Keep Des or replace him?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
oh God I would party for 10 days if Dymock was made coach
Nah, Dymmock is an assistant at best...I've been to our coaches clinics and many functions and he prefers the back sear....as frustrating as des is he does have an aura and the players are mesmorised by him....des is a great coach but he is stubborn. The best outcome is for the club to put pressure on him to change this pathetic, horrible, disgusting system he has in place which he believes prevents him from requiring a dominant half, which was born with our success in 2012. If we sign a dominant 7 this yr then we should give des 2017.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe that Des plan is not to have a dominant Half. I think Hasler will not pay the kind of money needed to attract a dominant half. And I think the delay in finalising Mbye contract is not just on Mbye side.
I think Des needs to understand the game plan he has come up with can not be delivered consistently by the team he has assembled. Either they don't have the skill or the commitment to deliver it. But having said that I think Hasler is best placed to come up with a plan they can deliver.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Although i think it's time for a change and in the end it all comes back o the coach BUT some of our players need to pull fucking finger.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have never rated Hasler. Hes been successful with ready made teams in the past. He has failed at the dogs.
One of the worst areas of his presence here, is his inability to attract quality players. They simply do not want any part of him.
In addition to that, its obvious we never have a game plan. Hasler gets out-coached by rookies. Simply not good enough.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont think we would be doing ourselves any favours with getting rid of Des.
The blokes look uninterested at times. Not all of them, but this is a team game and a few not on their game will reduce our effectiveness and ends up drifting away from our game plan.
He does need to enforce a policy for non performing players. No one should be off limits.

bulldog_ando

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nah, Dymmock is an assistant at best...I've been to our coaches clinics and many functions and he prefers the back sear....as frustrating as des is he does have an aura and the players are mesmorised by him....des is a great coach but he is stubborn. The best outcome is for the club to put pressure on him to change this pathetic, horrible, disgusting system he has in place which he believes prevents him from requiring a dominant half, which was born with our success in 2012. If we sign a dominant 7 this yr then we should give des 2017.
Hes had enough time five years to look for a half. People can say he tried to get foran but got rejected twice in my opinion he waited for foran but was let down and has no plan b. A top coach doesnt wait for a player to come to the club the coach should go and find one. For that matter wtf has crusher cleal done since he came to the club he has recruited no one he suppose to be the best in the business.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have never rated Hasler. Hes been successful with ready made teams in the past. He has failed at the dogs.
One of the worst areas of his presence here, is his inability to attract quality players. They simply do not want any part of him.
In addition to that, its obvious we never have a game plan. Hasler gets out-coached by rookies. Simply not good enough.
Man this post is just rubbish, sorry, and it's not even true. Fine you dont rate him but why feel the need to make up lies? You do realise before he got Coached Manly they hadnt made the finals since the late ninties and before he came here we made the finals once in 4 years, right. Ready made teams LOL, look at that 2012 team and tell me thats a ready made team. Keating and Grub halves, a hot and cold Barba at FB, Corey PAyne and Stagg LOL, Halatau, Jono Wright, Inu, 2012 team was beyond average on paper and was no where near a "ready made" team. I wont even go on about your delusions of us signing JT and the like LOL. Other than that time for him to go it hasnt worked.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
"Hustler" is an overpaid and stubborn version of Kevin Moore. Let's find a young coach and send this trojan back to Manly.

For a club that had three coaches in 3 years(2008 folkes/moore, 2011 moore/hustler), we have been more than patient.

Jackson.CT

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
I know there was a poll created sometime ago , whether to keep the super coach or let him go and that poll was overwhelmingly in the favour of keeping des.

I just want to see how the fans opinion has changed now after watching the same shiit with same results since the last poll.

So question is , Do you still want to keep des or you want to replace him.
the option to replace him is all good but, to the people who hit replace. Who do we replace him with? Because if we do get rid of him we need to bring in somebody who can do better than him and as he has lost 2 GF with us I suppose that the man we bring in will have to be a potential GF winner

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
the option to replace him is all good but, to the people who hit replace. Who do we replace him with? Because if we do get rid of him we need to bring in somebody who can do better than him and as he has lost 2 GF with us I suppose that the man we bring in will have to be a potential GF winner
to be honest i do agree with you that i am not sure who can replace him, but one thing i am certain is we are not winning premiership under des despite making 2 GFs under him, which was more due to players brilliance rather than his coaching, just like it was players brilliance which almost won us the minor premiership in 2009 under kevin moore, every one knows what a dud coach kevin moore was.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
to be honest i do agree with you that i am not sure who can replace him, but one thing i am certain is we are not winning premiership under des despite making 2 GFs under him, which was more due to players brilliance rather than his coaching, just like it was players brilliance which almost won us the minor premiership in 2009 under kevin moore, every one knows what a dud coach kevin moore was.
I think des needs more credit I don't believe we make two grand finals with this playing roster with any other coach that is available. But I do believe we need to make some player changes e.g Tony Williams. We also need to have a more consistent attack, first week was aggressive running the ball then next week we went back to playing for field possession

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Design could get another coach job in a heartbeat there's a reason for that and its that he is one of the best

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Hasler is such a successful coach, why are we unable to attract good players. Are they scared of the million dollar training set-up? Are they scared of the multiple cameras all around the ground.
Otara_dog...you tell me why they wont come here if its not Hasler.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think des needs more credit I don't believe we make two grand finals with this playing roster with any other coach that is available. But I do believe we need to make some player changes e.g Tony Williams. We also need to have a more consistent attack, first week was aggressive running the ball then next week we went back to playing for field possession
IN LAST 4 YEARS

give me an example of a particular player, Des has improved through his coaching other than Ben Barba??

which of his set plays do you think are most threatening to opposition teams?

which aspect of our defense and attack have impressed yo the most and you found better than any other team except for the combined weight of our forward pack?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Design could get another coach job in a heartbeat there's a reason for that and its that he is one of the best
best in losing grand finals??

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Miss this guy at the club. Brought power, strength and passion! Good 'ol Billy Johnstone.
hqdefault.jpg

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IN LAST 4 YEARS

give me an example of a particular player, Des has improved through his coaching other than Ben Barba??

which of his set plays do you think are most threatening to opposition teams?

which aspect of our defense and attack have impressed yo the most and you found better than any other team except for the combined weight of our forward pack?
James graham has improved his game since coming to nrl. hoppas game has improved this year. he improved Trent Hodkinson and what about Chris Keating as a halfback he managed to get us to a gf under Hasler look where he is now since leaving. And don't give me crap it was all barba. So don't don't tell me he hasn't improved players.

Personally I think we made a mistake we should of kept Hodkinson and got rid of Reynolds have Moses at 5/8. But I also understand why we didn't keep him.

And I could care less about set plays I care more about our forwards dominating the game and not just running half ass to get through sets. We are at our best when our forwards get a roll on e.g manly and Souths

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Hasler is such a successful coach, why are we unable to attract good players. Are they scared of the million dollar training set-up? Are they scared of the multiple cameras all around the ground.
Who are these players you are dreaming of? Please dont tell me JT. When did recruitment become the gauge on how great or successful you are as a coach anyway?

Also what makes him a successful coach is making 5 GFs, winning 2 being cheated out of 1 by the storm, back to back GFs with different teams, 11 straight years of finals footy. That what makes him a successful coach. NO OTHER COACH COACHING has a record like that other than BENNET. NONE!!! Even Bennet couldnt continue his finals run when he went to the knights. I agree with you this should be his last year but to try and say he is overatted is stupid and false.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
By the way "ready made teams" are what Robinson and Madge walked into at souths and the rorters. Even Paul green walked into a ready made team.

Status
Not open for further replies.