Official Foran sidelined with ankle injury (out for 10-12 weeks)

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Both shoulders busted
Both quads busted
Busted back
Busted wrist
Busted toe
Busted ankle

Unlucky man!

As uncle Wayne says, no more needles Kieran!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One thing I don’t understand is people saying his not “tough” because his body lets go
Bloke is tough, I remember Ben barba with same injury, come of straight away
Foran played on, I don’t think anyone can seriously question his toughness, because he is
If you want to question his body breaking down all the time or not worth the contract, that’s fair enough
But the blokes tough
I agree, not many are tougher than Foran but the coaching staff and/or trainers should have taken him off once he was hobbled after the injury knowing full well Forans injury history.

It was round 3 and they left him out there to make it worse and risking further injury. Because he is so tough, they should have saved him from himself..

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Both shoulders busted
Both quads busted
Busted back
Busted wrist
Busted toe
Busted ankle

Unlucky man!

As uncle Wayne says, no more needles Kieran!

Have a lad who is involved with Parra.

Foran has had issues with his back for years, and while he was out with a shoulder injury while at Parra, he was bed ridden for 3 weeks after he sneezed and his back locked up.

Talk about teflon

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bang on, the other 33 players all had their limbs coated in cement and wouldn't have succumbed to that injury in the same situation. This forum has missed your insight.
Completely irrelevant. He's injury prone and injury prone players continue to invent all types of ways to get injured all over again. 3 games and he's gone once again and his recent history has shown he has been incapable of managing injuries throughout the season.

Sure any other player fit or unfit might've picked up the same, worse or less serious injury in the same position, but it wasn't any other player, it was Foran. Year after year we hear the same things with him yet his seasons all end up the same with him missing large chunks or hobbling around on field. Terrible marquee signing.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has he been medically retired yet?? 1 mil to add to our cap right now would be a god send.

OHHH the possibilities!!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i knew this would happen. He needs to change his style of play. He keeps throwing himself at the line as though he is a forward. It’s suicidal and that’s why he keeps getting injured. He needs to stop thinking of himself as a battering ram or else he will keep getting injured
So, he needs to stop scoring tries too

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres an article in the daily telegraph now about Foran. Can someone post it?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Theres an article in the daily telegraph now about Foran. Can someone post it?
Said it was unlucky, won't let it get him down, will be back again, loves the support from the players around him, thinks he has another 5 years of footy left. Basically main points, cbf posting the article and editing out the crap.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have a lad who is involved with Parra.

Foran has had issues with his back for years, and while he was out with a shoulder injury while at Parra, he was bed ridden for 3 weeks after he sneezed and his back locked up.

Talk about teflon
Sounds like he needs to take extra care and precaution even when he’s having a root, so that nothing pulls, jams, slips, falls or breaks out of its place.
Let’s face it, Foran is broken. He has been for a while. He will come back, we will read the happy fo lucky articles that’s hes “stronger than ever” or “training the house down” but the reality he will most likely get injured within the month of his return.
It’s a signing that just hasn’t worked out for us.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Said it was unlucky, won't let it get him down, will be back again, loves the support from the players around him, thinks he has another 5 years of footy left. Basically main points, cbf posting the article and editing out the crap.
5 years at 3 games per year. Sounds about right...

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers thanks for summary.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has he been medically retired yet?? 1 mil to add to our cap right now would be a god send.

OHHH the possibilities!!
Who would be immediately available to sign in a position that we need?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who would be immediately available to sign in a position that we need?
The possibilities.. depending on how much we got n the bank I guess but trading one for 4 that can change the dynamics of a team is the way I would go.
Dunno about immediately too because it will probably take a yr to confirm his retirement.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The possibilities.. depending on how much we got n the bank I guess but trading one for 4 that can change the dynamics of a team is the way I would go.
1 for 4, how does that work?
If by some miracle (a Saint worthy miracle) we get Foran medically retired we have 1 roster spot available.
If we assume Foran is on $1m and we have say $750k spare, who is available for next week that we can buy for up to $1.75m?

Go Dogs

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 for 4, how does that work?
If by some miracle (a Saint worthy miracle) we get Foran medically retired we have 1 roster spot available.
If we assume Foran is on $1m and we have say $750k spare, who is available for next week that we can buy for up to $1.75m?

Go Dogs
As I said after editing.. it will probably take a yr to medically retired him so it prob won't happen immediately anyway more so for next yr when we can work on The top 30

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck me... a 90kg player came down with the knee (not intentionally) on the guys ankle/calf in an awkward way and some people on here are blaming foran and the doctors??? the strongrst fittest nrl player would be wiped by that.. wtf is wrong with some people??? i know he hasnt been the best signing but common people, this isnt about him being fit etc...