Search results

1. RookieDog

3.2.1 vs sharks

Salmon cooked = nice It’s also good raw in sushi
  2. RookieDog

Opinion Pre Season Training

Nice one Alan. The Castaway reference will be lost on many here on The Kennel
  3. RookieDog

Desperate halfback solution ?

Adam Reynolds will soon be dead from old age. He also hates the Dogs.
  4. RookieDog

News Jarome Luai meets with bulldogs as tigers ante the heat

Hey PG. Loved your description of Smith as “the little weasel fuck”. That’s exactly what he was. Smith was one of my all time most hated players for his arrogance and all the sneaky dirty play he was allowed to get away with. When he passed El Magic’s all time highest points, I hated Smith...
  5. RookieDog

Opinion The Game That Made Bennett Spend Big On Averillo

So true. Defence and hard carries out of our end not Averillo's cup of tea
  6. RookieDog

News 'Dogs gave me a purpose': Xerri grateful for second chance

Also the club should be informed he scams his way into Dogs games on a children's ticket. He admitted to doing so in writing on a public forum ie The Kennel. That's fraud and theft. Complete scam artist.
  7. RookieDog

Official A New Breed in Hutchinson, Mann, Turpin and Faamausili

Not having the greatest day so your post really helped. Gave me a good laugh. I especially liked the “crack heads” reference. Cheers.
  8. RookieDog

Official A New Breed in Hutchinson, Mann, Turpin and Faamausili

I think it goes like this: IBS = Irritable Bowel Syndrome Salmon = weak gutted dog Therefore Salmon = IBS dog Ipso facto and all that … I think
  9. RookieDog

Social Media Josh Curran

There are examples. I remember an article about Angus Chriton. One of his fingers kept getting dislocated and I think he had some of it cut off. Yuk!
  10. RookieDog

Opinion Jacob Preston

Yep. I hope he thinks it's funny because nobody else does.
  11. RookieDog

Social Media Josh Curran

Hi Wendog. I don't think the joint missing - the photo is just at an odd angle in this regard. You can see the edge of the fingernail on his index finger then separately his thumbnail. So he appears to be intact!
  12. RookieDog

Opinion Jacob Preston

Hi King Gus, Love the Ben Sherwin reference as it's what this Nasheed guy called Brent Sherwin in another thread. You've got a good memory.
  13. RookieDog

Official Luke Vella - Assistant Coach 2024

Check out this video. Luke talks about his injury - brachial plexus on his left side. Awful injury. Inspirational stuff to see how he responded in a positive way to a life changing injury - like you said, guts and determination. Wish him all the best for his coaching career.
  14. RookieDog

News Transfer bombshell: NRL’s highest-paid prop requests release

Critta marquee yes - but surely we don't have to release him yet - he hasn't even put on our jersey.
  15. RookieDog

It's funny that you should say that Wendog. As I was typing my post I thought of names like Kikau, Burton, Mahoney and Foxx. To be honest, all in all they have been pretty average since coming to the Dogs. Which is exactly the point you were making.
  16. RookieDog

Who exactly are all the marquee players at the Bulldogs anyway?
  17. RookieDog

News FIVE November 1 targets for every club: Canterbury Bulldogs

Agree. Apparently Will Hopoate is available. Surprised he wasn’t on the genius list as well.
  18. RookieDog

Curran signed.

This is the way ...
  19. RookieDog

Bulldogs officially grant Faitala-Mariner permission to negotiate with rival clubs

So true. He is very tiresome. Another Kenneller was saying they get fed up with his posts stuffing up all these threads. I’m sure a lot of people would share that sentiment.
  20. RookieDog

Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

Hey mate. Love your avatar. I really miss Folksey - a loyal and tough as nails Bulldog. A true Bulldog.
  21. RookieDog

Official Gus on Twitter

It’s not Ben Sherwin. Try Brent Sherwin. I reckon you are faking a lot of the stuff you write about. Any Bulldogs supporter and most people who follow the game would know his name is Brent Sherwin, not Ben Sherwin.
  22. RookieDog

Official Gus on Twitter

Seems like Gus bans practically everyone - and for no reason in particular.
  23. RookieDog

News Taaffe prepared for Bulldogs No. 1 battle

hopefully Perham is nowhere near first grade altogether
  24. RookieDog

Bulldogs Jersey Flegg - We are the CHAMPIONS!!!

Thanks for that … not. Fu*king wonderful of you. It‘s been an absolute c**t of a year. Couldn’t you just let people feel good for a moment or two about a Bulldogs team winning a premiership before posting this negative sh*t
  25. RookieDog

Jake Averillo

Averillo = turnstile in defence
  26. RookieDog

The Melbourne Storm stole us

Also given the final scoreline, I'm presuming Meany stuffed up defensively too. I missed most of the second half because that's precisely when my 9 y.o. decided he wanted to finish watching "The Force Awakens".
  27. RookieDog

The Melbourne Storm stole us

Not so good on several crucial last passes when a try definitely on the cards. Gotta nail those opportunities
  28. RookieDog

News Fantastic news

Fittler = Shittler
  29. RookieDog

The slowest Bulldogg team of all time? 1996 onwards

Who is Bronson Goodwin?
  30. RookieDog

Rumour Alex Twal to become a Bulldog

Are you particular about the kind of sh*t or is RFM so bad that any kind will do?
  31. RookieDog

Top 5 fastest bulldogs of all time -1996 onward

Being dead will get you halfway there. It will keep the weight off you and you won’t have to worry about getting fat any more on account of being dead.
  32. RookieDog

The definition of a do or die mentality

I just watched the utube. What a complete f**k up. It looked like he didn't have a clue about the rules.
  33. RookieDog

Thanks for that. I actually hadn't realised those mo fos scored any points during our comeback stage. Even 2 is too many. How dare they!
  34. RookieDog

Amen to that! I was at that game and one of the things I most remember was the feeling once our comeback started. We weren't gong to be denied. In the end it was like the Parrascum weren't even on the field. We just kept scoring more and more and more points. I think it was 30 to nil (from...
  35. RookieDog

Official Bulldogs add two more utility players as signing spree continues

Yep that’s a good test. Another is to ask if the signing would make the 17 for any of the better sides. If the answer is “no” then also = putrid, desperation signing.
  36. RookieDog

What do we need a coach for, anyway?

Speaking of Ciraldo, there was this random picture from the UFC over the weekend. Definitely Ciraldo behind the dude in the cap as there is that mole thing to the right of his nose and one heavy furrow across his forehead. Maybe he can get some hints and teach our players to have some c**t in...
  37. RookieDog

Dymock

Dymock should lace on the boots and play. He was a top player. Just sayin' ...
  38. RookieDog

Cheers 1967. So in summary, Brisbane cheated the cap and the powers that be turned a blind eye. In 2002, we got all our points stripped off us for cheating the cap. Brisbane's punishment- nothing and they won premierships whilst cheating the cap too.
  39. RookieDog

How come Broncos never got busted for cheating the cap all those years when their team was comprised almost wholly of the QLD state of origin team - oh except Michael De Vere who was in the NSW origin team. Clearly they were not under the cap - won a bunch of premierships too. They are looking...
  40. RookieDog

Tevita Pangai Junior | The Bye Round Podcast with James Graham

Wonderful! Didn’t really need to add any red on the cheeks. The old rummy has a natural red glow - all those burst capillaries like hard core alcoholics get
  41. RookieDog

Rumour Kurt Mann signed!!!!

Long live The Boss
  42. RookieDog

CC presser vs titans.

Plus Foran who is a guy nearly dead from old age scored a career first hatrick against us. And worse still 2 of the 3 tries were basically the same move
  43. RookieDog

D Day

He does give that bin lid a good slammin' during the team song. He also has super cool hair.
  44. RookieDog

News Cameron Ciraldo spotted in talks with Jason Taylor as Bulldogs move for former NRL coach

You have a good memory brother. Yes, Taylor is indeed the c**t you are referring to
  45. RookieDog

No Source Sualauvi Fa’alogo

Yes and Papz was limping last night too - maybe never be the same player he once was
  46. RookieDog

News ‘It was pretty ordinary’: Bulldogs players break ranks over Ciraldo’s ‘shark bait’ punishment

Agreed. Hate to say it because he's a very talented player, but Burton does have that bitch vibe about him and is definitely not putting in the effort. It all started to go downhill with him after he signed the long term deal. It's all very ordinary.
  47. RookieDog

Meltdown thread

Seems like we have been saying that at the end of every year - for way too long now
  48. RookieDog

Meltdown thread

You know what - us fans give more of a f*ck about all this than most of the players do. The players come and go but the fans stick around. We are the ones who are suffering and we actually have to pay money for it - those of us who hold tickets, buy merchandise, travel to games etc etc - which...
  49. RookieDog

Knockonbor Defensive Effort

This video got me thinking. Here are some Bulldogs players Okunbur does not remind me of when he does garbage “defence” like that: Josh Jackson Jason Hetherington Steve Folkes Cement Gillespie Jarrod McCracken -that mad mofo I loved before he went to the Scum Billy Johnstone Andrew...
  50. RookieDog

Knockonbor Defensive Effort

Let's not be too harsh on Okunbor. DCE stepped to Okunbor's right and Okunbor was experienced enough and talented enough to raise his right arm (ie not his left arm). Also, if you watch the replay closely, I think Okunbor may have lightly brushed DCE's shoulder as DCE ran past him for the try...
  51. RookieDog

Opinion Comedy

Cheers Brad. Yep 22-6 when I turned the game on. Then turned it off. What sh*ts me to death is the Bulldogs players keep making the same mistakes over and over and over again. It's like they never learn a thing. My son is 8 years old and he remembers mistakes he has made and learns from them...
  52. RookieDog

Opinion Comedy

Burton just compounded his failed attempt to find touch with a failed attempt at tackle by lazily throwing an arm out. That was the start of the movement that DCE scored off. I actually thought the game started at 4:00pm and only accidentally turned it on earlier. Perham getting the ball...
  53. RookieDog

Official Round 25 Raider V Bulldog Team List + Discussion

1998 Preliminary Final - Dogs v Scum...
  54. RookieDog

Official Round 25 Raider V Bulldog Team List + Discussion

Interesting you should say that. For countless of our games this year, I have started watching then after we are down 12-0 after less than 10 minutes, I just turn the game off. That's for the very reason you just said - we can't reel in 12 points. But it's not just our scoring 12 points...
  55. RookieDog

Freddy & Joey on Matt Burton

You could also think about seeing this guy. He does great work.
  56. RookieDog

Freddy & Joey on Matt Burton

... and of course Perham. I reckon give him another 5 or 6 years at fullback behind our (future) pack and he will shine. Ciraldo must think so too. #hayzeperham4dogzfullback4eva
  57. RookieDog

Skelton

See bold text. You answered your own question.
  58. RookieDog

Tell me why next year won't be the same?

In the words of the great Timothy B Schmit of The Eagles “I Can’t Tell You Why.”
  59. RookieDog

News Broncos, Manly, Roosters and Rabbitohs headed to Las Vegas in 2024

Just amazed we are not one of the teams and that it's not our "home" game being played in Las Vegas Round 1
  60. RookieDog

Bulldogs and Illuvium launch special Round 25 Jersey

Don’t worry - your puffer jacket will arrive in a while. Just in time for the nice warm weather.
  61. RookieDog

Official Injury updates

Hi D0GMATIC. The website is technically correct - I have chatted to Baa a few times over the years and he said among other things, the cartilage in his knees has worn down. So it's hard for him to walk freely, let alone train. However, your point is well made and taken. There is a slight...
  62. RookieDog

Won't anybody think of the kids? Why Gus's Bulldogs signing blitz might come at a cost

Absolutely - I couldn't agree more. I started reading the article in good faith. It was all over the shop. As I read further and tried to make sense of the confusing mess it was, I actually started to feel sick in the stomach. So I stopped reading and immediately my stomach was fine.
  63. RookieDog

Official Toby Sexton Signed Immediately

Pretty sure he means Flanno a better goal kicker than Burton.
  64. RookieDog

Just a lil harsh

I had the misfortune to be at the game. It made me sick right to the bottom of my guts. A guy a few seats down said it was the worst Dogs performance he'd seen in his 40 years supporting them. Hard to disagree and on our fkn home ground against a dud team too. As well as the boos, I'm pretty...
  65. RookieDog

No Source Does the Ben Hunt rumblings have any Legs ?

There was an article regarding Lodge about a week ago and straight from the horse's mouth, he said he was on a reduced contract at Rorters. But you are right, Lodge's salary will now magically cover Hunt's salary - the current QLD half and / or hooker. And don't forget Rorters have already...
  66. RookieDog

Official Round 16: Bulldogs Vs Sharks - Game Day Thread

Horrible carries and run metre statistics on the whole. But the one silver lining is that we only conceded 48 points. I have heard the commentators refer several times to the peculiarity that no team which conceded 50 or more points has ever gone onto premiers. So ... the Bulldogs premiership...
  67. RookieDog

News Ben Hunt reportedly asks for release

Peter Kelly’s last year at Dogs was 1987. He was a Panther in 1988. Bulldogs grand final winning front row in 1988 was Paul Dunn and Peter Tunks. Despite that, I agree with the gist of your post. Doesn’t really matter who your halves and other backs are if your forward pack is s**t
  68. RookieDog

Add Jacob Preston to your list - he's a keeper
  69. RookieDog

Social Media Matt Lodge

Fkn Rorters make me sick and the media perpetuates the myth that Rorters have a salary cap by writing rubbish like "The Roosters recently advised Lodge they cannot afford to keep him under the salary cap next season" You have to laugh when you read this sh*t. The truth is that Rorters aren't...
  70. RookieDog

Bulldogs Culture 2023

The Bulldogs role is to provide an easy 2 competition points to our opponents and to facilitate good teams and teams pushing to scrape into the 8 improving their for and against differential. And a lot of the players don't seem to care or at least they don't care as much as the fans - who are...
  71. RookieDog

Wooden spoon battle (unacceptable)

Also missing Cam Murray and Jai Arrow so in addition to Mitchell and Walker, that means 4 key players were out
  72. RookieDog

Looks like a game of sorts but no idea how OP came up with the name - I've usually heard most of the nicknames of our players, but not this one
  73. RookieDog

Official Rd16 Bulldogs vs Sharks Match Week Discussion

Can't stand Moylan. Someone once wrote on here that he looks like an ugly lesbian - it's so true.
  74. RookieDog

Good question. I was wondering the same thing. I did some research and have an answer - nothing to do with Bulldogs however. Elvar the Grainlord Basic Information Home Triel, Western Heartlands Sex Male Race Human 2nd Edition Statistics Alignment Chaotic neutral Class Thief 9 Elvar the...
  75. RookieDog

News Ciraldo hints at major changes after humiliating loss “Defensively we were terrible.”

I think our team is collectively soft mentally (and probably physically too). Sad when I think of how Dogs of old would fight to the death to win a game - never give up. One prime example is our coming back from almost dead and buried to beat the dirty Parrascum in the 1998 final. Today's...
  76. RookieDog

I give up

Yes - definitely agree we have moved away from what made us once great. I am OK with players having mobility but they must have size (and some mongrel) too. Like you said, we are constantly getting steamrolled by sides with bigger, more powerful packs. Pretty much impossible for us to win a...
  77. RookieDog

I give up

Re your last few lines, I touched upon this in a post a while ago. Since about 4 years ago, we have basically an entirely new first grade roster (RFM is one long termer) and in this time, we have had several new coaches yet we still dish up the same crap year after year. It's like we are stuck...
  78. RookieDog

Time for mass Changes

Hynes dropped from origin 2. He'll play the game of his life against us
  79. RookieDog

Opinion Inclusions for next game

No put Rajeb at 7 and Burton back in the centres where he belongs
  80. RookieDog

Opinion Inclusions for next game

The third guy down looks like he has been diligent about eating all his vegetables, tofu and beans - the natural way
  81. RookieDog

I give up

I hated how Perham fielded a kick a few metres from the goal line then tried to run and got forced back in goal. The Parrascum scored from the ensuing drop-out. Perham had more than enough time to just drop to the ground. Basically nearly every other c**t playing NRL would have gone to ground...
  82. RookieDog

Explain to me the appeal of Alamoti?

Also bleeds blue and white
  83. RookieDog

I give up

A few NSW Cup backs can be given a go including Burns and Wilson. Pele can go onto the bench for NRL. As a minimum, Perham and Alamoti need to go. Agree re Topine. Great in NSW Cup but doesn't offer enough at NRL level.
  84. RookieDog

I give up

Watch the post match presser. Ciraldo basically said what you said - at least the part about giving the NSW Cup players a go.
  85. RookieDog

JAC penalty

Yep Turbo took a dive. Flanno barely touched him. Flanno 10 in bin. Absolutely ridiculous decision.
  86. RookieDog

Love and hate parra rounds

Likewise grew up in the 80s. I hate the dirty Parrascum with a passion. Always have and always will.
  87. RookieDog

JAC penalty

Thanks for clarification re no break in play. On another challenge related point, there is also a contingency that I'm not 100% clear on where there is a challenge that's unsuccessful but the challenging team retains challenge. Something about video evidence not conclusive. Seems a bit "grey"...
  88. RookieDog

JAC penalty

Lots of things we should have challenged in that game but for whatever reason, didnt.
  89. RookieDog

JAC penalty

It was a fair tackle. Correct decision would have been scrum and Dogs feed
  90. RookieDog

JAC penalty

Yes, those situations you referred to are sh*t. They don't want to include forward passes into the category of things the video ref can review. That is because it might fetter the referrees freedom to manipulate games (as the video ref could intervene and overrule the ref). We all blindly...
  91. RookieDog

JAC penalty

Uum ... the answer is in your question. They didn't challenge because as you correctly pointed out, they are stupid c*nts
  92. RookieDog

2023 Round 15 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Yep. It's open slather now.
  93. RookieDog

2023 Round 15 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

No action over Tino raised elbow has set a dangerous precedent. JWH led with the elbow twice at the end there split the heads of two Penrith players open. Blood everywhere.
  94. RookieDog

Opinion Who would you prefer out of Ben Hunt or Shaun Johnson ?

One place we know Thompson won’t be going is on the field to actually play football
  95. RookieDog

It’s been more than 5 years mate. It hasn’t been an easy time to be a Dogs supporter. All of us fans want to see some success and in particular see us play finals footy. Signing a top shelf halfback would be a huge step towards that - in addition to a good prop or two.
  96. RookieDog

Another Tino special. Were we lucky not to have lost our captain to a Brocken jaw?

That's exactly what Ennis kept saying on the Fox sports commentary. Maybe he should go visit Korisau in hospital