Official Foran sidelined with ankle injury (out for 10-12 weeks)

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So lie about it.
I feel too entitled to my opinion . Have been a fan of foran since way before Sunday. Just can't lie about it lol. Don't worry there will be other horrible disputes come up that'll make me happy

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i knew this would happen. He needs to change his style of play. He keeps throwing himself at the line as though he is a forward. It’s suicidal and that’s why he keeps getting injured. He needs to stop thinking of himself as a battering ram or else he will keep getting injured
Tbh mate he was unlucky. Unlucky someone landed on his ankle and calf.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. So many people on here berating him for his injuries.
Do you not realise that he gets injured because he plays all or nothing and with heart?
If he was one of those pussies that doesnt want to get tackled and passes it way before the line (Ala, Billy Slater, etc) then of course he wouldn't get hurt.
this injury was unrelated to previous injuries and was just unlucky.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Say what you want about Foran and his injuries, but having the likes of him at the club to help mentor the likes of Lewis and Cogger is invaluable.
It actually has a value, about one million dollars a season for a mentor seems excessive, when someone like Sherwin would do it for 1/20th

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
NRL Tackle of the Week: Round 3 = Kieran Foran
Visitors to NRL.com have voted for his effort against the Wests Tigers.

Go Dogs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You’d have to be **** to blame him and shit on him regarding this particular injury, it’s just unlucky that even LeBron James would have been injured in that position. Hope for a speedy recovery and know that the whole club is behind him.
Lots of kants on this forum lol

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For me he is the toughest man in the league, infact he is superhuman. period!

I know what a torn ligament in the ankle feels like as i speak from my own experience, and for him to make tackles, get tackled, kick and run for 50 minutes after the injury is unimaginable.

people can say whatever they want but he has earned my respect.
Preach

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious who do you think will break first in a fight Stanley or Foran?
They’d both hit the deck at the same time. Foran perhaps marginally ahead with the heaviest wallet

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
34 players on the field and it just happened to be him, again. If this didn't take him out then something else would've. His recovery time appears to be awful so it will be interesting to see how long he's actually out for and what type of shape he's in when he's back on field.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One thing I don’t understand is people saying his not “tough” because his body lets go
Bloke is tough, I remember Ben barba with same injury, come of straight away
Foran played on, I don’t think anyone can seriously question his toughness, because he is
If you want to question his body breaking down all the time or not worth the contract, that’s fair enough
But the blokes tough

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One thing I don’t understand is people saying his not “tough” because his body lets go
Bloke is tough, I remember Ben barba with same injury, come of straight away
Foran played on, I don’t think anyone can seriously question his toughness, because he is
Playing on can cause the injury to get worse.

How long was Barba out for.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just terrible luck, good to hear he will be back with bells on.
Serious injuries to key players don't happen too often, hopefully our law of averages is over and the Bulldogs dream is still alive.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
34 players on the field and it just happened to be him, again. If this didn't take him out then something else would've. His recovery time appears to be awful so it will be interesting to see how long he's actually out for and what type of shape he's in when he's back on field.
Bang on, the other 33 players all had their limbs coated in cement and wouldn't have succumbed to that injury in the same situation. This forum has missed your insight.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman had exactly the same injury last year. He did it in the good friday game and went straight off. He missed exactly 8 games in total. Hopefully Foran only misses a maximum of 8 games also. Tolman also had surgery on it. i.e Foran played entire 2nd half with it. While Tolman went straight off.

Pencil in 10th june rd13 queens birthday vs dragons for his return. That means he misses 8 games. Not too bad a result.

Last edited: