Official Burton

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Na it is, I still think he's playmaking is next to non existent, I just think there's a world where his running game is more than good enough if he actually runs.
Last year he actually ran at gaps when players were struggling to get back on side or were out of position. This year it looks like he runs when the team has no idea what to do for that tackle. He should be scoring a decent amount of tries with that step

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The move just feels very forced and a step away from his natural game. Personally I feel he looks more like a 5/8 than Burton and we're sort of just relying on him to develop as halfback because he looks far more skilled as a playmaker. I guess that's how halfbacks are made in today's game though..
The move just feels very forced and a step away from his natural game. Personally I feel he looks more like a 5/8 than Burton and we're sort of just relying on him to develop as halfback because he looks far more skilled as a playmaker. I guess that's how halfbacks are made in today's game though..
Yep Hynes and Hughes are good examples of what you’re saying.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep Hynes and Hughes are good examples of what you’re saying.
Took both of them a fair bit of time to end of us NRL halfbacks. Either way I still think it's all on Burton, the quicker he starts performing the quicker Karl will play. Personally I still rate my Burton to fullback and Karl to 5/8 theory lol.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Took both of them a fair bit of time to end of us NRL halfbacks. Either way I still think it's all on Burton, the quicker he starts performing the quicker Karl will play. Personally I still rate my Burton to fullback and Karl to 5/8 theory lol.
That could work, but it still leaves us short a long term halfback.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone who refers to him as a centre from now on should be banned. He carried us to victory. That's why he's so hyped. He's a special talent. He showed massive balls putting that kick in for Fox and with the blindside run and kick before that but you want players like him to back their instincts.. And that Field Goal was tough..

Hopefully that's the win that sparks our season and gets Burton on a good run of form that we badly need to win games..
Should be more posters like you on here mate. I don’t think you’ve ever had an agenda, you just call it how you see it. Another guy that was a good footy talker was Spoonman, it’s a shame he’s not posting anymore.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Should be more posters like you on here mate. I don’t think you’ve ever had an agenda, you just call it how you see it. Another guy that was a good footy talker was Spoonman, it’s a shame he’s not posting anymore.
Thanks man. There are plenty of others, yourself included. Some would say I have a Burton agenda. Haha. Although I think I always acknowledge when he doesn't play well or the things he still needs to improve on..

Spoonman always gave great insight... I hope all is well with him. It would be good to see him back on here soon..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thanks man. There are plenty of others, yourself included. Some would say I have a Burton agenda. Haha. Although I think I always acknowledge when he doesn't play well or the things he still needs to improve on..

Spoonman always gave great insight... I hope all is well with him. It would be good to see him back on here soon..
Yes you have a Burton boner 8-)

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stood up without Kikau. Now would like to see him continue this form when Kikau gets back.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton is a game winner. He is the kind of player that can pull some shit out and get a team home.

I just wish his goal kicking wasn't so bad, we would have won easily if he nailed his kicks.
Flanagan should be kicking since he was a 90% kicker at Roosters and Cronulla and was one of the reasons I thought why we bought him.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny he missed an easy goal which would have avoided the Gp situation then returns for the gloryshot.

Like when I paid some arab money to intimidate my gf and I just ‘happened’ to show up and save the day just in the Nick of (convenient) time

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gutsy win but we will see how good burtons going over the next 3 weeks we have south’s parra sharks let’s hope where not having this conversation on Friday that he’s overrated again and he’s not a 5/8 which is on the cards

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Had his torps on the back burner this season. Brought them out a couple of times last night and got excellent results. The first one I think the fullback caught 5 out and couldn’t make a meter on the return. Second one wasn’t even attempted to be caught.

Most of the game he was putting end over end kicks to the corner and although a few were towering were caught fairly easily. Easily his best game of the season and funnily enough panthers had a cracker game too. So might have been the World Cup maybe a few niggling injuries had him starting behind the 8 ball.

In terms of goal kicking if flanno is in the team might aswell use him for the conversions. It’s one thing he is the best at compared to any other player (Averillo, Alamoti can also both kick but not to nrl level). Throw him the ball. Let Burton have a breather after we score. When you think about it we expect him to run the ball, set up plays. He does the majority of our general play kicking. He is the captain he takes the kick offs and is our goal kicker too? He is a 67% kicker it seems. So he is 2/3 or 3/5. Flanno will kick at 77% a few seasons he got over 80%. By no means elite but better than whatever else we have in the team.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I still have something else I want to say but if I speak I'll be in big trouble lol. Had to make this thread because I'm sure 15 ***** would be tagging me in random threads :tearsofjoy:
Good on ya for facing reality. Now your close to realising and accepting that averilo is putrid and second only to flopagun for duds

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He needs a good halfback and haze to work on his passing game and then he will be great.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Burton needs a foil, if he has an off game we don't stand a chance.

Try assist for Reed, Burton with one and some big plays from both of them.

Perham I don't expect to be a superstar he is finding his feet.

We need another player to contribute to tries and better kicking.
That would be a halfback. We need one of those.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've been criticising him but he fucking stood up in the second half, please more of this Burton.
I took the kids to the game and I watched it again when I got home... The stuff I saw from him off the ball was when I knew he'd arrived at that game determined to win.

The 1% plays that he looked for, saw and delivered. I've been critical of him looking a little lost when the game was on the line. Not yesterday, he was everywhere. Some of the kicks in the second half, cowboys had no idea where they were going to land and with a better bounce and a better ref (don't start me on that clown's management of the ruck), it wouldn't have been so close. But what a finish! Good for our boys to learn to win games like that.

I was directly beside him in the grandstand when he landed that field goal. It was insane in the crowd when it went over. I saw Maxxy go up first then I looked at Burto and he was going off.