Opinion BBO

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t you think Lewis has done enough last two weeks to warrant starting spot if anyone should go if should be avo done fuck all since that dragons game not to mention his kicking game or lack there of
no mate Lewis is just a fill in for now he is not the future.

he hasn’t warranted a starting spot.
Needs to do more then what he has the past 4 years.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was thinking this too. I would like to see what BBO can do at 7. I’m just not convinced Averillo is the answer in the halves next to Burton
See what works best BBO at 7 Avo at 9? Mix it up and see.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There’s no way BBO is in the halves next year. Either it’s Burton/Avo or Burton/Lewis. Lewis is prob gone I think contractually. Flanagan was a flop signing and he won’t be a long term option.

So I’m gonna bet on Burton/Averillo next season.

Fullback I honestly don’t know what’s gonna happen there.
Don't we have Dufty at FB?

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He always provides a spark. He seems to time his runs really well and hasn't seemed overawed for such a young and inexperienced kid.

It's baffling that Baz kept him off for so long the last two weeks when he's changed the game every time he's on the field. He could definitely be the hooker we've needed moving forward.
Barrett is easing him into first grade.give him a taste here and there.and he has handled it well.you don’t want to throw a young bloke in a struggling team and put too much pressure on him.it’s a big step up from lower grades. This taste of first grade he is getting at the moment will prepare him for next year

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kid is a gun. Having Gus here now gives me the opinion that he won't let Barrett take the conservative option in a dead rubber season by playing Katoa or JMK starting. I think JMK offers us really good value in the 14 role and will fight that position out with Topine next year. Need to invest more minutes into BBO and once we get Vaughan and TPJ, that'll give us a platform to make the 8.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like BBO at 9, but if he ends up at halfback, it could look something like this:

1. Dufty
6. Burton
7. Averillo
9. JMK
14. BBO

1. Averillo
6. Burton
7. BBO
9. B.Smith
14. JMK

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Barrett is easing him into first grade.give him a taste here and there.and he has handled it well.you don’t want to throw a young bloke in a struggling team and put too much pressure on him.it’s a big step up from lower grades. This taste of first grade he is getting at the moment will prepare him for next year
I'm not saying to run him into the ground and play him 80 minutes. But he should have been brought back on when it was 18 all and not when we were down 28-18.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That try he set up it was cook like lose this kid like we lost cook we are truly fucked

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see BBO have the run on spot with massive minutes to see if we have our long term hooker. The kid has got something and we need to see what it is before we sign something. It might save us 800k or something. Thoughts?
Agrre 100%. Wakeham is a dud compared to this bloke. BBO is a keeper.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We wont lose BBO.
The current Admin seem to actually have some heart for the Dogs and want to see success.
The complete opposite of previous Admins.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We need to resign him quickly....ffs Barrett give him a go in the number 7 and .leave Averillo at 6...he could well be our long term halfback....what do u think Assassin.? This kid really seems to be a great prospect...put him in at7 until the rest of the year
I'm with you 100%.

Win, lose or draw I want

6. Avo
7. BBO

for the rest of the year. Maybe some game time @ 9 as well to see how our spine lines up next year.

1. Avo
6. Burton
7. BBO
9. Hooker

Or

1. FB
6. Avo
7. Burton
9. BBO

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Really like the look of BBO. In the limited game time he has had so far he has really shown huge potential

Importantly his defence in the middle has looked strong. Even though small in stature he looks solid as and is all muscle

He is looking great at number 9 but if he is primarily a halfback, can't wait to see him there.

Hopefully he gets plenty more game time this year and with another off season under his belt can be a permanent fixture in our 17 next year

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no mate Lewis is just a fill in for now he is not the future.

he hasn’t warranted a starting spot.
Needs to do more then what he has the past 4 years.
Agree with you about the future as he more than likely will be our 6 next year and needs the experience and game time but im talking about Lewis form of late since he’s been recalled has been definitely the better of the two

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With a few matches and an off-season under his belt, BBO can cover all spine positions bro.
While I do agree with you, we need to start playing players in their natural positions. We've been trying to manufacture hooker's for too long

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Naden a depth signing surely. I’d think Allen, Averillo and Schoup would all be ahead of him wouldn’t they?
Yeah this is what concerns me if we telegraph that we seem him as a 9 and he wants to play 7 it will make it harder to negotiate keeping him. But the critical spine positions going forward really only 1 half has been decided and that is Burton. All other spine positions are up in the air. Sure Dufty will have first crack at FB next year but lets not forget we have only signed him for 1 season. Would like to see him as the 14 for the remainder of the year and filling in with the halves or at DH depending on need.

I hope the utility position will be sold to him like Nicho at Melbourne. But it probably does mean we will only resign him for another 1-2 seasons before he will either push for starting halves or accept starting Hooker or move onto another club where he will have that opportunity.