DROP BEAR HAS LEFT THE BUILDING. - Drop Bear Tribute Thread

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Good ol' Pete.

I miss his banter, every time we play the eels it reminds me of him.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Wtf? 3 years already? I could've sworn it was only a year ago. Fukken hell it's scary how quickly life goes by.

I hope he's in a good place right now sitting back with a tinnie and waiting for tomorrow's game to arrive.

Dogs by 1 just to rub it in a bit more lol.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good ol' Pete.

I miss his banter, every time we play the eels it reminds me of him.
The only guy I know who could insult you and leave you grinning about it.
Nathan Gremmo Day on 30th - we didn't get the bloody NRL up orf their arses to do anything but Gremmo Day lives on.
Which team are you guys sending for the match?
We need you guys to play dead to stay in the 8. :dizzy:8-)

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The only guy I know who could insult you and leave you grinning about it.
Nathan Gremmo Day on 30th - we didn't get the bloody NRL up orf their arses to do anything but Gremmo Day lives on.
Which team are you guys sending for the match?
We need you guys to play dead to stay in the 8. :dizzy:8-)
Which team? Even the team can't answer that until the first hit up lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Time has certainly flown since our mate Pete left us..nearly three years, wow and it is a testament to him that we still have the great memories and respect for his contribution to the kennel. Time does heal, but it will never completely take away the hurt of his loss but does much to strengthen the fondness that we have for him to this day.Assassin will attest to that I am sure. I still remember the call I received from Sir Col letting me know that " Drop Bear had left the building" :( a sad day for us all........

As much as Pete meant heaps to us and I still to this day carry the Eels avatar, I can't find it in my heart to tip his beloved Eels. I am holding firm with our side and hope we put the cleaners through them. :blush:

I am sure he will forgive me, he was nothing if fair minded and understanding of our footy team choices.

Nice to see the name "Sir Col The Mushroom" make an appearance and I hope that you and yours are well.:smiley:

Yep, the NRL did not want a bar of our efforts in trying to get a special game between our two sides to carry on the championing of our Organ Donation awareness but quite happily hopped on the back of the Gremmo cause because all the thoughts and work was done for them by the Gremmo family. A great initiative by the Gremmos high jacked by the NRL.....

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Time has certainly flown since our mate Pete left us..nearly three years, wow and it is a testament to him that we still have the great memories and respect for his contribution to the kennel. Time does heal, but it will never completely take away the hurt of his loss but does much to strengthen the fondness that we have for him to this day.Assassin will attest to that I am sure. I still remember the call I received from Sir Col letting me know that " Drop Bear had left the building" :( a sad day for us all........

As much as Pete meant heaps to us and I still to this day carry the Eels avatar, I can't find it in my heart to tip his beloved Eels. I am holding firm with our side and hope we put the cleaners through them. :blush:

I am sure he will forgive me, he was nothing if fair minded and understanding of our footy team choices.

Nice to see the name "Sir Col The Mushroom" make an appearance and I hope that you and yours are well.:smiley:

Yep, the NRL did not want a bar of our efforts in trying to get a special game between our two sides to carry on the championing of our Organ Donation awareness but quite happily hopped on the back of the Gremmo cause because all the thoughts and work was done for them by the Gremmo family. A great initiative by the Gremmos high jacked by the NRL.....
Hello lovely lady - I would expect nothing less than FULL support from you and all the rest on here for your team.
Geez - even when the Eels had a mortgage on The Spoon Pete and me stood behind them (I stood further behind Pete though, in the hope no one could see me:anguished::coldsweat::cry::|:grimacing::grinning:)

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hello lovely lady - I would expect nothing less than FULL support from you and all the rest on here for your team.
Geez - even when the Eels had a mortgage on The Spoon Pete and me stood behind them (I stood further behind Pete though, in the hope no one could see me:anguished::coldsweat::cry::|:grimacing::grinning:)
Hello to you too. Nice to see you posting still.

We are a strange mob us footy supporters...no matter what our fortunes may be on the field, it is pretty much wired in for us to stay supportive, so that is what we do. You guys have a chance this year at least for the semis but I will take on board your advice and remain forever hopeful that we can still make the semis if the planets align...long shot I know but we can all have a dream can't we????

I hope that you are doing well my friend and that your family is going strong. We are well and I have become pretty much a gym junkie.....had to bite the bullet and get fit and at my age it was sooner rather than later,lol.

Staying well and staying active is my focus and I have managed to lose 27kg and keep it off for twelve months or so. I do it for myself and for my family, because for a while there, at least until I met Eddie and 'met', well at least be able to talk to Pete, I was neglectful of my health taking things pretty much for granted. Not any more.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still remember his voice, I don't know if you have contact with @Dropbearjnr but if you do can you just tell them love from the kennel and only for dropbear tonight go the eels

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Vale Drop Bear..
Miss you brother, but I still hope Parra get punished tonight

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still remember his voice, I don't know if you have contact with @Dropbearjnr but if you do can you just tell them love from the kennel and only for dropbear tonight go the eels
Yeah, a real good guy and had many a great conversation with him. I am saddened that I was unable to save my text messages from him when my old phone died.

I too would like to send love and best wishes to @Dropbearjnr; years on we still feel the pain, not as keenly as his family, but it is still very raw....

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hello to you too. Nice to see you posting still.

We are a strange mob us footy supporters...no matter what our fortunes may be on the field, it is pretty much wired in for us to stay supportive, so that is what we do. You guys have a chance this year at least for the semis but I will take on board your advice and remain forever hopeful that we can still make the semis if the planets align...long shot I know but we can all have a dream can't we????

I hope that you are doing well my friend and that your family is going strong. We are well and I have become pretty much a gym junkie.....had to bite the bullet and get fit and at my age it was sooner rather than later,lol.

Staying well and staying active is my focus and I have managed to lose 27kg and keep it off for twelve months or so. I do it for myself and for my family, because for a while there, at least until I met Eddie and 'met', well at least be able to talk to Pete, I was neglectful of my health taking things pretty much for granted. Not any more.
I'm proud of you Kennel Mama! Keep up the great work.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still thinking of you & your loved ones today.

Hard to believe it's 3 years ago.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
:upset::upset::upset:

Miss you Pete......sadly gone but will never be forgotten....

Love to Drop Bear Junior and family