Search results

1. steve_mortimer

Cameron Smith set to become all time points record holder!

Was reading last night that Smith is set to overhaul Hazem next season. Sitting just 36 points behind, it would take a season ending injury early on for Smith fail in his chase of the record. A real shame to see an absolute twat of a player like Smith get a record he doesn’t really deserve.
  2. steve_mortimer

Bulldogs memorabilia for sale

Hi all, Due to my mothers continued ill health over the past year I am in a position where I am regrettably having to sell some of my Bulldogs memorabilia in order to help cover her continued medical costs which keep mounting. I thought it would be best to come directly to you guys as this way...
  3. steve_mortimer

Mighty Bulldogs DVD set?

Anyone know where to grab this DVD set? My mum has become very ill over the past few years (she's 68 this June) and since she hasn't lived in Belmore for almost 20 years I wanted to grab these DVD's as a bit of a way to cheer her up as she always talks of her days growing up in and around...
  4. steve_mortimer

Origin pain for players...

Was informed last night at the QRL offices that a few players selected for the under 18s SOO curtain raiser had to hand in their kits and drop out of the team. The reason being all players have to pay for their kit which includes on field gear, tracksuits, training gear and bags. For a...
  5. steve_mortimer

Proof the Roosters have been well over the cap!

It has been said for years now that the Roosters have been over the cap. I was having a chat with one of the league.net guys yesterday and he now works with a former coach of the Roosters lower grade sides. This coach mentioned that whenever the side lost Politis and James Packer would come...
  6. steve_mortimer

Help finding....

I am after this song that was used before the Aust V NZ test last year and I understand the NRL uses it before other rep games. It has a Led Zep sample and was curious to see who does it and such. Any help would be cool :)
  7. steve_mortimer

Grass roots rugby league in huge trouble!

The QRL have released alarming figures revealing the game is in trouble in season 2008 and beyond. Refereeing numbers have taken a nose dive in recent years but nothing could have prepared officials for the drop in numbers as the new season kicked off. There are now only 821 referees in the...
  8. steve_mortimer

The brawl of the season!

This was in the Colts game up on the Sunshine Coast last weekend. 8 plyers sent off..enjoy! http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=248153&cl=7593183&ch=885636&src=y7news
  9. steve_mortimer

Problems with NRL heritage round

Having spent the past 24 hours catching up on NRL footgae of the first six rounds I found one massive problem with last weekends heritage round. All the jersey's and grounds were ruined by sponsor logo and on field signage. In Europe with any retro games the teams scrap all sponsors for the...
  10. steve_mortimer

The future of the Broncos.

I will be touch judge in this game so it will be interesting to see how Hunt goes in the pivot role from close to the action. Any other Kennel members going? Broncos take a look into the future Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 5:52 PM Rugby league fans could get a glimpse into the future...
  11. steve_mortimer

David Taylor you TWAT!

OK, in an effort to help the communication between dominant, surrender and movement tackles a couple of our QLD Cup referees have been going to Broncos training once a week to do some game simulations. The aim of this is to help clubs realise that when a raferee calls move then you move...
  12. steve_mortimer

QLD Cup 2008

Alright boys and girls, the 2008 Wizard QLD Cup is almost upon us and this year isshaping as a cracker. Premiers Tweed will be hard to knock off but as usual Redcliffe will be up their with perhaps Easts and Ipswich to try and rustle up the pot. Any thoughts from you guys as to who you...
  13. steve_mortimer

Do you think the NRL...100 years of RL?

Do you guys think the NRL will do enough to celebrate 100 years of Rugby league in Australia? From what I have seen so far there seems to be alot of social functions planned and aside from the retro jersey matches and a couple of other odds and ends it seems as if they will only be doing as...
  14. steve_mortimer

My debut as an NRL video ref!

Last Friday night was a pretty damn cool night. I was invited to join Tim Mander in the box for the Brisbane V Canterbury game. Tim asked me for my opinion on a few calls of which I will describe here... * The first Brisbane try looked touch in goal at first look but was given BOTD after the...
  15. steve_mortimer

More reasons to attend Brisbane game - Arrive Alive Cup

This Friday is not just a blockbuster for the Dogs and Brisbane clubs it is also the QLD State Final of the Arrive Alive Cup with the winner going into the National final in a few weeks. Palm Beach will play St Brendans College at 4:30pm on Friday afternoon and will be televised a week later...
  16. steve_mortimer

A clever ploy to win a finals game...

If your side is down and in need of a repeat set of six late in a finals match this year why not pass the ball into the referee or a trainer on the field as long as you are in the attacking half you get the scrum feed and a fresh set in a good position. Bit sneaky but worth a shot yes?
  17. steve_mortimer

The Beep Test!

Last night at training we ran a beep test and i scored 13.2 which was a decent result. What I want to know is how can you improve on your score through training methods as such and what scores have you guys run on it before? The reason why I am asking this is due to being at Tafe doing a...
  18. steve_mortimer

Brisbane goes maroon!

Well, the day has arrived. Queensland will open the new series tonight under clear skies taking in the unfamiliar tag as the bookies top pick. There are buses and trains smothered in maroon, local housewives are even setting out for the grocery shopping in QLD jumpers and confidance is high...
  19. steve_mortimer

Brisbane fans angry at referee calls!

Since Friday night the media up here in sunny Brisbane has been outraged at the "unfair" calls they got on Friday night. Talkback radio, letters to the editor and the Courier-Mail blog section have been at boiling point for days now. Isn't it ironic that the fans who said Melbourne should...
  20. steve_mortimer

New contract...WOOT!

So there I was at training last Thursday night in the pouring rain and as I come off the field from our session I get a bit of paper in my hand. This bit of paper is a contract from the QRL which means I will now get paid for video review sessions during season as well as all the training I...
  21. steve_mortimer

When will people move on from Cronulla?

This clip was used by Channel 7 up here last week in relation to racial tensions in Sydney. Despite the fact this is the most god awful rap I have ever heard and knowing the boys who made this would last all of 5 seconds in LA I thought it is sad we are still having our media use the Cronulla...
  22. steve_mortimer

2006 HOME/AWAY kits going cheap.

I was in A-Mart All Sports last week and noticed a massive stock pile of 2006 home and away kits going for under $70. Not a bad deal if you are after a good bargain. Come to think of it $70 should be the most you should pay for any NRL jersey.
  23. steve_mortimer

Big night..for the refs..

Last night the Brisbane Rugby League Referees Association had their end of season awards night and a grand night was had by all. It was also a special night for me not only for just being there but winning the main award of the night for services to the BRLRA of which was voted by all life...
  24. steve_mortimer

Brisbane fans right/wrong?

I've been downt he corner shop this morning, to the gym and listening to local talk back radio. And so far alot of Brisbane fans feel like they won the comp fair and square. A few have admitted they got a bit of help but overall it seems they outplayed Melbourne in every aspect which I was...
  25. steve_mortimer

Refs on 60 Minutes

Anyone here witness the story on referees just in 60 Minutes? One of the features was Steve Clarke. If so how about taking up said profession next season. I would dearly love to see those fat tools in the crowd get around on the pitch :) Was a good story that may open up a few eyes and help...
  26. steve_mortimer

The Loser Is Sydney!

THE LOSER IS SYDNEY! That is what we were greated with on the back page of the Sunday Mail up here in sunny Brisbane today amid claims that the GF should be moved from the "heartland" of League and also moved back to a Sunday afternoon affair. The charge led by throngs of Bronco...
  27. steve_mortimer

Brisbane V St. George/Melbourne thoughts.

The NRL title is wide open this weekend with St. George and Melbourne fighting for the last place and one final crack at glory in 2006. You would have to argue that Brisbane should start favourites and my tip for tonights game St. George have an impressive record against Brisbane this year...
  28. steve_mortimer

Brisbane = Season over

They fought hard and put up a good effort to make it to the second last week of finals football though season 2006 now looks to be over for the Brisbane Broncos. Darren Lockyer has been a shining light for a side lacking a serious halfback who has enough ability to lead them on to a title. A...
  29. steve_mortimer

Brisbane doesn't rate Bulldogs

All week long the general public, media and hardened football fans have given Canterury no chance of getting close to the Brisbane Broncos in tonights blockbuster. The mood is set in stone. Brisbane are too fast, too classy and too powerful for a Bulldogs side apparently not up to finals...
  30. steve_mortimer

The Brisbane Bandwagon is over

Well folks, after tonight i'd say Brisbane can think about 2007. They were never going to be a serious threat and St. George again showed us all how woefull Brisbane are in finals football. Should Parra lose tomorrow Brisbane will play Newcastle next Saturday night and then have to beat...
  31. steve_mortimer

Newcastle defeat Manly...thoughts?

What a cracker! Newcastle sneek home by 7 over a Manly side that added new meaning to the term "dumb football". On tonights efforts I can safely say... Manly are gone for 2006. Buderis won't play again this year. Already has 90 points and with an early guilty plea should miss 2-3...
  32. steve_mortimer

QRL awards night at Lang Park

Last Night I attended the QRL annual awards dinner..the QLD version of the Dally M awards... Anyway, a wonderful night was had by all including our referees group of which there are some pics attached....I also got to meet and greet with Wally Lewis, Kevin Walters, Kerry Boustead, Gary...
  33. steve_mortimer

Players banned till 2031

I don't know how true this is but I have been informed that two players from the Canterbury district have been banned for 25 years. The first player, aged 21 assulted a referee and the second a 17 yo was said to have attacked a referee with an iron bar after a call he did not like. Has...
  34. steve_mortimer

The problem with QLD supporters...

The last two days have been nothing but hell for me. The mighty Blues put in a sub standard effort and get smashed in game 2 and now all the QLD fans who themselves wrote the side off only 7 days ago are back on the bandwagon with the "winning" pride they all so often love showing. Following...
  35. steve_mortimer

SOO game 2 Kennel meet up in QLD

This is for all Kennel members in QLD who are interested in meeting up for State Of Origin game 2 next Wednesday night. Our referees club house is a venue we could use. We sell XXXX Gold and Bitter cans for $2.50, soft drink cans for $1.50, chips and chocolates for $1.50 and we have a warm...
  36. steve_mortimer

Bronco standard at Beerwah?

Last Thursday i was up at Beerwah for a shcool footy carnival and part of the dayincluded a visit by Bronco players including Justin Hodges and former international Michael Hancock. One thing that I noticed was that Hodges was into the idea of signing his name on a few teenage girls breasts...
  37. steve_mortimer

Steve Clark to referee SOO game 2

Steve Clark has replaced Sean Hampstead for SOO game 2. Interesting to see Hampstead was beleived to have had the game parcelled up untill his blunder on full time last Friday night.
  38. steve_mortimer

I've lost my Cowboys!

I need some help Kennelers.... In recent weeks I have lost a football side. A team that for the first few weeks of the comp was all the rage with bookies, punters and bandwagoners. Somehow in the past 6 weeks they have been lost without trace 5 times and seem to be in a rut. They were...
  39. steve_mortimer

Roosters season now over with loss

That is it folks. Cross the Sydney Roosters off the premiership list with tonights loss to Melbourne. Sitting on 12 points and now well out of the top 8 they will struggle to re-group and make the 8 let alone winning the title. Any thoughts?
  40. steve_mortimer

Fans to dob in illegal play!

Rugby League fans now have the power to study video footage of weekend games and dob in players from clubs for dangerous play. It has just been revealed on the John Laws show that the NRL are happy to hear from anyone in relation to foul play from matches. So there we have it kids. if you...
  41. steve_mortimer

Johns set for Origin game 2!

In shock news Blues legend Andrew Johns is set to announce himself available for one last tilt at Origin glory. The key Newcastle playmaker decided against playing in Wednesday nights game due to a minor injury but has privately stated he will make himself available provided he pulls through...
  42. steve_mortimer

Ebay tickets?

I have a problem Kennelers.... I just realised I was two days late with the registration for the Cricket Australia Family for Ashes tickets. I feel I will now have to look on ebay when they go on sale and fork out for tickets there. The problem I am facing is this. Within hours of...
  43. steve_mortimer

Picking rep sides on form?

After watching a QLD side picked on form fail once more last night I was wondering what your thoughts are when it comes to picking sides for rep games? Personally I feel you should always reward loyalty and pick players who have been there and done that in the past. NSW stick by this theory...
  44. steve_mortimer

FINCH says: QLD kiss my ass!

Get that up ya anyone who doubted the Blues and said Finchy didn't deserve to be there :) What a game on 24 hours notice. There is alot of humble pie being munched on tonight :)
  45. steve_mortimer

SOO GAME 1: Live updates and comments

Under 10 minutes till kick off. Let's talk about this grand Blues win boys and girls......I've not been this pumped for an Origin since god knows when!
  46. steve_mortimer

State Of Origin Invasion!

Go and play this cool game kids... STATE OF ORIGIN INVASION Time to blow up some canetoads and kill a few minutes at work :)
  47. steve_mortimer

What you team needs to make the 8

We have now had 11 rounds of the season and with the halfway mark closing in I thought I would give you all an idea of what your team needs to make the top 8. We have 15 rounds left and 30 points available. 28 will be the very least you will need for a finish in the 8 so this is what is...
  48. steve_mortimer

SOO Referee announced!

Sean Hampstead will be the referee for SOO game 1. Bit of a bolt from the blue really..I thought Russel Smith would have been a shoe in. ;)
  49. steve_mortimer

Eels player drunk at training!

I have just heard that Mark Riddel and one other Parramatta player have turned up to training yesterday drunk. Don't know alot more atm but this could really be bad news for a club that may very well be on the bottom of the ladder by September. There are massive problems in this club and...
  50. steve_mortimer

SAT night spoilers *All 3 games*

So here we have it kids 10 to go and the Kiwi boys are only down by 4 points...Saints season if defnly over if they lose this one.
  51. steve_mortimer

Lockyer to step up for QLD?

State of origin football is all about the big names stepping up when it matters most and in 2006 the promise needs to turn into reality for Queensland and Darren Lockyer. With a record of 8 wins, 11 losses and 2 draws with only 2 series wins in from 8 attempts to his credit the man once...
  52. steve_mortimer

Russel Smith dropped!

I have just learned that English import referee Russel Smith has been dropped to PL for this weekends fixtures following a drop in form in recent weeks. Opportunities are now available with injury to Paul Simpkins and Smith dropped to allow up and coming referees to make a mark.
  53. steve_mortimer

ROLL CALL: Aus V NZ

OK, so who is going to the barn dance at Suncorp tonight? I am thinking of going but none of my mates are interested so I am turning to Kennel punters. Is anyone going? If so text me on 0432-885-317 or PM me :)
  54. steve_mortimer

Lockyer to union!

Just heard that Darren Lockyer would go without any thought if he was offered a big money rugby union contract. He stated today that if Rugby offered him the sort of money the Matt (I'm A)Gitt is getting he would go next year. So there you have it folks the Australian test captain who should...
  55. steve_mortimer

QLD Cup footy

This weekend is round 8 of the QLD Cup up here in Brisbane which is considered the next step down from NRL. To my suprise as I only just found out 5 mins ago I am up running lines in the lower grades of the QLD cup this weekend. Running lines in these grades is all part of the learning curve...
  56. steve_mortimer

Some cool news!

