• Hooker

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Played everywhere as a kid. After mod league mainly played five eighth/lock. Preferred lock/2nd row.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ha ... played before mini and mod league .. where it was 13 a side on the full field , kick from where you scored over the full posts .... started off as a hooker , ended up playing prop and centre when I hit 13 ... played a year at fullback ... was boring back there , only time you got to tackle was when 3 or 4 guys were running at you , all you could do was take out the ball carrier after he passed it. =(

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember one game for some stupid reason I had the task of trying to stop matt offord.i didn't get one hand on him but he sure as hell got around me a few times .Thanks to my dreadful defense he got a hatric that day.
What level / age was that at?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was a Graham clone, a halfback in a props body lol I also took conversions.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Didn't have the vision for the halves.
I'm only 170cm tall and 60kgs, so rule out prop/back row.
Handling under pressure and high ball ain't that brilliant so no fullback for me.

So in touch (local league growing up) and friends, it was always wing or centre.

Preference was for wing because I was (and still am), rather fast, with decent footwork, and pretty explosive acceleration off the mark.

That is if my knees don't shit themselves.

Used to be a sprinter back in my school days and mid teens. Back then was clocked at 18-22kph.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't have the vision for the halves.
I'm only 170cm tall and 60kgs, so rule out prop/back row.
Handling under pressure and high ball ain't that brilliant so no fullback for me.

So in touch (local league growing up) and friends, it was always wing or centre.

Preference was for wing because I was (and still am), rather fast, with decent footwork, and pretty explosive acceleration off the mark.

That is if my knees don't shit themselves.

Used to be a sprinter back in my school days and mid teens. Back then was clocked at 18-22kph.
Don't tell me you are still 60kgs, need to bulk up brother!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Going through school I was much lighter.. high 40s to 50s. Sat around 50s in my 20s. Now up to 62.5kgs.

I have a really fast metabolism so burn off what I eat really fast.
Lucky you, my metabolism is so slow I'm probably still burning off the pizza I ate 2 years ago :ohwell:

kirk buttercup

Waterboy
Reaction score
Going through school I was much lighter.. high 40s to 50s. Sat around 50s in my 20s. Now up to 62.5kgs.

Wow no wonder you are called mr. Invisible. I played a little on the wing but played mostly union in Ireland wing\inside centre, now I play touch footy and play centre.

N

Natboy

I preferred centre because of my pace & strength but had the size to play in the forwards if needed & was the worlds biggest 5/8 for a while haha

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright so this is a thread for everyone who has ever played league, whether it's with a group of mates or actually in a comp, what position do you prefer to play/did you prefer to play?

I can play in the halves or on the wings, I made it multiple in case you can play more than one position effectively.
As you guys can tell by my nick name I was considered to be one of the most damaging ball runners to ever grace steve folkes reserve.... NOT lol I originally started in the front row after three games I made my way to the no 4, but throughout I moved in and out of the forwards depending on injuries to players

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Haha I was like that when younger but I just force fed my self, put on 15kgs of mass after school finished (was working out through it). Trying to put on another 10kgs then cut, but yeah force feed your self or you won't put on da mass!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

62.5kgs? I have sandwiches bigger than you lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL, don't be too mean. I was like that before I was like nah **** this time to put da mass on, I never liked the look of it even though I was athletic with a small body like that.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
LOL - The running joke my wife and I have, is after hammering somewhere all-you-can-eat.
"Hey babe, I've a feeling my next crap might just be half my bodyweight"

Infact best way I can compare, is I have a "Chris Sandow-esque" body shape.

Short, *tiny* bit of a gut, but short in all dimensions.

AND I cant hold a ball either!

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weird at Club level I played winger but in school I played Lock.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
opposite the TV , on my recliner, which one I tick?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL - The running joke my wife and I have, is after hammering somewhere all-you-can-eat.
"Hey babe, I've a feeling my next crap might just be half my bodyweight"

Infact best way I can compare, is I have a "Chris Sandow-esque" body shape.

Short, *tiny* bit of a gut, but short in all dimensions.

AND I cant hold a ball either!
All dimensions ey, I feel sorry for ya son haha ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.