Official Foran sidelined with ankle injury (out for 10-12 weeks)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree with you more.
Welcome back Marley

Foran’s injuries are not bad luck , they are bad recruitment decisions that were made .
He’s spent more times on the sidelines than on the field.
Yh I didn't plan on comming back but then I saw the news of Foran on twitter while I was like

And then i just instinctively loaded up TK and it let me back in and now it looks like I'm sucked back in again.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kieran won the gold lotto the day Des signed him up for the money he signed him up on. It wasn't bad recruitment it was appalling given his performances over the 4 previous years & his known ailments both mental and physical. Simply appalling.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs praise Foran bravery after star ruled out for up to three months
Christian NicolussiApril 2, 2019 — 7.06pm

Kieran Foran showed remarkable courage to play an entire 50 minutes with a high-ankle sprain that would have left most people struggling to walk.

And to make sure the Bulldogs star recruit remains in a good head space as he recovers from his latest injury setback, coach Dean Pay will make a point of keeping Foran around the playing group and working with new young halves Lachlan Lewis and Jack Cogger.

NRL 2019
Brown out: Teen Eels star a shock scratching for Sharks clash
Givney said Foran could not receive painkillers at half-time because of the arteries and nerves around the ankle joint. Foran had to make 16 tackles and four tackle-busts virtually on one leg.

Pay, who played suffered his fair share of injuries during his playing career, said it was a huge blow for Foran and the club, especially with Sunday's performance in the shock win over the Wests Tigers seen by many as his best to date in the club colours.

"I asked him how he was, but he always says he's fine," Pay said. "I thought he played great last week, he was really finding some form and getting back to his best, which is taking the line on, and with a bit of luck he scored one and could have scored a couple of more.

Advertisement
"I feel for him, the whole club feels for him. Injuries are a part of the game. It's terrible timing for him and the club.

"He has a really good support network around him, especially with [wife] Karina and the kids.

"I'm going to make sure we keep him involved and he takes on a mentoring role with the two younger boys [Lewis and Cogger] now. We'll certainly utilise his football nous and all his experience, that's for sure. He'll have his input into how we're playing. It's invaluable.''

Foran has had a well-documented battle with injuries and his mental health, but told the Herald a fortnight ago he was lifting the kind of weights he did when he was 21 and "I haven't been this happy for a long, long time ... all the stars have aligned".

He was said to be devastated when the MRI scans confirmed the high-ankle sprain on Monday.

Advertisement
Canterbury had hoped to lure Cogger down the M1 Motorway from Newcastle this time last year but were forced to wait until this season. Pay also pointed out Cogger had played along side new No. 1 Nick Meaney at the Knights.

License this article

https://click-au.plista.com/redirec...M6iUTWWKRfzVQwo5T6A389Dr0FBH9NsbpX_vVyPaBb9DQ

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I think wel be alright tbh. Okunbor and meaney can make a massive difference out wide and coggers a good fill in. We just are lacking experience badly

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Say what you want about Foran and his injuries, but having the likes of him at the club to help mentor the likes of Lewis and Cogger is invaluable.
I don’t think many people will deny his heart and courage. But the heart and courage can only take someone’s body so far.
Just like Corey Thompson. A lot of heart but heart has a lot of limitations in a physical male sport.
Thinking about completely fit revving Foran is such a sexually pleasing thought. But yeah we can’t escape reality.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope it’s a speedy recovery, he should be able to keep his upper body strength so it’ll just be a matter of getting the kms in the legs once the healings done.

Shit bad luck with the way the defender landed on him.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The biggest loss is Forans leadership. I just dont think that JJ can cut it as a captain.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pound for pound one of the toughest guys to play the game

Keeping him involved directly with the halves as a mentor is a smart move

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would be great if we had 4-5 youngsters absolutely jump out of the box and have us killing it before 2021 stick it up the knockers

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rotten luck for foz good on deano keeping him involved I won’t be death riding Cogger either kids got his chance I hope he makes the most of it wish him every success

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
You’d have to be **** to blame him and shit on him regarding this particular injury, it’s just unlucky that even LeBron James would have been injured in that position. Hope for a speedy recovery and know that the whole club is behind him.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’d have to be **** to blame him and shit on him regarding this particular injury, it’s just unlucky that even LeBron James would have been injured in that position. Hope for a speedy recovery and know that the whole club is behind him.
It looked like he was over his hamstring, shoulder and back injuries. He actually looked good. I believe his first two games this year were good as well, and his third, well we all know he killed it on Sunday. For him to be playing his best footy on Sunday tells me his old injuries were behind him....but how bloody unlucky was he to get that ankle injury. A fit Foran for 25 rounds would of been top 8 this year.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pound for pound one of the toughest guys to play the game

Keeping him involved directly with the halves as a mentor is a smart move

For me he is the toughest man in the league, infact he is superhuman. period!

I know what a torn ligament in the ankle feels like as i speak from my own experience, and for him to make tackles, get tackled, kick and run for 50 minutes after the injury is unimaginable.

people can say whatever they want but he has earned my respect.