Official A New Breed in Hutchinson, Mann, Turpin and Faamausili

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus signed Mahoney, Kikau and Crichton.

The Chinese Dinner photo with Mahoney had more than Gus at the table.

Has Mahoney been an upgrade or downgrade from JMK?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus signed Mahoney, Kikau and Crichton.

The Chinese Dinner photo with Mahoney had more than Gus at the table.

Has Mahoney been an upgrade or downgrade from JMK?
Mahoney is an upgrade jmk couldn’t even play a full season.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hunt, Tino (the pub), Haas (SBW as mentor), AFB, Sele, Leinu. Lost in the bidding for Moses. Any more misses?
I’d say half a dozen teams missed out champ, go on their forums and spin useless sh!t.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Individually these are all GREAT moneyball depth signings.
However when looking at the larger picture, how they make up ALL our recruitment, and the players we already have, there is cause for concern.
We now have more experience,depth and versatility across most positions.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently takeiuho has turned us down.
SEN reported this morning that the reason he hasn't been announced yet is because his current club is still negotiating his release with the Bulldogs.

Got to 2min 35 seconds for Bulldogs talk.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d say half a dozen teams missed out champ, go on their forums and spin useless sh!t.
Mate everyone knows these blokes were never leaving their perspective clubs, the push was successful and they got their extra $150k/$200k ..

Most of those mentioned weren’t even of contract …

These negative Nancy’s think Gould should have just snapped his fingers and put them in blue & white .. they either just have zero footy knowledge or they’re just poor soul bored trolls …

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SEN reported this morning that the reason he hasn't been announced yet is because his current club is still negotiating his release with the Bulldogs.

Got to 2min 35 seconds for Bulldogs talk.

Ah cheers for that. Interesting that poasa has signed a supplementary contract. So not too 30 for 2024 but can still be selected from round 1.

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seems SST seems its done just awaiting a release from a compensation perspective from that podcast with Carayannis.

If we could get SST and JT (random but ill take it) or Safiti, makes me feel alot better about next year

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did Nu brown actually play well for new zealand or was he more just not looking bad because fisher-harris, loeta and other forwards were all steamed up?
I didn't watch much of the Tests so I couldn't say..

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree there wasn't much in terms of guns but there was still quality options available. I'm not digging for names now but I'll do it tonight if you really want me too lol.

I've mentioned it before but Gus really doesn't give a shit about short-term results and has his eyes on the future. His recruitment tells us this. The bulk of his signings are what he thinks is an elite player for the future (Burton, Crichton, Mahoney, Kikau) and signs them on a long-term deal, players looking for a direct path to firstgrade (Preston, Karl) and/or players with basically no where else to go and simply looking for an opportunity (basically all these signings) and giving them short-term deals. If he finds a Preston then great, if not then he just cuts them loose (Pele, EQW) and moves on.

I don't particularly disagree with this but after 7 years of crap I simply just want us put out a competitive roster and watch a couple of decent games of footy from us. I'm just tired or it and tired of our fans trying to spin every signing as some 4D chess play by Gus.
You rattle on about not buying quality players but won't name them i just read someone saying Tino should have been ffs he was not going anywhere, we made him an offer he stayed!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton and Fox signed before Gus arrival.
So did TPJ…. How did that work out?

Preston was, however, signed by Gus… apparently won every player of the year award on offer at the club on a contract worth $150k

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You rattle on about not buying quality players but won't name them i just read someone saying Tino should have been ffs he was not going anywhere, we made him an offer he stayed!
Tino re-signed with Tits on a massive deal too. If we had agreed to the same salary, the same whinging ***** on here would bitch about that. You can’t win with whiny bitches. They’ll always find something to hate because that’s what they love. They don’t care about the club, they care about drama.

As for the 4 signings, 5 including SST which is pretty much a done deal according to Carayannis, they’re nothing to write home about but no one is pretending they are. They’re solid hard working players with plenty of experience. Except Poasa who I know nothing about. Half of them will play reserve grade anyway.

We have lost Waddell, Flanagan, Averillo, Casey, EQW, Okunbor, Reynolds, Alamoti, Pele, Thompson and Pangai.
Replaced with Curran, Mann, Crichton, Xerri, Taaffe, Salmon, Turpin, Hutchison, SST and Faamausili.

I purposefully placed those gone, with their likely replacements underneath. Anyone that isn’t taking the piss, would agree we have upgraded in most cases. But nah, we didn’t sign AFB who held all the cards along with Wahs. Nah bro Gus should have just told Wahs we’re taking him and that’s that! Fkn clowns. We missed on Haas and Tino… yeah just like several other clubs who would have liked them.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate everyone knows these blokes were never leaving their perspective clubs, the push was successful and they got their extra $150k/$200k ..

Most of those mentioned weren’t even of contract …

These negative Nancy’s think Gould should have just snapped his fingers and put them in blue & white .. they either just have zero footy knowledge or they’re just poor soul bored trolls …
People confuse nrl with play station

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunt, Tino (the pub), Haas (SBW as mentor), AFB, Sele, Leinu. Lost in the bidding for Moses. Any more misses?
We never ever offered anything to Moses.Dogs weren’t interested at all. I don’t post stuff like this unless it’s true.
Last time I posted on things that might be speculative (I wasn’t) were payout figures that were 100% accurate and that Dogs never spoke to Brandon Smith and weren’t interested. I knew he signed with roosters weeks before announcement.