Sunday. While it doesn't sound bad, imagine being punched in the chest by Mike Tyson every time you hiccup.

That was the bad news, the good news is he's out of ICU and he's in a ward. His heart is beating on its own and his heart rate is 70, which is great. Two days ago the doctors were saying it could be two to three weeks to beat on its own.

Thank you to everyone with your concern and kind words. We all appreciate it and it means a lot to Eddie and to me.
Your a legend KE
Silly thing I was told once and don't know if it will help.
Tell the tough old bastard to concentrate on his NEXT hiccup - don't know why but ir mostly stops the hiccups.
If that is the worst he has to go through (ok exaggerating just a weeny bit here) then he is well on the way to being at a few games this year.
Tell him I will be looking for him at the Eels v Dogs game June 29.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hey family, struggling to type with the shakes from the meds and lack of chest power but I had to message thank you and I really love you all like my own family.

Will chat more when I can.

You guys all share this victory with me.

Love youse all.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
OMG I am soooooooooooo evil I scare myself sometimes.
Has anyone considered what will happen to Assassin IF HE GOT a heart from a rabid EELS supporter?
Notice I have my sense of humour back hearing the good news about him. Hehe.

Spoke to the Gremmo Foundation people today and they are happy to help with Organ Donor Awareness Round if they can.
We WILL NOT encroach upon their Jersey Day but can work together on this.
Chasing up with Bernie Gurr over at the Eels to see what he thinks.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey family, struggling to type with the shakes from the meds and lack of chest power but I had to message thank you and I really love you all like my own family.

Love youse all.
Mate you don't know what it means to so many people to hear from da man himself.
Go you good thing.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Love youse all.
Awesome to hear from you..keep powering on you champion!!!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Love youse all.
got that holiday house near the beach ready ****. remember the drs orders for salty air .

Love youse all.
great to hear from you brother. rest up get better ............ first post ive seen with out a cuss word. those ***** have better not removed your swear box

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Love youse all.
I hope the hiccups are gone. They're annoying normally but after your surgery it must be hellish. Good to see you online. Were all glad you finally get a fighting chance at the rest of your life.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Love youse all.
Go you fucking champion bring it home ...

(In the voice of that awesome poster who videos himself watching our team win)

Seriously loving the news .. Still can't believe it!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
OMG I am soooooooooooo evil I scare myself sometimes.
Has anyone considered what will happen to Assassin IF HE GOT a heart from a rabid EELS supporter?
Notice I have my sense of humour back hearing the good news about him. Hehe.

Spoke to the Gremmo Foundation people today and they are happy to help with Organ Donor Awareness Round if they can.
We WILL NOT encroach upon their Jersey Day but can work together on this.
Chasing up with Bernie Gurr over at the Eels to see what he thinks.
Hey @Sir Col "THE MU ..

I know the Gremmo brothers (kinda), and I know a business they link with who I reckon would be wanting to get the word out about this (ex league players too).

So if you need help on that one, just tell me what you want and I'll speak to my contact, and get them to talk to Gremmos.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Love youse all.
YOU.FUCKING.LEGEND!!!

Rest well my friend, and we will defintely throw one huge motherfucker of a celebration/meet when you get the all clear.

God knows .. you deserve it mate.

Couldn't be prouder :grinning:

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey @Sir Col "THE MU ..

I know the Gremmo brothers (kinda), and I know a business they link with who I reckon would be wanting to get the word out about this (ex league players too).

So if you need help on that one, just tell me what you want and I'll speak to my contact, and get them to talk to Gremmos.
Thanks mate - early days yet but we are moving forward.
I will be calling for all and any help we can get to see this happen.
We discussed a few ex players Gremmo is working with and he said he would also make himself available if we can get a face to face with Raelene plus hopefully Bernie.
I am not mentioning any names as yet but this has been a positive start.
Spoke to Eels club today and have email address, so working on something to send to Bernie tomorrow.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was expecting to read that @ASSASSIN was already in training for the next marathon in NSW.

But nope, he is just bone lazy. :tonguewink:

Hope all is well in your recovery.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks mate - early days yet but we are moving forward.
I will be calling for all and any help we can get to see this happen.
We discussed a few ex players Gremmo is working with and he said he would also make himself available if we can get a face to face with Raelene plus hopefully Bernie.
I am not mentioning any names as yet but this has been a positive start.
Spoke to Eels club today and have email address, so working on something to send to Bernie tomorrow.
I actually spoke to Rae Rae personally in 2015-16 after sending her an email and it was she who gave me the name of the NRL community officer who deals with all this sort of stuff. Got a reply after a few email contacts and what I thought was promising news from the previous officer Adam Check ( was taking the info to a meeting and would get back to me but didn't )but then he left and a lady called Ellen Beale took over. Had a few emails with her ( last one I sent in October 2016)and she asked for my phone number which I gave to her and still no contact. Don't even know if she is still there. Was frustrating so I hope that you can get further. Let me know if I can help in some way.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually spoke to Rae Rae personally in 2015-16 after sending her an email and it was she who gave me the name of the NRL community officer who deals with all this sort of stuff. Got a reply after a few email contacts and what I thought was promising news from the previous officer Adam Check ( was taking the info to a meeting and would get back to me but didn't )but then he left and a lady called Ellen Beale took over. Had a few emails with her ( last one I sent in October 2016)and she asked for my phone number which I gave to her and still no contact. Don't even know if she is still there. Was frustrating so I hope that you can get further. Let me know if I can help in some way.
After speaking with Richard Gremmo he also has contacts within the NRL which he said he is happy to put us onto.
I believe Bobcat is with the NRL in some capacity (or is it the Dogs?) and he eveidently does a bit of work with Gremmo as well.
Here's hoping.
Didn't get my email away to Bernie today so hopefullt tomorrow.
Cheers
Dogluva you have done a tremendous job.
We WILL make this happen one way or the other.8-)

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck !
What a joy to hear from @ASSASSIN.
I was asleep most of yesterday (life of a shift worker) but yo see a post from the man himself ?? Brings tears to my eyes.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Quick update.

Massive chest pain, 2 days 0 sleep. Heart pumping ok mechanically but electrically still having dramas. Really weak.

Will update when I can.

Peace family.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Quick update.

Massive chest pain, 2 days 0 sleep. Heart pumping ok mechanically but electrically still having dramas. Really weak.

Will update when I can.

Peace family.
Get well my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.