Opinion BBO

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I would like to see BBO have the run on spot with massive minutes to see if we have our long term hooker. The kid has got something and we need to see what it is before we sign something. It might save us 800k or something. Thoughts?

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Bloody oaths... he is a gun In the mould of that Manly Hooker who got arrested for attempted murder (can't remember his name lol).

We conceded all our points except that last try when Katao was on and scored all but one try when he (BBO) was on.

Think about that

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We don't have time to wait and see. Even if BBO is amazing until the end of the year we need to sign a quality hooker for next year or the year after (23) come November. We've been F'd at hooker for far too long (people were saying the same thing regarding Deitz). I really like BBO tho and I think he has a future in the 7 jersey (at least very good competition there).

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought he was outstanding tonight. Adds some real zip around the ruck and isn’t afraid to run it. I said in the game day thread, moving forward I’d be happy with him and JMK sharing the hooking role.

Thrown in the deep end this year probably a bit earlier then expected. But he’s really grabbed his opportunity. Killing it. What’s his contract status?

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes u are right but I don’t think he can be a 80 minute hooker let alone a 60 minute hooker he would be good with burton next year burton had a really good kicking game today and running, I feel like he needs to have the ball in his hands a lot, may was the main half today and burton had some really good touches and kicking game if he can get his passing on spot that would be amazing, and bbo can be the main half, he was really good today at the hooker and can be good off the bench next year to give us a spark, with avo and burton in the halves next year, but I think this up coming games see where he really fits in if I was baz I would put him the halves for half the games up coming and the hooker the other half, we need to think abt 22 now, and getting good fowards

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He always provides a spark. He seems to time his runs really well and hasn't seemed overawed for such a young and inexperienced kid.

It's baffling that Baz kept him off for so long the last two weeks when he's changed the game every time he's on the field. He could definitely be the hooker we've needed moving forward.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He will get more game time. But the club is using the end of this season to get a look at youngsters and combos for next season, and as a last chance for a few players to get a depth contract. There is no need to throw him too far in the deep end at this stage. His involvements so far have been great and confidence building, let's not expose him too much to a the poor qualities of a team that will change fundamentally during the off season.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We don't have time to wait and see. Even if BBO is amazing until the end of the year we need to sign a quality hooker for next year or the year after (23) come November. We've been F'd at hooker for far too long (people were saying the same thing regarding Deitz). I really like BBO tho and I think he has a future in the 7 jersey (at least very good competition there).
Well we know what JMK has so I would give BBO the keys for the rest of the season. Not as if Cheese is going to do anything quick. That fuk prefers to fuk around acting clever. No-one else out there so what would it hurt?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see him have a crack at 7.. averillo is a running 6 not an organising 7.. BBO has vision speed and silky smooth passes..

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought he was outstanding tonight. Adds some real zip around the ruck and isn’t afraid to run it. I said in the game day thread, moving forward I’d be happy with him and JMK sharing the hooking role.

Thrown in the deep end this year probably a bit earlier then expected. But he’s really grabbed his opportunity. Killing it. What’s his contract status?
I don’t want to see Katoa in the side. JMK and BBO would be a nice combo for the year. Apparently he arrived on a two year deal last season from the Eels. He needs to be in the top 30.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely Gould saw what we all saw in him today... surely has to be in our 18 from 2022

But Baz being Baz, With JMK back next week we probably won't see him again this year.

He always provides a spark. He seems to time his runs really well and hasn't seemed overawed for such a young and inexperienced kid.

It's baffling that Baz kept him off for so long the last two weeks when he's changed the game every time he's on the field. He could definitely be the hooker we've needed moving forward.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Surely Gould saw what we all saw in him today... surely has to be in our 18 from 2022

But Baz being Baz, With JMK back next week we probably won't see him again this year.
It honestly wouldn't surprise me. Surely Baz finds a spot for him somewhere. If he's not at hooker, he should start for Lewis or Averillo in the halves. I think hooker could be his best spot though. His speed out of dummy half opens things up for the rest of the team.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well we know what JMK has so I would give BBO the keys for the rest of the season. Not as if Cheese is going to do anything quick. That fuk prefers to fuk around acting clever. No-one else out there so what would it hurt?
There are a few quality hookers off contract for 23 and we need to sign one of them. Smith is who we need for next year (yes no one else for next year), otherwise the year after. We'll know by November anyways and if it isn't Smith it needs to be one of the others (signed in November/before start of the season for 23). I don't care if we have to pay overs, we just have to get it done. No excuses anymore.