Search results

1. Pa-28

Dale Finucane could be squeezed from the Bulldogs

I wouldn't be writing Pritchard off just yet. He was injured for a large portion of last season and was rushed back because we were on a slide and almost missed the 8.
  2. Pa-28

Dale Finucane could be squeezed from the Bulldogs

Finucane is a working forward who will run straight and tackle hard all game. Kasiano is an impact forward who has the potential to offload, create linebreaks and score tries. Both have completely different roles in our team and to be honest the role of working 80 minute forwards is becoming...
  3. Pa-28

The 2015 pack

8. Tolman 9. Lichaa 10. Graham (c) 11. Pritchard 12. Jackson 13. Eastwood 14. Williams 15. Klemmer 16. Kasiano 17. Browne Hold teams for the first 20 mins, then bring on Kas, Klemmer and T-rex and I can't really see too many other forward packs matching it with us.
  4. Pa-28

Who will be our 2015 Fullback?

It hinges on Loko being fit which is unlikely. But Souths showed it can be done this year by dropping Merritt for a bigger, taller, quicker rookie in Alex Johnston.
  5. Pa-28

We potentially will have the biggest team in the NRL next year. 1. Brett Morris - 95kg 2. Curtis Rona - 105kg 3. Josh Morris - 94kg 4. Tim Lafai - 98kg 5. Jacob Loko - 107kg 6. Josh Reynolds - 90kg 7. Trent Hodkinson - 86kg 8. Aiden Tolman - 104kg 9. Michael Lichaa - 93kg 10. James...
  6. Pa-28

Krisnan Inu

Sometimes when your winning things get covered up. Scoring points is still a big issue for us and with Inu in the side I think we are more of a threat out wide.
  7. Pa-28

Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

Koroibete and Nofoaluma are two very talented backs that aren't getting much of a look in at the Tigers. Wouldn't mind them.
  8. Pa-28

Need class wingers

We should go to Fiji and recruit the biggest, tallest and fastest bloke we can find. Seriously, Uate, Kevin Naiqama, Eto Nabuli, Semi Radradra, the modern day wingers are these guys, tall, althetic and fast. And the best thing is they will come out here and play for peanuts.
  9. Pa-28

David klemmer

Klemmer has the motor to be an 80 minute prop one day. He didn't have a full pre season and his knee is still heavily strapped. He will get more minutes, but now is not the right time to push him otherwise he will break down like he did last year. Des knows what he is doing.
  10. Pa-28

Kasiano and nsw cup

I'd have Tim Browne over Jackson tbh. Kasiano over both if fit.
  11. Pa-28

James Graham signs with Dogs till 2018

+1 There really is not much difference between a prop and a lock these days. Even though I think Fifita and Graham could play 80 minutes at prop / lock every week, work load wise they would have nothing left by the time the business end of the season comes.
  12. Pa-28

James Roberts

Ben Czislowski. There was not one highlight of his career.
  13. Pa-28

Michael Lichaa to the Dogs

Hodkinson to as far away from Belmore as possible.
  14. Pa-28

Hiku to Belmore.

We should throw everything we have and the kitchen sink at Reece Robinson. You wouldn't think given his form at fullback last year that he would be happy playing on the wing at Canberra behind Milford.
  15. Pa-28

[OFFICIAL] Andrew Fifita signed

8. Fifita 9. Ennis 10. Tolman 11. Pritchard 12. Williams 13. Eastwood 14. Kasiano 15. Klemmer 16. Graham 17. Finucane That would be by far the best forward pack in the competition... Shame that we have the worst back line in the competition to go with it.
  16. Pa-28

Sam Kasiano blow leaves Bulldogs banking on depth for NRL opening rounds

We didn't lose a forward. We just lost our halfback!
  17. Pa-28

Bulldogs hope to unearth new DCE

Agree. After watching him and Barba come through the 20's there is a massive gap in ability. And to think not even Barba was up to week in week out first grade after 20's Tempo still has a long way to go. Like any young kid, he has to get used to playing against men and prove him self in NSW...
  18. Pa-28

2014 Team

We are paying Klemmer 333k a season for the next three years. I'd be very surprised if he won't be a regular in the top 17.
  19. Pa-28

Have heard that Morris will be our fullback (which going off what we saw at the back end of last year is believable). Apparently we made a massive play to get Idris back but the Panthers beat us to it.
  20. Pa-28

Trent Hodkinson - 2013 Discussion Thread

He lacks speed, a step, ability to break a tackle and kicking game! The only thing he has going for him is defence.
  21. Pa-28

Having watched Barba and Templeman come through 20's it's like comparing chalk and cheese. Templeman has a long way to go before he is a first grade fullback.
  22. Pa-28

Im confused now.... What will be our backline?

1. Hoffman 2. Inu 3. Morris 4. Lafai 5. Perrett Even with Hoffman, it's an average looking back line if you ask me and is a long way behind teams like the Roosters, Souths or Manly.
  23. Pa-28

Tim Browne RE-Signed

Great news I really thought he was going to go. Would be a starting prop at just about every other NRL club.
  24. Pa-28

Who played with heart today?

Correct me if i'm wrong but I honestly think we looked more structured with Keating at halfback. He took us to a grand final last year, a hell of a lot more then what Hodkinson has done for us.
  25. Pa-28

My team vs the Knights

As much as we all don't want to see it happen I think it was pretty clear last week when Barba came on Lafai went to the bench that Lafai will be dropped. Des might name Barba on the bench again to to mess with everyone's mind but unfortunately I see Lafai the one getting the punt.
  26. Pa-28

Bulldogs give Indian student a chance to win $1 million with one kick at goal!

Probably got more of a chance of kicking it then Hodko at the moment!
  27. Pa-28

Fergo: Yes or No?

He will get his shit sorted out one day. He just has to get through his early 20's. Mason, Carney etc.. were all like it and most of them settle down to an extent. He is the only player in the game that I look at and think yeah this guy has the 'potential' to be another Inglis. Interesting...
  28. Pa-28

Finucane V Eastwood

Eastwood is on a different level then Finucane in attack. He hits the line harder, can go through, offload etc... Dale doesn't have that impact in his game (never has even in 20's). Beast has always been best coming off the bench imo. We have to balance it out. I'm a strong believer that your...
  29. Pa-28

J-Moz #1

Just needs to work on his endurance as its completely different type of fitness required by a centre compared to a fullback and his positioning in defence / bombs. But remember when Barba first came into grade? He had to improve all those things too. Good thing for us is that they can all be...
  30. Pa-28

Patrick Templeman will save the Bulldogs

That's it. Really all we can do is stick him in NSW cup and see how he goes. It's the closest thing we have to first grade at the moment. Has anyone been down to NSW cup lately and seen how John Sila has been going? Noticed he scored 2 tries last night. He is still leading try scorer in the...
  31. Pa-28

Patrick Templeman will save the Bulldogs

You sure? I've seen him in real life the bloke is a twig and would get punished at first grade at his current weight. He will need a minimum 1 to 2 years in NSW cup to see if he will cut it which doesn't solve our problem. Massey looked good in 20's and we all know how shit he was in first grade...
  32. Pa-28

Tony Williams - 2013 Discussion Thread

They do? Their pack is one of the weakest if you ask me. The only thing stopping them from being down their with Parra on the ladder is Dugan and B.Morris.
  33. Pa-28

As stupid as it sounds I'm actually thinking that too. Was it Hasler's plan all along to make us run one out and not even attempt to use our ball playing forwards for the first half of the season?
  34. Pa-28

3-2-1 Dogs vs St George Rnd 21

Don't think Sam needs to lose any weight at all, that's what makes him so damaging. Not too many blokes at his size have his skills. What he has to improve is his handling and knowing when to offload. This will hopefully come with experience! But if he drops 10kg he will be no where near as...
  35. Pa-28

Your team vs the Titans?

01. Josh Morris 02. Mitch Brown 03. Tim Lafai 04. Krisnan Inu 05. Sam Perrett 06. Josh Reynolds 07. Trent Hodkinson 08. Aiden Tolman 09. Michael Ennis 10. James Graham 11. Frank Pritchard 12. Josh Jackson 13. Greg Eastwood 14. Dale Finucane 15. Tony Williams 16. Sam Kasiano 17. Tim Browne...
  36. Pa-28

Your team vs the Dragons?

More space, more time, more ball. Would be good to see. Every team is more dangerous with their best attacking player at fullback. Look at Souths with Inglis, the Broncos look 10x more dangerous with Hodges at the back etc... sometimes good players are wasted in the centers.
  37. Pa-28

Your team vs the Dragons?

Since Halatau's leaving and only gets 10m a game I would like to see Tim Browne get a fair crack at first grade. 14. Tony Williams 15. Dale Finucane 16. Sam Kasiano 17. Tim Browne That bench has size and impact written all over it!
  38. Pa-28

Mitch Brown

Wait a couple of years for John Sila. He will be something special. He is still on top of the NYC try scorers list and he has played half the year in NSW cup!
  39. Pa-28

Timoteo Lafai - 2013 Discussion Thread

The problem is that Morris and Lafai are both left centers, they can both play on the right side but are no where near as effective.
  40. Pa-28

Josh Reynolds confirmed playing on Sunday

Jorge Taufua > James McManus
  41. Pa-28

Krisnan Inu~~

He's going to have a hard time looking for things to put in Hodkinson's highlights video!
  42. Pa-28

Team des should pick with all players available

Tim Browne needs to get more game time. Have been saying it all year. He has the size and ability to be one of the most damaging forwards in the game, he just needs a chance and if we don't give it to him another club will. He is way to talented to be playing NSW cup.
  43. Pa-28

Reni Maitua eyes bulldogs return *offical Reni with Dogs*

You could put cronk in Parras current side and even he would look crap. Put him in a good side and it would be interesting to see how he goes. The ability has always been there with Reni.
  44. Pa-28

Mark O'Meley retiring after 2013

Gotta love Mason in that video. "Yeah fk him" haha
  45. Pa-28

Dogs want payback on rooster

100% agree. That is one of the only things distinguishing the Roosters from being as good as Souths and Melbourne I think, mini is just not on the same level these days. They would be a lot more dangerous with Sheck at the back.
  46. Pa-28

Josh Dugan and Aaron Woods earn NSW Blues call-ups for State of Origin II

I rate Tolman, great player but he is not suited to origin or the way the NRL is structured these days. With the amount of interchanges unfortunately a front rower who plays 15 - 20 minutes at high intensity with impact (especially in origin) is more valuable then a prop who can go 80 - unless...
  47. Pa-28

Israel Folau | Rumour Thread

In a couple of years time: 1. Barba 2. Inu 3. Morris 4. Folau 5. Sila 6. Reynolds 7. Someone else hopefully 8. Tolman 9. Ennis 10. Kasiano 11. Pritchard 12. Williams 13. Eastwood 14. Graham 15. Jackson 16. Klemmer 17. Finucane
  48. Pa-28

Players to shed end of this season

No way would I let go of Tim Browne. Got a lot of ability, there are not too many props running around in the NRL with his size and skill. Just needs more of a chance.
  49. Pa-28

What was wrong with Ben tonite?

Late to the pub?
  50. Pa-28

Trent Hodkinson - 2013 Discussion Thread

Yep our halfback's Kasiano and Graham played well tonight. Hodkinson did a great job passing them the ball and letting them control the attack.
  51. Pa-28

Bryson Goodwin - 2012 Discussion Thread

The only problem with that is Morris is also half as effective on the right then he is on the left! Tbh it doesn't matter with the way we have been playing the last few weeks no outside backs are getting decent ball.
  52. Pa-28

Nsw team

Doesn't matter what his form is like. I absolutely hate him, but he is a talented player who always goes up another level in origin.
  53. Pa-28

Nsw team

1. Brett Stewart 2. Jarryd Hayne 3. Michael Jennings 4. Josh Morris 5. Brett Morris 6. James Maloney 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Paul Gallen 9. Robbie Farah 10. James Tamou 11. Glenn Stewart 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Trent Merrin 14. Greg Bird 15. Anthony Watmough 16. Luke Lewis 17. Tim Grant
  54. Pa-28

Consolidated Halfback Discussion Thread

With the Rabbitohs resigning Sutton, Reynolds and Keary can't both be in first grade. Some of the Rabbitohs fans even want to get rid of Reynolds for Cleary that's how good they think he is. I'll take whoever they don't want.
  55. Pa-28

Consolidated Halfback Discussion Thread

Gareth Widdop is off contract. Comes from a winning culture.
  56. Pa-28

Breaking news: Hodko to play

So frustrated that we are paying him 350k a year. What were you thinking Kevin Moore.
  57. Pa-28

First bring back keating thread.

Finally everyone is realizing! Trent has no kicking game, could not break out of a plastic bag, has no speed, and hides in attack and leaves whoever to take the last tackle options. We are wasting 350k a year on him, he is an ordinary player who possesses not one skill set to be a first grade...
  58. Pa-28

MEGA DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 6 | Bulldogs v Roosters

Keating's kicking game shits all over Hodkinson's.
  59. Pa-28

What a load of rubbish. The forwards know what they have to do and where they have to be, that is Des's job to tell them not our halfbacks. They have not been delivering the first 5 weeks and that has nothing to do with whoever has been playing halfback.
  60. Pa-28

+1. Gets a lot of man jizz on here for some reason though. Must be because he has tats.
  61. Pa-28

Whenever your ready feel free to start doing this again Tony, Thanks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M69UKv1VAoE
  62. Pa-28

Tim Browne - 2013 Discussion Thread

Played for Manly in the 20's
  63. Pa-28

Dogs vs Sea Eagles - Match Discussion Thread

One thing I'm not sure of, why the hell was Pritchard used as an interchange with 2 minutes before half time. What is the point of playing a guy for 2 minutes? Waste of an interchange.
  64. Pa-28

Tim Browne - 2013 Discussion Thread

Gives 110% every time he is out there. Is a massive human, runs hard and has good go forward. Just need to get more minutes out of him.
  65. Pa-28

Pritchard in fight to stay at Canterbury

Out of all the youngsters coming through the one I could tolerate losing is Finucane. He's asking price will be too high for his next contract, and he is just your average working back rower. Runs hard and tackles well but skill wise he will never be as good as Jackson, Klemmer or Kasiano.
  66. Pa-28

Consolidated Inu Suspension / Goal Kicker thread.

Lafai has kicked before in NSW cup if he comes into the centers. If not Barba kicked a fair bit in 20's or Ennis.
  67. Pa-28

Your Team vs Sea Eagles

Yep you are right. If you actually look back at Perrett's form since joining the club I have been far from impressed. He makes a lot of mistakes, his hands are like feet and multiple bad defensive reads that have lead to tries. He is a favoured one on this forum, but I'm not sold on him yet.
  68. Pa-28

Kris Keating Discussion Thread 2013

+1. Some souths fans are actually calling him to replace Reynolds by the end of the year, it won't happen obviously, but just shows how highly he is regarded over there.
  69. Pa-28

Kris Keating Discussion Thread 2013

lol everyone thinks Hodkinson is good again
  70. Pa-28

Nathan Gardner to the Bulldogs?

Corey Payne was on 200k a year? Hodkinson on 350 or something. lol Kevin Moore.
  71. Pa-28

The Hicksta

Breaking news: Hodkinson and Keating played together as juniors.
  72. Pa-28

Nathan Massey

He will never be near Dugan & Reece Robinson so the Raiders released him.
  73. Pa-28

Nathan Gardner to the Bulldogs?

Not a good sign with the whole Barba thing then. We won't win a comp with Turner at 1 so it's worth a shot I guess. Would personally still like to see Morris at 1. but doesn't look like that is going to happen.
  74. Pa-28

The Hicksta

he played for them all last year lol
  75. Pa-28

Replacement!!

All the good teams in the NRL have there best attacking player at fullback: Souths, Cowboys, Storm, Sea Eagles, Raiders, us etc... Everyone is even calling for Hodges to be moved to fullback at the Broncos. Perrett is not our best attacking player, Morris is hands down.
  76. Pa-28

Do you think current or ex players post on this forum

Gary Warburton for sure. Was a fan favorite on here.
  77. Pa-28

Replacement!!

I thought that too. He isn't as quick as Barba off the mark but would get him easy over 100m I reckon.
  78. Pa-28

Replacement!!

Here is a 3 minute video of him catching bombs what more do you want lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgyi7Mcc_Io
  79. Pa-28

Replacement!!

Fullback is the most important attacking player in everybody's team these days. If you don't have your best attacking player at number 1 then you are at a massive disadvantage. It has to be between Inu or Morris. My vote is Morris, he has been there and done it before at fullback in the NRL, he...
  80. Pa-28

Hasler aims Klemmer bomb

Kasiano, Pritchard & Graham are all supposed to be out in round 1. So there is no real battle going on, both Klemmer and Browne have to be there if i'm counting everyone right. 1 Ben Barba 2 Steve Turner 3 Josh Morris 4 Krisnan Inu 5 Sam Perrett 6 Josh Reynolds 7 Kris Keating 8 Aiden Tolman 9...
  81. Pa-28

Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Don't think we would be under the cap either but we can always dream! Lafai is a solid centre, massively overhyped on here, will never be anywhere near an Inu, Morris or Folau standard though.
  82. Pa-28

Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

1 Ben Barba 2 Krisnan Inu 3 Josh Morris 4 Israel Folau 5 Sam Perrett 6 Josh Reynolds 7 Johnathan Thurston :D
  83. Pa-28

Team list for Trial Vs Raiders

Looks like the Round 1 team provided no more injuries will be: 1 Ben Barba 2 Steve Turner 3 Josh Morris 4 Krisnan Inu 5 Sam Perrett 6 Josh Reynolds 7 Kris Keating 8 Aiden Tolman 9 Mick Ennis 10 Martin Taupau 11 Tony Williams 12 Josh Jackson 13 Greg Eastwood 14 Dene Halatau 15 Dale Finucane 16...
  84. Pa-28

BEN Barba only needs 12 good performances and his name will be stitched on a Maroons

Whoever, if they managed to play Cronk who can only play 1 position off the bench for the last few years they can certainly do it with Barba who can fill in almost anywhere.
  85. Pa-28

David Klemmer Footage

At 120kg he is already one of the biggest props in the NRL and he hasn't played a game yet. Hickey was never an Australian schoolboy, and would have not gone close to being Toyota cup player of the year. On paper he is just about the same height and weight as Kasiano. I can tell you from...
  86. Pa-28

Trent Hodkinson MIA at Belmore trial

When has Hodko ever been fit and firing? He has delivered nothing for us and did jack s**t at Manly in Foran's shadow. I know two things for certain Keating has a better kicking game and more pace then Hodko ever will.
  87. Pa-28

Todays trial at belmore......

Tim Browne was impressive I thought as well. It's down to him, Taupau and Klemmer to take Kas and Grahams spot for the first few rounds.
  88. Pa-28

Team for rd 1 V Cowboys

In reserve grade
  89. Pa-28

Trail game vs jets team Announcement?

Des named it yesterday. Whoever is in charge hasn't put it up on the website yet!
  90. Pa-28

What will be our forward pack?

That was under Kevin Moore. Des didn't wait for Jackson and Finucane he threw them pretty well straight into first grade. They both don't have the same size and didn't stand out as much as Klemmer in 20's either!
  91. Pa-28

What will be our forward pack?

Round 1: 8. Tolman 9. Ennis 10. Klemmer 11. Pritchard 12. Williams 13. Jackson 14. Eastwood 15. Finucane 16. Halatau 17. Tapau / Browne Full strength pack: 8. Tolman 9. Ennis 10. Kasiano 11. Pritchard 12. Williams 13. Eastwood 14. Graham 15. Klemmer 16. Halatau 17. Jackson / Finucane / Taupau...
  92. Pa-28

Does anyone know if johnno is gonna sign?

I don't know how much we would have signed Keating for but I'm sure the plan was to use him in our 17. Guys like Romelo are backups, they wouldn't be on much more then 70-90k I'm guessing. But Keating would definitely command 100-150+, which no-one is going to pay a guy to sit in NSW cup just...
  93. Pa-28

Does anyone know if johnno is gonna sign?

I have a gut feeling we may get rid of Pritchard as well. The guy is a great player but he doesn't have the impact that T-rex etc.. have for the same price. If we get rid of Halatau, Hodkinson, Pritchard and with Payne already gone, bring up 4 cheapies from 20's and I reckon we could fit in...
  94. Pa-28

Fullback Options

Fullback is the most important attacking player in the team these days. Turner is solid, but he wont tear teams apart like Morris or Inu could. Shame Josh will likely be on Origin duties too, he played some decent footy at the back with the dragons and he was only very young too...
  95. Pa-28

The "Joel Romelo" Pain-Train.

Thats the ridiculous part of the rule. Why should a guy like Joel not be able to shoulder charge. He would need to stand on a step ladder to even get close to making contact with anyones head!
  96. Pa-28

Biggest winner from graham suspension

Klemmer is actually half Polynesian!
  97. Pa-28

All is not well at the Eels it seems

Have you seen Penrith's side for this year? They make the eels look good!
  98. Pa-28

Jennings to Rooters

Roosters will be there abouts this year no doubt. Still think Mini is a mile behind everyother fullback in the comp and might have too many coconuts to be consistent week in week out. 1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 3. Michael Jennings 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Michael...
  99. Pa-28

Michael Jennings - Worth a contract or just damaged goods?

You don't have to show much, hell in all honestly you don't even have that great of an attitude (ala Inu at Warriors). What you need is talent, and Jennings has that. In a market where there are not too many first class centres going around (only Morris, Inglis, Jennings and Lyon) he will...