Des Hasler - keep him or replace him?

Keep Des or replace him?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
you watch he will piss off to manly next year mid contract when trent barret is shown the door.
That what I thinking ,
His destroying our club and causing dramas between players,
Have you realised that hopa and trex have special bond with des while the rest get shit

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
FFS really? Yeah its annoying we havent won a comp in a decade. But getting rid of des? Seriously? Who you going to replace him with?

As frustrating as it is, hes got the results. We havent miss the 8 since he coached, we have made 2 GFs. Getting rid of Hasler is not the answer. If every player 1-17 cared and had a good attitude we would win more then we lose. Line speed for instance. Thats enthusiasm. Last 2 weeks theres been none what so ever from the players.
We do win more than we lose. Have this year and every year since Des arrived.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Presuming "No" meant give Hasler the arse I voted "No"

... But fair dinkum, not even the Federal Government could make the simple choice of Yes or No more confusing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Vossy just made a comment about dogs fans online wanting Hasler out and that they are sick of the style of footy lol

Round Of A-Paws

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We've played finals and made two Grand Finals since his arrival in 2012. It's not Des' fault the players make copious amounts of errors, lack line speed intensity, the halves have poor game management skills and are terribly inconsistent as a whole.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There was an article in the days before the Nz game where they interviewed Castle. Basically Des isn't going anywhere while she is there. So something drastic will have to happen for him to go. But I've had enough and think it's time for a change. The team has become too inconsistent.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des is a data based guy. I can tell.

So as long as his winning percentage is good relative to his own record and others, he'll keep doing what his doing.

And you know that's a hard point to argue. What can the board do? Sack him cause he's winning? The structure will change when we don't make the top 8.
That's the problem. You can be a shit team and still make the 8 every year. That's basically the dogs.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I picked not sure
My unwavering support of Des is wearing thin

I hope he comes up with something better soon

The hoppa situation
The same ineffective game plan year in year out
Our rubbish recruitment

Inconsistent player performance

I'm beginning to lose my faith in Desmond now

I have backed him against popular opinion for a few years now but I am beginning to think it was blind faith

Look at parra
Look at sharks
Look at Cowboys
Look at Broncos

Fuk just look what the raiders did to us at belmore.

Our forwards are getting dominated
Our halves lack creativity
Our backs seem to lack speed

The only thing I give our team credit for is they scramble well and aim up enough in defence to keep us competitive and a fringe top 8 team

But we are not contenders

Contenders are consistent week in week out

We may be good enough to scramble our way deep in the semis if we make it that far but that will be it unless something changes

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how many players have a "Des Clause"

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Des is just a weirdo. We need to give a young coach a go.

Last 3 comp wins:

Robinson, Maguire, Paul Green. Nobodies.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jimmy dymock is the man to take over!! He was a candidate for the nsw job, but pulled out because he wanted to stay at the dogs now thats saying something. He is respected by players and loved by players for that fact also highly rated as a coach across the nrl. Des take wierd self your side kick egan , crusher cleal, she rex and a few more and get out of our club!! dymocks assistants can be jason hethrington, mick potter and barry ward who is nsw cup coach all ex bulldogs who love the club. Corey payne should be our ceo too. But nooo its easier the get sponsors with a female ceo. Sadly its all about the money in that department.
Mate, took the words right out of my mouth. Dymock is the obvious choice. The boys love him, he is no Hitler. Ando knows exactly what he's talking about. Well said champ.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Last 3 comp wins:

Ha ha so true.
Gone are the days of the tried and tested coach being the only possibility of wining a comp. I hate to say it, but what do we have to lose? Sadly, I don't see a comp coming our way anytime soon and it is clear Des is happy with the way things are going. He is either unmotivated or has low standards. I don't think it's the later.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have a different view point to most on here.

I believe we have the in the top 5 worst rosters in the NRL. Only the Tigers and Newcastle reaslly have a roster as bad as ours on the overall. Des put in a game plan that he thought could get the best results it has worked on many occasions. If Des had the broncos with our style they would still be on top due to the halves being guns, ditto Cowboys.

In saying that I think we could use with a little change obviously. I still just cannot fathom why our forwards in one set can get a huge run up and make 65m and the next we are standing still its 22m and its not the defence putting on shots either.

Reynolds should not play another game of FG ever. I have been against him for 5 years now.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Last 3 comp wins:

They also had the three best team rosters of those years respective.

Maguire is nowhere and is a terrible coach, ditto Robinson. Lost a few big names and he is getting pummeled. Awaiting Paul green to lose the big boys.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I believe we have the in the top 5 worst rosters in the NRL. Only the Tigers and Newcastle reaslly have a roster as bad as ours on the overall. Des put in a game plan that he thought could get the best results it has worked on many occasions. If Des had the broncos with our style they would still be on top due to the halves being guns, ditto Cowboys.

In saying that I think we could use with a little change obviously. I still just cannot fathom why our forwards in one set can get a huge run up and make 65m and the next we are standing still its 22m and its not the defence putting on shots either.

Reynolds should not play another game of FG ever. I have been against him for 5 years now.
Pretty much, another main problem is why aren't we attracting the players we need when some of them are off contract?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

how do you know what level our players are at when Ennis proved what a top quality hooker he is without Des?

May be Tolman is not a plodder
May be Reynolds can put high bombs, kick chase, run and score
May be Liccha can kick better and create opportunities better than Ennis
May be our players can learn set plays if taught by the coach
May be our players are capable of not throwing hospital passes.

Ennis proved that Des is a myth as we are still playing the same way as we did when Ennis was in the team.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ennis was as good as he is now at times during his stay at the Bulldogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.