Status
Not open for further replies.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Orford dominates Sherwin in every aspect. Some of you guys need to take off your blue and white glasses. Sherwin is a very good player. Orford is just awesome. He is the form halfback of the competition at the moment. Not too sure if he will be selected for rep footy.

Christabella

Reaction score
Habib said:
Orford dominates Sherwin in every aspect. Some of you guys need to take off your blue and white glasses. Sherwin is a very good player. Orford is just awesome. He is the form halfback of the competition at the moment. Not too sure if he will be selected for rep footy.
Yeah he is the form halfback but Melbourne players seem to get overlooked for NSW as much as the Bulldogs do. If it were picked now both he and King and possibly even Hill should be there but I doubt any of them will.

BTW I'll be dancing for joy if they are picked because it means we don't have to play them :D

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
hahaha yes! easy two points! we need a few of those... it's going to be a tough season.

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
I think hes a good player. He always puts in the effort imo.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
doggy done it... when was the last time you a watched a club game which the dogs wernt playing?

if you have been watching melbourne vs brisbane tonite... than you would change your mind about sherwin and say orford is the best halfback atm...

with orford leading melbourne around in that form... melbourne would have won the gf easily no matter who they were playing!

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wouldnt get the number 7 on my 70yr anniversary jersey if i didnt rate him. he has the best short kicking game and 40/20 boot in the nrl. he should leave bombs to braithy.

i rate shifty very high.

Anastabation

Reaction score
Sherwin is regarded as one of the best half backs in the comp. In 2002/3 people were saying he was the 2nd best half back in the world. He has played city origin and has led a side to a premiership. However, I believe that orfords & kimmorleys running games are a level above shifty, with other attributes about even. For this reason I agree that they should be considered ahead of him.

In my mind, fit, the best best half backs in the world are: johns, orford, kimmorley, sherwin, finch in that order.

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Premier Ozzy said:
doggy done it... when was the last time you a watched a club game which the dogs wernt playing?

if you have been watching melbourne vs brisbane tonite... than you would change your mind about sherwin and say orford is the best halfback atm...

with orford leading melbourne around in that form... melbourne would have won the gf easily no matter who they were playing!
we always dominate melbourne regardless of how well orford plays. U guys have short memories. and i say we beat them again this year.

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
hey
is it just me or was this thread started by someone crying because they heard on the media (2UE) that noone mentioned Sherwin.

you havent backed up your points with facts of sherwins ability, just insults and bullcrap
Crying? I want justice moron. I've given u plenty reasons why i like Sherwin. U started with the insults as a compensation for your lack of intelligence and ability to debate logically. you 're as thick as bricks.

F

fatal1

yea but i think many ppl fail to realise that orford doesnt play that well under pressure matches/situations..

against the top quality sides at the right time of the year orford fails to lead his team around the park (namely the finals matches vs dogs)...this shows that sherwin thrives on performing under pressure which is why i still think it is wrong for him to be completely overlooked for rep sides. Sherwin performs on the big stage.

sherwin for me deserves to at least get a mention which is clearly not happening

F

fatal1

Mr Rodriguez™ said:
hey
is it just me or was this thread started by someone crying because they heard on the media (2UE) that noone mentioned Sherwin.

you havent backed up your points with facts of sherwins ability, just insults and bullcrap
i dont think he is crying, he is raising a very valid point as to why sherwin is overlooked and most of the ppl here seem to laugh at a very plausible opinion

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sherwin always outplays kimmorley. johns and orford when their respective sides meet. In other words he OUTPLAYS HIS OPPOSITE NUMBER! That is the best argument as to why he is better than them. U can't beat that logic!

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
fatal1™ said:
i dont think he is crying, he is raising a very valid point as to why sherwin is overlooked and most of the ppl here seem to laugh at a very plausible opinion
U r one of the few intelligent kennelers around fatal! welcome back! finally, a sensible,logical person to talk to.

Christabella

Reaction score
doggy done it said:
we always dominate melbourne regardless of how well orford plays. U guys have short memories. and i say we beat them again this year.

The rep team deserves to be picked on current form and currently Sherwin is not at his best whereas Orford is. Yes, Sherwin has a blinder in the semi against Melbourne but that was last season ... anyway this is fruitless the selectors don't go on form they go for their favourites so neither will be picked and Kimmorley will get the job even if Sherwin plays all over him tomorrow.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
doggy done it said:
Crying? I want justice moron. I've given u plenty reasons why i like Sherwin. U started with the insults as a compensation for your lack of intelligence and ability to debate logically. you 're as thick as bricks.
okay buddy just get over it

read over the thread again and see who started the insults okay
lets just forget about this senceless "Orford is second best and sherwin is better than Johns"

Everyone has problems with SOO selections.

show me a journalists who thinks that sherwin is not a great player
they just think that Johns/Orford/Kimmorley are better

you have a different opinion lets just leave it at that okay

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
fatal1™ said:
yea but i think many ppl fail to realise that orford doesnt play that well under pressure matches/situations..

against the top quality sides at the right time of the year orford fails to lead his team around the park (namely the finals matches vs dogs)...this shows that sherwin thrives on performing under pressure which is why i still think it is wrong for him to be completely overlooked for rep sides. Sherwin performs on the big stage.

sherwin for me deserves to at least get a mention which is clearly not happening
brilliant logic! you're a breath of fresh air fatal!

F

fatal1

Mr Rodriguez™ said:
okay buddy just get over it

read over the thread again and see who started the insults okay
lets just forget about this senceless "Orford is second best and sherwin is better than Johns"

Everyone has problems with SOO selections.

show me a journalists who thinks that sherwin is not a great player
they just think that Johns/Orford/Kimmorley are better

you have a different opinion lets just leave it at that okay
i think u have missed the point..

doggy done it was clearly trying to say why is that sherwin doesnt even get a mention when it comes to rep sides..

clearly sherwin outplays all the kimmorelys, gowers and johns' 90% of the time when he faces them and yet he doesnt even get a mention...

we all know that orford is playing awesome - i watched the match vs brisbane tonight and he tore them apart - but put both players on the big stage and see who performs..

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
on a side note, but in keeping with the media driven selection bias, why has elmasri never played on the wing for NSW. for a while he was the best winger in the comp.but like sherwin he never gets a mention-they pick Tahu instead! U can't tell me that's not bullsh.t!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the point im making is he's is probably a 2nd or 3rd string NSW selection

he's a great player but needs to be consistant
if he shows me the form he had in 2002 and most of 2003 then ill be the first to riot outside NSWRL if he didnt make this years NSW team.

when he shows he can threaten the defensive line with more than he's devastating kicking game then he'll be the ultimate attacking weapon

i hope he gets the NSW job but your arguments are that he doesnt get any praise for his performances which i think is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.