How do you rate Sherwin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stevie J said:
No way is Sherwin the best haldfback in teh comp. People need to realise while he is an awesome doggies player as was Terry Lamb once it comes time for Origin and test matches he doesnt fit the bill of what they want a test halfback to be.

He has the best short kicking game in the league but that doesnt get u into origin.
is that all he's got? winning GF try not set up by kick.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
it seriousely is a toss up right now based on week to week form

i dont like Orford or Kimmorley, but you have to respect their talents
i say i wish sherwin gets the SOO jersey but he has to have a couple of great games in front of Channel 9 camera's on a Friday night for that to happen

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
doggy done it said:
is that all he's got? winning GF try not set up by kick.
Its not all he's got but Orford and other halfbacks are more solid halfbacks able to create more holes etc...ball running halfbacks.

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
it seriousely is a toss up right now based on week to week form

i dont like Orford or Kimmorley, but you have to respect their talents
i say i wish sherwin gets the SOO jersey but he has to have a couple of great games in front of Channel 9 camera's on a Friday night for that to happen
so he needs to impress fatty and gus? good selection criteria you got there.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
GF wasnt sherwins best game of the year and 04 wasnt his best year
like i said if i was making a case for sherwin to get a SOO jersey, i would look at the 2002 season and some games from 03 and 04
the trouble is he needs to find a year of consistancy

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stevie J said:
Its not all he's got but Orford and other halfbacks are more solid halfbacks able to create more holes etc...ball running halfbacks.
that's because that's pretty much all melbourne have. We have more players to attack the line and create plays like anasta, hughes, ryan,thurston (last year). Sherwin doesn't stand out in that respect as much as orford for that reason.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
doggy done it said:
so he needs to impress fatty and gus? good selection criteria you got there.
it's the truth buddy

M

Makavelli

Why are we arguing for? Its simple atm orford is the best halfback running around in the game followed by kimmorley and then sherwin.

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
GF wasnt sherwins best game of the year and 04 wasnt his best year
like i said if i was making a case for sherwin to get a SOO jersey, i would look at the 2002 season and some games from 03 and 04
the trouble is he needs to find a year of consistancy
They just won the premiership and sherwin was instrumental in this.How more consistent do u want a player to be?!!!

M

Makavelli

doggy done it said:
They just won the premiership and sherwin was instrumental in this.How more consistent do u want a player to be?!!!
That was last year.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
doggy done it said:
that's because that's pretty much all melbourne have. We have more players to attack the line and create plays like anasta, hughes, ryan,thurston (last year). Sherwin doesn't stand out in that respect as much as orford for that reason.
DING!
exactly right
sherwin is a great player dont get me wrong, but our Backs are so good that he doesnt have to do as much work as other halfbacks

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs2005 said:
Why are we arguing for? Its simple atm orford is the best halfback running around in the game followed by kimmorley and then sherwin.
keep reading those papers buddy- u sound just like them. I don't agree. He's not playing rep. footy because the media don't favour him and that's bullsh.t.He steered us to a premiership and that should be enough to get into NSW at least.

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
DING!
exactly right
sherwin is a great player dont get me wrong, but our Backs are so good that he doesnt have to do as much work as other halfbacks
Im beginning to like u now because you're starting to think well. I'm not a baby-much older than u. respect your elders!

M

Makavelli

doggy done it said:
keep reading those papers buddy- u sound just like them. I don't agree. He's not playing rep. footy because the media don't favour him and that's bullsh.t.He steered us to a premiership and that should be enough to get into NSW at least.

Dont give me that bullshiit man.

Anyone thats read my previous posts knows that i ****en hate the media with a passion and that i dont believe one word they say.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
doggy done it said:
hey
is it just me or was this thread started by someone crying because they heard on the media (2UE) that noone mentioned Sherwin.

you havent backed up your points with facts of sherwins ability, just insults and bullcrap

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Sherwin will be rated when he gets his consistancy of 2002 and 2003 back. He is still very much inconsistant, possibly due to an ongoing injury. He is still a gun though.

Christabella

Reaction score
doggy done it said:
You weren't watching tonight's match were you?
Bellamy gave Orford a rest for the last 15 minutes and the scoring spree continued. The Storm have more attacking weapons than most teams, even the Bulldogs ... Orford stands out in a very good line up. Hill, Smith, Cronk, Slater all these players are brilliant attackers. Hoffman, Kidwell and King can bust the line as well.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't swap Sherwin for anyone, when on song he has arguably the best kicking game in the comp and he is a Bulldog born and bred. I am happy for Kimmorley and Orford to fight out the rep spots because it leaves Sherwin to direct the Doggies around

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
doggy done it said:
You just agreed with me in a roundabout way. We mgiht rely on Sherwin for different things but when it comes to huge matches they wants halves that dominate and put people through holes and can step through holes themselves.

Sherwin is a creator...not a ball player.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i'd rather have shifty playing for us in all our games then havin in rep camps missin games and possibly gettin injured.

matt orford will get nsw no.7 hands down

Status
Not open for further replies.