Official Foran sidelined with ankle injury (out for 10-12 weeks)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How did he finish the match, and run decently enough when he needed to?

Does he really need surgery?

Can it not be managed with a week or two of ice packs and physio?

Did he break any bones?
I'm no expert on it but when they need surgery it means they have torn all the ligaments off the bone and they need to be screwed back on and surgery is the quickest way to fix it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do we get some sort of salary cap relief for the remainder of the year, or is that only if a player is ruled out for the year?
I don't think so. I think that's only if they get injured on rep duty.

The only way to medically retire him would be for a long term or career ending injury... Surely if they were reasonable you could argue his injury history means you could cut him. But that's not the case unfortunately...

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our has given him every chance to since he signed with us and what have we got, the worst investment of any player in the games history (one very good game in two years) we can't keep dreaming.
Our club must now leave no stone upturned to medically retire him, they would be failing in their duty if they did not, and use his money elsewhere.
If Watmough couldn’t get medically retired there is a zero chance that Foran will

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think so. I think that's only if they get injured on rep duty.

The only way to medically retire him would be for a long term or career ending injury... Surely if they were reasonable you could argue his injury history means you could cut him. But that's not the case unfortunately...
He needs to do the honourable thing by the club and fans and retire immediately.

Dogs need to hold up their end of the deal, and keep him on the coaching ranks for the next 2 years, and pay out his salary under the table in some nice manufactured nick politis brown recyclable bags

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Watmough couldn’t get medically retired there is a zero chance that Foran will
Watch the nrl grant knights that luxury with Ross, guaranteed if we ask we get knocked back. Foran won't be backing down imo his form is there will just keep chipping away until his contract is up

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really feel for the bloke because he's worked his ass off to get back and was really starting to show what we know he is capable of, and more to the point, was enjoying himself. Cogger has had a solid start to the season and will be a handy partner for the Prince

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is no possible way to medically retire him for this type of injury.
I'm sure you could parcel all his injuries together as "Chronically injured" and point to how often he doesn't play

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats all we want, just when things are looking up.
Unfknblvbl, better be back earlier.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you could parcel all his injuries together as "Chronically injured" and point to how often he doesn't play
To get medically retired they need to have a new career ending injury. Its not the NRL that decides its the insurance company so its very hard to get it done.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bring back the madness, the passion, the grit, the courage, the unpredictability, the bulldog

#bringbackjoshreynolds

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really feel for the bloke because he's worked his ass off to get back and was really starting to show what we know he is capable of, and more to the point, was enjoying himself. Cogger has had a solid start to the season and will be a handy partner for the Prince
Give it up dude.

The guy is a basket case and his body is shot to shit yet he was happy to screw this club for $1m a year. He knew the deal and is cashing the cheque’s sitting on his ass doing nothing.

He should do the right thing and quit the club, his dad is a multimillionaire so money is not an issue.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nothing but a cork clearly never had a cork or an ankle injury

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded