Search results

1. kirk buttercup

Official Bulldogs vs Raiders NRL Trial - Sat 23rd Feb - Discussion Thread

Good first half using players you would expect to see straight away , second half used players to give them experience. Nice to see players getting a run , doesn't Matter what the result was it's a trial game
  2. kirk buttercup

R4 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs - Team List & Discussion Thread

Good first half shocking second half . Refs once again are a shambles Mbye was a huge loss Some players need to grow into First grade Handling was terrible in the second Half . Burgess should have gone to the bin I thought TFM Foran Jmoz Bmoz and Montoya all showed heart Move on and build...
  3. kirk buttercup

R4 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs - Team List & Discussion Thread

Tallis is the Reason we need HIA. This is what happens kids if you play on .
  4. kirk buttercup

R3 - Bulldogs vs Panthers - Team List & Discussion Thread

Can't believe anyone would say that was terrible . A couple of things: Mbye was magic! so happy to see him play like this A good first half and pretty good defensive second half New combinations will settle in nicely. Penrith are actually a pretty decent side and we beat them . This is round 3...
  5. kirk buttercup

Round 3: Dogs vs Panthers 3-2-1

1. Mbye 2. Jmoz 3.Foran
  6. kirk buttercup

R3 - Bulldogs vs Panthers - Team List & Discussion Thread

A bit of fight in the boys today . Loving it
  7. kirk buttercup

R2 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Team List & Discussion Thread

It's going to be a long long season if things don't change soon . Look completely clueless with the ball .
  8. kirk buttercup

Bulldog supporters. Where are you from?

Born In Ireland Grew up in Sydney live in Ireland.
  9. kirk buttercup

From Foran to Frawley. 5 into 3

Foran - Frawley combo Mbye- Reynolds sharing the Hooker spot Bmoz fullback .... and that looks pretty exciting actually
  10. kirk buttercup

R7 Dogs vs Rabbits 3-2-1

3. Lee 2. Montoya 1.Reynolds And special mention for Mbye and Frawley
  11. kirk buttercup

If u could pick one only, Tedesco or Cronk?

Tedesco . Des would play MBye over Cronk
  12. kirk buttercup

The "rant when Frawley gets dropped" thread.

Predictable. It's like TRex all over again. Feel for frawley as he deserves to start again.
  13. kirk buttercup

Frawley needs to stay halfback for the rest of the year

He was a breathe of fresh air . Someone who looks like he can direct the team in attack . Look forward to seeing more of him. Surely he won't be dropped
  14. kirk buttercup

R5 Dogs vs Broncos 3-2-1

3. Graham 2.klemmer 1.Frawley
  15. kirk buttercup

R4 - Bulldogs vs Manly - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

A tough tough watch today ( Can't believe I got up at 5 am on Saturday morning for this) . Where do you even start? everything needs to change.
  16. kirk buttercup

R3 Dogs vs Warriors 3-2-1

3. Jackson 2. Lichaa 1. Bmoz
  17. kirk buttercup

Who would you support?

I live in Ireland they broadcast all matches on a pay channel. I get up at 5 some mornings to watch the doggies, have for years.
  18. kirk buttercup

Who would you support?

Fair enough mate. Just wondered what people's feeling would be. As I said earlier it's more just a hypothetical Question.
  19. kirk buttercup

Who would you support?

I watch all the matches myself when I said "catch up" I more meant general discussion and chat shows. We even get the footy show here.
  20. kirk buttercup

Who would you support?

I dont think they will. but I have heard it discussed numerous times. Both Brisbane and Perth were mentioned .
  21. kirk buttercup

Who would you support?

Very good point. As I mentioned I live in Ireland which is not a stones throw from belmore. However I have read alot of people talking in this very forum about the club losing its Identity in the last few years and it's lost its soul with the current management. For me the doggie fans are the...
  22. kirk buttercup

Who would you support?

In fairness the "West" tigers would probably make most sense. I'm not saying the doggies are moving , I live in Europe and catch up on nrl through podcasts the discussion comes up fairly frequently that Sydney has too many teams that Brisbane should have another team and Perth should have a team...
  23. kirk buttercup

Who would you support?

A question out of interest and excuse me if it has been asked before ( I did look but couldn't find a thread). the question.... With all the talk of a Sydney team going to Perth that comes up every now and then. If it was the bulldogs to move west would you still support the doggies? Or would...
  24. kirk buttercup

R2 Dogs vs Roosters 3-2-1

Klemmer RFM Elliot
  25. kirk buttercup

Round 2 - Dogs Vs Roosters - Team and Discussion Thread

Bit of fight in this team. Holding on to the ball and kicking needs to improve fast, really need to learn how to catch the ball on the wings, every team is gonna go after that.
  26. kirk buttercup

Round 2 - Dogs Vs Roosters - Team and Discussion Thread

Same team this week hopefully not too far behind and hit them in the second half . I hope we remember how to kick this week and decide to include the Morris bros in the game
  27. kirk buttercup

Josh Reynolds shoulders blame for Bulldogs’ loss to Storm

Talk is cheap wages are not. He will be judged on what he does on the pitch, not the Media talk off it. The guy plays with heart and I applaud him for it but him and a few others need to play with there brains too.
  28. kirk buttercup

R1 Dogs vs Storm 3-2-1

3. Lee 2.RFM 1.Kas
  29. kirk buttercup

We are in trouble against roosters next week

The Roosters were brilliant in the first half but bang average in the second . If we can go forwards rather than sideways we can cause them some problems.
  30. kirk buttercup

Hard being a fan

If my Aunt had balls she would be my uncle. Too many what ifs not enough decent play. Too many handling errors too soft going forward too slow in defence. Looked a mid table team today
  31. kirk buttercup

Round 5 - Dogs vs Raiders - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Very poor. Too Lateral with no penetration or creativity Too slow out of the blocks TRex has no buissness being in that team ,get rid . Slow in defence Elliot is not ready to be part of the team The ref made some bizarre (shit) decisions but probably doesnt matter as we were rubbish anyway
  32. kirk buttercup

What the hell was with our gameplan?

Fair enough good point but we never really tried to put the ball in behind with a grubber or go high and test them wide. Strange in my opinion. Playing safe is one thing not testing opposition is another thing.
  33. kirk buttercup

What the hell was with our gameplan?

Why did they try run the ball on the 5th so many times into no space? The kicking game looked a bit off. But a win is a win and its only round 2.
  34. kirk buttercup

It was always going over

Brought a smile to my face oozes confidence
  35. kirk buttercup

hopoate

Thought he was very solid tonight
  36. kirk buttercup

All hail BMoz

Bang on the money
  37. kirk buttercup

3-2-1

3. Lichaa 2.TRex 1.Bmoz
  38. kirk buttercup

What happens when reynolds is healthy?

Good problem to have. I think possibly dropping one forward is going to happen against certain opposition but will be very much horses for courses this season . I do expect mbye in and out as he finds his footing at top level , I think des will be careful not to burn him out.
  39. kirk buttercup

Josh Morris try saver 'play of the year'

Have watched it a few times. Does not get old. Amazing
  40. kirk buttercup

3-2-1 vs Dragons

3.Ennis 2.Lafai 1. T REX
  41. kirk buttercup

Which club has been our biggest rival?

Yeah dragons i forgot about them . But for teams to beat right now that I love to beat now. Storm ; roosters and warriors ( I have mates up here in europe that love them) but dragons and parra are the two really.
  42. kirk buttercup

Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2014 Edition

^ that would be feckin amazing. Still think there will be a surprise.
  43. kirk buttercup

We can't keep doing this our luck will run out!

As entertaining as this is...enough. would love to see them put a team to the sword
  44. kirk buttercup

3-2-1 vs SOuth Sydney

3. Thompson 2.lafai/Ennis 1.Graham a true warrior
  45. kirk buttercup

Which club has been our biggest rival?

100% Parra. However in order to achieve the dream GF of Us and them they need to do well, its a catch 22.
  46. kirk buttercup

Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Vidic too slow evra was terrible in defence kagawa out of position rooney obviously struggling with injury. All in all they were poor with 33% of position. onwards and and upwards restock in summer and move on. Only question really is would you give moyes a warchest of money?
  47. kirk buttercup

James Tedesco Management not happy with Tigers offer

Imagine how awesome he would be for three matches
  48. kirk buttercup

James Tedesco Management not happy with Tigers offer

I like tedesco but couldnt help but notice he has gone down a few times this season clutching his ankle. Im not saying he is injury prone but before splashing major money I would like to see him complete a full season. That and I agree Perrett has been fantastic so far so I woulx be happy enough...
  49. kirk buttercup

Buzz : lichaa, hiku, Stewart bros and inu.

Not alot stay at a nothing team or come to a team who are building for the future and could dominate in years to come
  50. kirk buttercup

Inu signed with Tigers

Sounds like freeing up some money to me.
  51. kirk buttercup

Hayne unhappy- dogs are watching him closely.

Sam has been very solid. I would be happy enough to let him play there unless something exceptional comes along.
  52. kirk buttercup

3-2-1 vs Storm

3.lafai 2.hodko 1.reynolds Special mention for perrett who was immense today. And actually the whole team played out of their skins
  53. kirk buttercup

DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 4 | Bulldogs v Storm

Dogs by 6... just have a feeling.
  54. kirk buttercup

Alex McKinnon neck injury.

Terrible, only saw it last night. Really feel for his family the knights and the other young guy who made the tackle and now has to live with it. . Great to see all supporters from every team getting behind him at the end of the day we all love rugby but players welfare is far more important no...
  55. kirk buttercup

First Time Poster Long Time Reader

Cead mile failte ( welcome)
  56. kirk buttercup

The best fullback available and off contract is Tedesco.

Which round does your source reckon he will become a bulldog? Fair play putting your neck on the line big call.
  57. kirk buttercup

Your Rugby League Position?

Wow no wonder you are called mr. Invisible. I played a little on the wing but played mostly union in Ireland wing\inside centre, now I play touch footy and play centre.
  58. kirk buttercup

Biggest Bogan Name(s)

Nathaniel ... pick one Nathan or Daniel you cant be both!
  59. kirk buttercup

I think i enjoy watching AFL, what is wrong with me?

Variety is the spice of life. I love union and league (union is far bigger in Ireland) they rarely clash so I can enjoy the wonders of both.
  60. kirk buttercup

Brett Finch's teeth

I think they got in the way when he tried to kick at the end.
  61. kirk buttercup

Explain your username

I was playing a touch footy tournament in italy and the mayor of treviso got my name arseways and called me kirk buttercup... my name sounds nothing like it.
  62. kirk buttercup

[OFFICIAL] Josh Morris signed until 2018

What a difference a week makes doom and gloom after the broncos match. Roll on a week sharks smashed fifita signed lichaa signed by all accounts graham and Morris secured all looking alot better... roll on next week
  63. kirk buttercup

Perrett's style at fullback

I thought he was solid enough. Maybe its just me but I thought his catching style under the high ball was pretty strange he is almost sitting down, he did it against the broncos as well. Other than that he did well enough. Dont think he will ever set the nrl on fire back there but has to be...
  64. kirk buttercup

3-2-1 Round 2 vs Cronulla

3. Klemmer 2.Hodko 1.Reynolds
  65. kirk buttercup

I want to make Dogs' No.1 mine

Good player just not a full back. We need more pace and spark back there
  66. kirk buttercup

Hello from Ireland

Hello Lads form Ireland. Im new to the kennel and Im loving reading the posts , theres not too many people over here that watch NRL ( other than back packers ) so this site constantly amuses me. I grew up in OZ in the 80s and have been a Doggies fan since then. The highlight when I was growing...