DROP BEAR HAS LEFT THE BUILDING. - Drop Bear Tribute Thread

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for the welcome. I am Peter's daughter. Have put a small introduction in the introduce yourself forum. :grinning: I've been reading all the tributes here and I'm blown away!

Such a pleasure to have you here on the forum, as it was to have your father contribute to our discussions.

I never met your dad personally; one of my biggest regrets, as we had discussed the possibility of a bbq day meet and greet, once he had the transplant, quite often. I was however the recipient of a photo from him via phone one day during one of his lengthy hospital visits typically accompanied by the words " I sit here waiting. Not getting any better looking lol."

At least I got the chance to speak to him via PM, phone and text for many months and in that way I felt that I got a good insight into the type of person he was; selfless and more concerned for the plight of others. He was intelligent and thoughtful and spoke much of his family. His humour was second to none. He touched the hearts of many here on the kennel and instigated many a lively debate on the subject of football.

His struggle over the last few months of his life saddened me greatly, but he always said to me that your Mum was his rock and that family was always there to strengthen him and keep him going. His own positivity buoyed my spirits; but, in retrospect, I cannot help but think he knew that the happy ending we were all hoping for would not be happening. Typically though, he kept up the good fight until he could no longer do so. In the end his body simply betrayed him which is why we must get some sort of real awareness going through the NRL and our common love of footy to honour his memory and wishes. Too late in the year for that now but new efforts will be forthcoming into the preseason. If you don't mind I should like to send you a PM regarding this. I believe Sir Col may have already been discussing this.

I would appreciate you passing on my heart felt best wishes to your mum ( and of course to all your family). You and yours can be truly proud of him, but I guess that would be like preaching to those already in the know.

This Christmas will be particularly tough for you all with his loss still raw. His spirit will live on however and he will never be far from your thoughts; take heart that his life was not one wasted and he will not be forgotten either by his friends here at the kennel. Time will help heal.

Once again welcome to the kennel. Dad would be proud of you.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
DBJ, welcome to the best forum on the internets :D im sure it wont take you long before you call this place home as well (even though youre the "enemy" lol)

P.S being a lady, i hope you dont mind the swearing on here. you have no choice now but to get used to it ;)

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the kennel should go to the dropbear residence and sing Christmas carols in our jerseys.

Dropbear junior

Waterboy
Reaction score
@ Mr Invisible - This forum could very well be it!!! :grinning:

@ South of Heaven - He'd be chuffed with all the yellow and blue flags flying in the kennel that's for sure lol.

@ Bad Billy - Might as well throw in the towel now. If Drop Bear is pulling the strings, you've got no hope!!! lol.

@ Assassin - He spoke highly of everyone at the kennel forum, but he mentioned you personally a few times. I believe he esteemed you as highly as you do him. I reckon he is pulling the strings for you up there also.

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome and the beautiful messages about my father. Things are still tough right now, but it's helping to hear how he touched people's lives. :grinning:

Dropbear junior

Waterboy
Reaction score
@ dogluver - Thank you for your kind words. It was tough for him in the end, but he didn't stop fighting. He was sure he would get better until just a few days before, but he still kept fighting and hoping. He had so many things he wanted to do. You can PM me. I will pass on the best wishes.

@ G.M - I'm similar to my Dad in that we can skim past offensive language... You're fine :grinning:. Thanks for the welcome. It's a shame you don't have a bat mobile. I think everyone should have at least one...

@ Bad Billy - I think that would knock mum's socks off lol.

@ coach - Thanks for the warm welcome. He was very loved by a lot of people. He had a magnetic personality, but he only spent his time with people that he thought were worth it. Needless to say, he spent a lot of time on the kennel!
;)

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's hard to believe that it's a year since Peter 'Drop Bear' left the building.

I am thinking of him & his family & friends

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well old mate your eels are in the top 4 , i hope your looking down having a good chuckle

Dropbear junior

Waterboy
Reaction score
I wonder if he's had a hand in this?
I was at the match against the Broncos. It was very crowded but there was an empty seat beside me. If he was still here, he would have been sitting there, but he had a place to watch. It was a fantastic game :grinning: He would have been so chuffed to see the eels in the semifinals. :grinning:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's hard to believe that it's a year since Peter 'Drop Bear' left the building.

Sorely missed..never forgotten..

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score

You're a legend Kaz - means a lot to many people that his memory lives on.
NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS
Pretty sure the old bastard (I am allowed to say this coz we had many discussion on which one of us was the oldest and the bastardest) has had his hand in something else.
As most of you know a few of us have been working behind the scenes for an Organ Donor Awareness round - been a tough battle and eventually we made contact with Richard Gremmo (Nathan Gremmo Jersey Day)
Now I believe at our contest of June 29th Eels v Dogs gave some recognition to this at half time - BUT - Jersey Day this year is Friday 1st September and I have been told the Eels last game of the season proper will include recognition of Organ Donor Awareness through Jersey Day. Ch 9 are supporting as well.

I think this is a fitting end to the season for Drop Bear's effort to get an Awareness round happening and would also suit him because as he said so often - "It is not about me or Tank, it is about getting the word out there to save other people's lives"
Hopefully the ongoing negotiations with the NRL will see a FULL round in the future for Organ Donor Awareness via Jersey Day.
Get behind it people - wear your jerseys or go online and purchase the terrific official Jersey Day jersey.
https://www.facebook.com/events/110713842925964/

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I was at the match against the Broncos. It was very crowded but there was an empty seat beside me. If he was still here, he would have been sitting there, but he had a place to watch. It was a fantastic game :grinning: He would have been so chuffed to see the eels in the semifinals. :grinning:
No junior, that seat beside you was NOT empty. Your old man was sitting in that seat in spirit. It was very crowded but that particular seat did not have an occupant... but it was not empty. Your old man was there, and it "appeared" empty for a reason. It was meant to be :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You're a legend Kaz - means a lot to many people that his memory lives on.
NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS
Pretty sure the old bastard (I am allowed to say this coz we had many discussion on which one of us was the oldest and the bastardest) has had his hand in something else.
As most of you know a few of us have been working behind the scenes for an Organ Donor Awareness round - been a tough battle and eventually we made contact with Richard Gremmo (Nathan Gremmo Jersey Day)
Now I believe at our contest of June 29th Eels v Dogs gave some recognition to this at half time - BUT - Jersey Day this year is Friday 1st September and I have been told the Eels last game of the season proper will include recognition of Organ Donor Awareness through Jersey Day. Ch 9 are supporting as well.

I think this is a fitting end to the season for Drop Bear's effort to get an Awareness round happening and would also suit him because as he said so often - "It is not about me or Tank, it is about getting the word out there to save other people's lives"
Hopefully the ongoing negotiations with the NRL will see a FULL round in the future for Organ Donor Awareness via Jersey Day.
Get behind it people - wear your jerseys or go online and purchase the terrific official Jersey Day jersey.
https://www.facebook.com/events/110713842925964/
God bless you and everyone involved!

Thank you from the bottom of my new heart.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Love ya brother - like a brother that is - not like "I loooooove you" - Ewwwwwww.
Lol that would be weird, I used to call your dad Uncle Pete, making you my niece lol

PS I just realised DB Jnr didn't post it. Sorry brother lol

Last edited: