Opinion BBO

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There’s no way BBO is in the halves next year. Either it’s Burton/Avo or Burton/Lewis. Lewis is prob gone I think contractually. Flanagan was a flop signing and he won’t be a long term option.

So I’m gonna bet on Burton/Averillo next season.

Fullback I honestly don’t know what’s gonna happen there.
Umm good chance that would be Dufty playing fullback….

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read somewhere he’s related to Barba? Is that right??

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t want to see Katoa in the side. JMK and BBO would be a nice combo for the year. Apparently he arrived on a two year deal last season from the Eels. He needs to be in the top 30.

He is out of contract at season's end so we'd better hurry up & sign him

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bailey is one of the few halfbacks around today that has come through his whole junior career playing both sides of the ruck, having a half with that skill unlocks the ability to attack from anywhere on the field rather than soaking up tackles working to a point on the field to attack from,which is exactly what Penrith and Melbourne do Craig is just smarter than Ivan and gets his fullbacks to play like halves in attack. You are right too much of Penriths attack is reliant on Cleary being on the field but that is by design Daddy is making sure his boy is the most important player at the club.But both club’s still rely on the half to run the show BBO is that player for us for mine.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not totally against this but after throwing Jake in the deep end this season Baz sort of has to back him in the halves to start the year otherwise it was just a total waste of time shifting him to 7 lol.
Only shifted him to 7 when he realised how dog shit Flanagan was

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking this too. I would like to see what BBO can do at 7. I’m just not convinced Averillo is the answer in the halves next to Burton
Averillo is not a half-back. But what can Barrett do when we do not have a genuine half. Unless Barrett shifts Averillo to Fullback or Centre and gives BBO at half and see what he can do.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Averillo is not a half-back. But what can Barrett do when we do not have a genuine half. Unless Barrett shifts Averillo to Fullback or Centre and gives BBO at half and see what he can do.
Next year
1. Dufty
2. Cotric
3. Averillo or Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Addo-Carr
6. Burton
7. BBO
9. JMK

I can't see Allan making the starting side next year.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now with two games under his belt, he has shown much more promise than either JMK or Katao. Not only his speed, his pass selection was spot on, not afraid to shot a long pass out directly to our halves. His service is the quickest this year. He also was moving either side of the ruck, bringing the forwards with. The energy levels surged each time he was on the field. His defence was a little fragile, but he has mainly played HB in the lower grades. ( could play both positions) With the season shot, it is time to give some of our potential players more game time & experience

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see BBO have the run on spot with massive minutes to see if we have our long term hooker. The kid has got something and we need to see what it is before we sign something. It might save us 800k or something. Thoughts?
Yes he definitely needs much much more game time. Bring on Deitz off the reserve bench to give him a rest. Then we have threats from dummy half ALL game. Really looking forward to the day when I never see Katoa again. Great 40/20 but that's it.

I think BBO needs to go to halfback though. Averillo just doesn't do enough. Deitz to start at hooker and JMK backup.

Would be great if Averillo could prove a decent half. If we had BBO, Deitz and JMK performing well at hooker we could save money on B.Smith and then sign TPJ and Vaughan for 2022 then a decent backrower like Kikau or Crichton for 2023.

Last edited:

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As great as he has looks at 9, I don’t want to see him overlooked as our potential 7 considering his talent and ability - especially considering he’s not playing his preferred position as well as the lack of quality 7’s league wide

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was thinking this too. I would like to see what BBO can do at 7. I’m just not convinced Averillo is the answer in the halves next to Burton
I'm pretty sure Avo is NOT the answer so yes I think Bailey should have a crack it's not like we are trying to protect a ladder position ffs.Alternate with Lewis or Avo half a game each depending on the game situation.
Also agree with the consensus give him less minutes at this stage of his development at least for the first couple of games, if he kills it then incrementally increase his game time.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get used to him... He is a gun.
We need to resign him quickly....ffs Barrett give him a go in the number 7 and .leave Averillo at 6...he could well be our long term halfback....what do u think Assassin.? This kid really seems to be a great prospect...put him in at7 until the rest of the year

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next year
1. Dufty
2. Cotric
3. Averillo or Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Addo-Carr
6. Burton
7. BBO
9. JMK

I can't see Allan making the starting side next year.
Like it, except no Averillo or Schoupp. Both are shit defenders. Maybe Allan. But who knows.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We don't have time to wait and see. Even if BBO is amazing until the end of the year we need to sign a quality hooker for next year or the year after (23) come November. We've been F'd at hooker for far too long (people were saying the same thing regarding Deitz). I really like BBO tho and I think he has a future in the 7 jersey (at least very good competition there).
I disagree. I think he would make a good 9. As I said in another post a week or two ago, he reminds me alot of Craig Polla-Mounter. Polly was a good 7 and later in his career a good 9.