How do you rate Sherwin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Am I the only one with a huge rap on Sherwin? The media ignore him, mostly. He never gets a mention for rep. honours. Last year he outplayed kimmorley and orford and was instrumental in leading us to the GF and the victory( set up winning try with brilliant deceptive running).
The guy is the most underrated player in league and it's time he gets the recognition he deserves with rep. honours.
Would u take him over kimmorley,johns or orford?
Like to know your thoughts.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the media don't completly ignore him

he is generally knowned as one of the best halfbacks going around today
and will be in the hunt for a Blues jersey if Johns form continues to dissapoint

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
doggy done it said:
Would u take him over kimmorley,johns or orford?
Like to know your thoughts.
answer: yes. of course that is a biased answer :p

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
the media don't completly ignore him

he is generally knowned as one of the best halfbacks going around today
and will be in the hunt for a Blues jersey if Johns form continues to dissapoint
sorry, but you're delusional. All i hear on sports talkback radio is orford and kimmorley. On a recent talk about the aust. halfback position on 2UE, alexander and gibbs didn't even mention him- it was a race between orford and kimmorley(if not johns). What media sources are u listening to?Would you take any of the other halfbacks instead?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
doggy done it said:
sorry, but you're delusional. All i hear on sports talkback radio is orford and kimmorley. On a recent talk about the aust. halfback position on 2UE, alexander and gibbs didn't even mention him- it was a race between orford and kimmorley(if not johns). What media sources are u listening to?Would you take any of the other halfbacks instead?
who cares about what 2UE think, mate you have to start respecting other star halfbacks as well
stop thinking from a biased stand point and thinking that everything needs to be hand delivered to our players
sherwin will be in the hunt for SOO this year but i dont know if he'll make it

and dont call me dillusional again buddy okay

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
who cares about what 2UE think, mate you have to start respecting other star halfbacks as well
stop thinking from a biased stand point and thinking that everything needs to be hand delivered to our players
sherwin will be in the hunt for SOO this year but i dont know if he'll make it

and dont call me dillusional again buddy okay
i'm not biased and u still didn't say if u would swap any of the other halfbacks for sherwin. If u don't have the b.lls to answer the tough question, p.ss off!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
doggy done it said:
i'm not biased and u still didn't say if u would swap any of the other halfbacks for sherwin. If u don't have the b.lls to answer the tough question, p.ss off!
:rolleyes: *thinking of a great comeback*
......umm
..... :confused:

YOU SUCK :D

serousely brother you need to cut down on your suger intake there
your blood pressure is a bit too high and you seem a little jumpy :p

what about when Johns was injured a few years back for a SOO match, Sherwin was the one who was on stand by to replace him

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sherwin has earned his rep. spot, i think. He doesn't need any favours. I'm sick of the media bullsh.t that sways selectors' opinions.

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
:rolleyes: *thinking of a great comeback*
......umm
..... :confused:

YOU SUCK :D

serousely brother you need to cut down on your suger intake there
your blood pressure is a bit too high and you seem a little jumpy :p

what about when Johns was injured a few years back for a SOO match, Sherwin was the one who was on stand by to replace him
Mate, are u going to answer the thread question or just pussy-foot around? HOW DO U RATE SHERWIN RELATIVE TO THE OTHERS?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i reckon sherwin is up there with the best halfbacks buddy

his attacking kicking game is the best, even better than Johns has shown in his prime time.
??? what do you want me to say
if he takes on the line more often he will be my top halback selection for NSW

what do you think makes him the best halfback because you never really answered the question yourself
besides stating his run in the GF

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
i reckon sherwin is up there with the best halfbacks buddy

his attacking kicking game is the best, even better than Johns has shown in his prime time.
??? what do you want me to say
if he takes on the line more often he will be my top halback selection for NSW

what do you think makes him the best halfback because you never really answered the question yourself
besides stating his run in the GF
What sherwin did in GF was a small sample of what he was doing all year. look at how many tries he set up with brilliant kicking, smart running and reading the defenses' weaknesses. Good defender too.He outperformed orford and kimmorley last year and in my humble opinion, if you're gonna pick on form, u gotta pick him(although past 2 games haven't been great admittingly)

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
look at his game Vs melbourne 2 weeks before the grand final
too get a better form describtion
he took care of Orford that day

Just has to play like that every game for him to be realised as the best halfback in the game because for a while last year he didnt look too sharp IMO

the only problem to get to the NSW jersey is Johns superstar rating that wont rub of anytime soon (like i said before unless his form continues to remain the way it is)
or Kimmorley who i think should be battling a two horse race with Sherwin to SOO 1

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
look at his game Vs melbourne 2 weeks before the grand final
too get a better form describtion
he took care of Orford that day

Just has to play like that every game for him to be realised as the best halfback in the game because for a while last year he didnt look too sharp IMO

the only problem to get to the NSW jersey is Johns superstar rating that wont rub of anytime soon (like i said before unless his form continues to remain the way it is)
or Kimmorley who i think should be battling a two horse race with Sherwin to SOO 1
Still waiting for you to answer the million dollar question- would u swap sherwin for any of the others? I can honestly,unbiasedly say i think he is the best and i wouldn't swap him.Noone looks sharp all year.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
doggy done it said:
Still waiting for you to answer the million dollar question- would u swap sherwin for any of the others? I can honestly,unbiasedly say i think he is the best and i wouldn't swap him.
im not going to waste my time with hypothetical bullcrap

the facts are:
1) he is contracted to the dogs
and
2) I am not a NSW SOO selector

unless that changes what i say right now means nothing.
but to stop you from crying like a 15 month old baby

NO i wont swap him, but thats my slightly biased oppinion and the fact that johns is crap now

Kazza

Waterboy
Reaction score
doggy done it said:
i second that he never gets a mention

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
No way is Sherwin the best haldfback in teh comp. People need to realise while he is an awesome doggies player as was Terry Lamb once it comes time for Origin and test matches he doesnt fit the bill of what they want a test halfback to be.

He has the best short kicking game in the league but that doesnt get u into origin.

M

Makavelli

Stevie J said:
I agree with u on that. Kimmorley better not get the test haldback position.
Kimmorley will play halfback for both australia and nsw.

Status
Not open for further replies.