DROP BEAR HAS LEFT THE BUILDING. - Drop Bear Tribute Thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
to Me it feels like yesterday he was still here.

I could never understand it?
He was an eels supporter, but had respect,courtesy and consideration.

I always thought he was a bulldogs supporter?
Then one day he let me know he supports parramatta and I was like huh, wtf?
How come you aren’t pissing me off with Jarryd Hayne propaganda and talking up how good the eels are all the time even though they haven’t done anything since 1986?

Judging by his posts that I remember, he struck me as an easy going and down to earth person?
Very easy going, down to earth and bloody wise. He was a massive help for me when we were both fighting for our lives. Genuine bloke with a heart of gold.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Looking down upon us all today, and laughing his arse off I'm sure at Parra getting another spoon.

We all miss him greatly.

This forum.. no wait... the entire Parra vs Dogs fanbase is better off as a result of Peter. He managed something that was pretty much unheard of (Dogs and Eels fans in harmony).

Hope Jersey Day does really well for the Gremmo family (I kinda know them via an associate). Really good blokes and hopefully one day they bring it into the NRL as a full round, with the Gremmos as spokespeople for DonateLife.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I feel guilty that I got to a transplant when he didn't.
Don't feel guilty.

I see it that Peter made sure you didn't miss out on a transplant as well.

Last edited:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was held in that high of regard on this forum, most didn't even heckle him after an eels loss lol
The respect we had and still have for him was prolly better than any dogs supporter on here lol
And assassin don't feel guilty mate, just life your life to your potential

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't feel guilty.

I see it that Peter made sure you don't miss out on a transplant as well.
Knowing the man he was, probably had a word to the Big Man upstairs and organised something.

It's just sad, I was supposed to drive up the coast to visit him and the garden he loved.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
RIP DB. We miss you.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I truly hope there is something beyond life.
There is my friend, there is. You're Italian right? I'll tell you something... if you ever go to Rome, make sure to drop into Vatican City, and that will change, or solidify your outlook on what's beyond the grave. I've been there :innocent:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is my friend, there is. You're Italian right? I'll tell you something... if you ever go to Rome, make sure to drop into Vatican City, and that will change, or solidify your outlook on what's beyond the grave. I've been there :innocent:
I've been reading about people's experiences after being clinically dead. Seems everyone has a different experience, a rich guy , a business man who thought he'd been a good citizen was on his way to hell and was terrified . He was told he was going to hell because he was greedy on earth but thankfully was given a second chance to come back and redeem himself .

In January this year a work colleagues sister in law went into cardiac arrest but thankfully was resuscitated.. A few hours after the ordeal she immediately started talking about her out of body experience, she claimed to have spoken to my work colleagues dad who had passed away a year earlier.. She described him as wearing brown trousers, a checked shirt and a beret.. He had told her not to turn around and to go back because it's not your time , she described the experience as peaceful but obeyed his instructions..
A few weeks later when my workmate asked her about it she completely denied it..

I don't know what to think.. My mum died in December last year and I thought if anyone could come back to reassure me it would be her.. She was remarkable in life, could do anything and did everything to make us happy..

Wahesh

Reaction score
I've been reading about people's experiences after being clinically dead. Seems everyone has a different experience, a rich guy , a business man who thought he'd been a good citizen was on his way to hell and was terrified . He was told he was going to hell because he was greedy on earth but thankfully was given a second chance to come back and redeem himself .

In January this year a work colleagues sister in law went into cardiac arrest but thankfully was resuscitated.. A few hours after the ordeal she immediately started talking about her out of body experience, she claimed to have spoken to my work colleagues dad who had passed away a year earlier.. She described him as wearing brown trousers, a checked shirt and a beret.. He had told her not to turn around and to go back because it's not your time , she described the experience as peaceful but obeyed his instructions..
A few weeks later when my workmate asked her about it she completely denied it..

I don't know what to think.. My mum died in December last year and I thought if anyone could come back to reassure me it would be her.. She was remarkable in life, could do anything and did everything to make us happy..
@Wolfmother take a look at this. Very powerful!

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score

The only thing any of us can say with certainty is we have no idea at all.
Houdini promised his wife if there was a "way back" he would contact her - never happened.
Then I know of people who claim they have not only seen, but talked to loved ones who have passed away during near death experiences - yet none are able to say what is on the other side.
Frank Packer when he went through this said there was nothing - no light, no dark, just nothing.
Mate of mine was clinically dead for 18 minutes and came back - he won't talk about the specifics, but simply says he went through some very freaky experiences which he cannot tell if they were real or imagined.
Interestingly enough this same mate's father also died on the operating table many years earlier and spoke of seeing and talking with his uncle and brother who were both dressed in smart beige trousers and "beautiful" light blue jackets.
I believe there is a spiritual world but what exactly it entails is beyond my understanding.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I believe there is a spiritual world but what exactly it entails is beyond my understanding.
I agree with that. What I think is that the reason there are so many conflicting stories on what's on the other side is because... well it's different for everyone. I mean how we encounter our entrance to the next life is not the same for everyone. The lady in the video link I posted was greeted by spirits who made her feel safe... I highly doubt Adolf Hitler received the same reception. That's why I like to try and best the best person I can possibly be. Also I was taught to forgive. If you don't forgive and hold a grudge and take it to the grave, that's a mortal sin. We need to accept we are not perfect and neither are those who deceive us, and by forgiving them, we are also purifying ourselves as well as them. Now of course I'm not someone who will forget, but I can forgive.

Another thing to keep note of is that if someone is clinically dead, they just means hat their body has stopped working, but it does not necessarily mean that they have crossed over yet... it just means their body has stopped responding.

Last edited:

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with that. What I think is that the reason there are so many conflicting stories on what's on the other side is because... well it's different for everyone. I mean how we encounter our entrance to the next life is not the same for everyone. The lady in the video link I posted was greeted by spirits who made her feel safe... I highly doubt Adolf Hitler received the same reception. That's why I like to try and best the best person I can possibly be. Also I was taught to forgive. If you don't forgive and hold a grudge and take it to the grave, that's a mortal sin. We need to accept we are not perfect and neither are those who deceive us, and by forgiving them, we are also purifying ourselves as well as them. Now of course I'm not someone who will forget, but I can forgive.

Another thing to keep note of is that if someone is clinically dead, they just means hat their body has stopped walking, but it does not necessarily mean that they have crossed over yet... it just means their body has stopped responding.
Not to make fun of your comment Wahesh - but 18 minutes without breathing and no signs of brain activity is something of an indication you sure ain't alive as we know it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Not to make fun of your comment Wahesh - but 18 minutes without breathing and no signs of brain activity is something of an indication you sure ain't alive as we know it.
As I said, that person is clinically dead, however hasn't crossed over yet.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Longest I was clinically dead for was 7 mins 36 seconds, thank God I was in hospital and not at home.

That's why I don't give a fuck if people laugh and call me crazy or any professional will doubt me, I know there is an afterlife because 3 of my 12 deaths I knew I was gone and it was the most comfortable I have ever felt in my life.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Longest I was clinically dead for was 7 mins 36 seconds, thank God I was in hospital and not at home.

That's why I don't give a fuck if people laugh and call me crazy or any professional will doubt me, I know there is an afterlife because 3 of my 12 deaths I knew I was gone and it was the most comfortable I have ever felt in my life.
It's no mystery why you're the most loved around here brother.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mate you were crazy long before this - but we luvs ya heaps anyway.
Stay strong bro, you don't know how much it means to so many people to see you back and dishing up some shit.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mate you were crazy long before this - but we luvs ya heaps anyway.
Stay strong bro, you don't know how much it means to so many people to see you back and dishing up some shit.
Thanks brother, that means a lot to me.