Official Andrew Davey opens up on life under Ciraldo

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd rather not break our players. We started the season well and then everything turned to shit about 2 months in when the bulk of the squad was busted.
Like I said multiple times it will take time to adapt to the new training schedule. A schedule similar to what Penrith and the top teams are accustomed too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Like I said multiple times it will take time to adapt to the new training schedule. A schedule similar to what Penrith and the top teams are accustomed too.
Kikau was straight out of Penrith and picked up multiple training injuries.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Kikau was straight out of Penrith and picked up multiple training injuries.
So what ? Anytime someone gets a training injury we put it down to your logic that they are training too hard? … let’s not try and train hard like successful teams do or complete wrestling sessions like the 2 time premiers do because we might get an injury even though we play a tough contact sport every week. Best we stay in mediocre conditioning and bottom 4 standard.. right got it..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So what ? Anytime someone gets a training injury we put it down to your logic that they are training too hard? … let’s not try and train hard like successful teams do or complete wrestling sessions like the 2 time premiers do because we might get an injury even though we play a tough contact sport every week. Best we stay in mediocre conditioning and bottom 4 standard.. right got it..
I don't buy the training too hard argument. I just think there's something going wrong at training and I said this well before the news broke. The amount of injuries we had was not normal.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't buy the training too hard argument. I just think there's something going wrong at training and I said this well before the news broke. The amount of injuries we had was not normal.
Probably the vaccine

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only way to get injured as an athlete is fatigue.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Sure we're a hell of a lot of training injuries a quick count:
Preseason
1. TPJ calf out for 6 weeks
2. Patolo knee brushing missed first 6 weeks
3. Sam Hughes hamstring? Missed fist 6 weeks
4. Thompson lis-frank missed 18 weeks

Regular season
5. Davey at least one HIa from training
6. Kikau Hia 2 weeks
7. Kikau pec missed about 16 weeks
8 Reynolds had multiple hamstring issues
After Kiks peck things calmed down a bit
9. Burns hamstring missed last game.

Could be more but no matter what anyone says that is a lot of injuries from training/preseason not from a game.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well if there is something going wrong it wouldn’t be wrestling/conditioning aspect because that’s similar to what Penrith have been doing for a few years. Anything else I guess we’ll find out at season review because coaching staff will be accountable too not just players.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
which NRL players medically retired from concussion weren't reported on ?
which NRL players medically retired from concussion weren't reported on ?
Not what I was saying. Not even close.

The fact that a fringe first grader is getting medically retired is not newsworthy at THIS point in the year.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sure we're a hell of a lot of training injuries a quick count:
Preseason
1. TPJ calf out for 6 weeks
2. Patolo knee brushing missed first 6 weeks
3. Sam Hughes hamstring? Missed fist 6 weeks
4. Thompson lis-frank missed 18 weeks

Regular season
5. Davey at least one HIa from training
6. Kikau Hia 2 weeks
7. Kikau pec missed about 16 weeks
8 Reynolds had multiple hamstring issues
After Kiks peck things calmed down a bit
9. Burns hamstring missed last game.

Could be more but no matter what anyone says that is a lot of injuries from training/preseason not from a game.
Come on mate… Thompson has had injuries on and off from the get go.. Reynolds last few years were plagued with injury and I think Burns has struggled with injuries for a while too.

Davey is highly unlikely to be looking at retirement after 1 HIA at bulldogs training. It’s more possible that he’s had other HIAs in his career as well.

Last edited: