Official Andrew Davey opens up on life under Ciraldo

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Amazing how the kennel gets annoyed that players don’t give their real opinion and the second one does…..
Way too many morons on thekennel. Not enough high IQ but real G’s like you and I

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The timing of Davey giving his thoughts is the issue. He is either very naive or a fkn bitch for talking to the media about his thoughts on Ciros coaching this week. He had months to make a comment.
That is true. Very good point. Probably sucked into it by Buzz

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This actually highlights the fact that CC is doing his job well, he identified quickly that Preston was the keeper and moved this muppet on.
Strange take.
Davey asked to be released.
CC bought him
And he’s not in direct competitor with Preston. Every team has 3 back rowers in the 17

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Strange take.
Davey asked to be released.
CC bought him
And he’s not in direct competitor with Preston. Every team has 3 back rowers in the 17
And that’s pretty much the response I expected from you.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This actually highlights the fact that CC is doing his job well, he identified quickly that Preston was the keeper and moved this muppet on.
As much as it looks like a shitshow, having many players in and out the door before they can catch their breath, it’s actually better for us because we’re closer to finding the right people. I believe the fans’ attitudes of wanting a quick improvement has provoked this mindset.

Critics say it‘s shit recruiting, but that’s bs. You don’t know for sure how good a player is, and can be, until you get them in the club and training and playing. Simple as that. Anyone saying differently is an idiot. We signed Davey who was only ever a fringe/bench first grader. Same with Pele, although iirc he made his NRL debut for us. Both didn’t work out and I’m glad the club made a fairly quick analysis of them. Same with TPJ. He probably git tapped or realised he couldn’t handle another year under Ciro. Fine, we get $8 or 900k to spend.

Edit: Forgot to say that with Preston, a player probably none of us knew of, they hit the jackpot relatively speaking, but do the clowns mention that ever?! He was a very good find. Wilson has looked more and more promising too, just his hands are a bit of a worry. There’s other positives like many of the Flegg and younger guys. Skelton too.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha Andrew Davey's Wikipedia page. Who's your daddy? [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]View attachment 81042
As funny as that is, I really don’t like the pile on Davey is copping. Yes he said some things that perpetuate this toxic culture story, but what he actually said wasn’t that bad, and he doesn’t deserve to be brigaded. We need to think about his mental health as much as anyone else. I even felt Bupa went a bit too passionately, but I won’t be too critical since he has inside knowledge. I just think it wouldn’t be fun getting ridiculed by someone on national radio. Some will say he deserves it. I don’t reckon. In this social media age, a rant like Bupa made can turn into a lot of hate directed towards someone.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As funny as that is, I really don’t like the pile on Davey is copping. Yes he said some things that perpetuate this toxic culture story, but what he actually said wasn’t that bad, and he doesn’t deserve to be brigaded. We need to think about his mental health as much as anyone else. I even felt Bupa went a bit too passionately, but I won’t be too critical since he has inside knowledge. I just think it wouldn’t be fun getting ridiculed by someone on national radio. Some will say he deserves it. I don’t reckon. In this social media age, a rant like Bupa made can turn into a lot of hate directed towards someone.
It was what he didn’t say that buried him, he didn’t outline one incident that would indicate that the training regime at the dogs was over the top, purely because there weren’t any. He just couldn’t compete with a 21 year old Jacob Preston and that is somehow CC’s and the clubs fault. What Jamma said and how he said it was as good as it gets for mine.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Way too many morons on thekennel. Not enough high IQ but real G’s like you and I
For some weird reason Davey has managed to unite the Kennel as one. Less a sparse few doubters it seems Ciraldo and Gould have managed to blow pre season expectations out of the park.

It's like poor coaching, poor tackling, poor selection criteria has equaled a break out year for the club and success is all but guaranteed.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All of this doesn’t change the fact that Ciraldo is out of his depth as head coach. It really is a flip of the coin as to whether he will improve next year. Everyone is distracted by Davey and others. Ciraldo has had zero traction with this squad and has failed to develop any sort of winning, tough or resilient culture. I want him to do well, I think deep down everyone does, but these are the facts.