In January this year I decided to return to refereeing rugby league after 4 years off and have been working my ass off getting back to my old fitness levels. I've dropped 12 kgs and spent many hours in the gym and on the training paddock slugging away. Tonight i received a phone call from...
  57. steve_mortimer

Thurston V Johns: The Debate?

Picking up the Courier-Mail this morning I noticed the results for the daily poll from yesterday when they asked who is the better player..Thurston or Johns? To my suprise Thurston polled a handy 39% of the vote when I thought he would have polled less than 15%. I suspect the readers who...
  58. steve_mortimer

Gower out/Penrith season now over too!

Word is coming through that Gower has a fractured sternum. So in light of this I have just cancelled Penrith out of my calculations to win the comp. He will be out for at least 6-8 weeks and maybe this is a bit of karma for the git doing what he did in the off season. NSW will be better...
  59. steve_mortimer

They said my lips were too full!

OK, I need some girl advice.... I as out with friends the other night and this girl comes up to have a chat with me.....after a while she started on this thing about my lips being too full and asked me if I have had anything done to them to which I replied hell no. What I need to know...
  60. steve_mortimer

St. George won't win title! FACT!

After having more than 50 points put on them tonight I can now say to all St. George fans and those who tipped them to win the comp in 2006 that they will not win regardless of what happens from here in. Why you ask? No team has ever won the comp after conceeding 50 points or more in a single...
  61. steve_mortimer

Get on the Dogs NOW!!!!

OK kids, as of Friday the Dogs were paying $11 to win the NRL titile. With the new week about to start i'm sure they have pulled in under the $10 mark and will only shorten as the next couple of months go by. If there ever was a time to "get on" now is the time. You won't get these prices...
  62. steve_mortimer

A turning point worth mentioning

For all of those who felt hard done by against Penrith I thought I would bring up a point from Friday nights game against the Tigers worth thinking about.... Just before half time Shifty Sherwin intercepts, races down field and sets up a try to send the Dogs from 18-0 to 24-0 at the main...
  63. steve_mortimer

The best Referee?

I thought with all the talk on Saturday nights game it might be time to take out a poll and ask Kennel members who their fave Referee has been. Be warned this list goes back a bit so some of you may not remember a few of the whistle blowers. ;)
  64. steve_mortimer

Bronco season over already?

I went to a game late last year where St. George exposed Brisbane's weak ruck area and put a big score on them. This afternon those demons resurfaced with a 36-4 thumping at the hands of the North Queensland Cowboys on a ground that once sent shudders through visiting sides yet in 2006 appears...
  65. steve_mortimer

On the punt RD 1 with Dave

OK kids. Each week i'm going to provide the NRL punters out there with some stats and tips for making a bit of pocket money in season 2006 with my weekly "ON THE PUNT" segment. Last season I set a plan to allow $100 every week and after the home and away season I put $2,600 in bets and...
  66. steve_mortimer

Steve Mortimer should have played with Manly!

In light of the Scott Prince saga I thought i'd write a little article to remind us all of what may have happened had Steve Mortimer played season 1987 with Manly..... In mid 1986 the feud between coach and captain at the Canterbury club was at an all time low. Warren Ryan, tha man who...
  67. steve_mortimer

I've changed my view on the Souths deal

After watching the back page, hearing his views on John Laws yesterday and reading some interesting views on other footy forums i've changed my view on the Souths deal. Peter Holmes a Court has made some very good points as to why the Souths club should take he and Russel Crowe up. A letter...
  68. steve_mortimer

Tallis praises Lamb

Just finished reading RLW where there is a fair bit of Dog news and some good articles. In an article regarding Darren lockyer former Dragon and Bronco, Gordan Tallis talks of his St. George days when they were told to run at Terry Lamb all day long not to make him miss tackles but to tire...
  69. steve_mortimer

How often does your club win titles?

I was in some strong debate tonight as to which club has the best strike rate and when I got home I pulled some stats. Interesting is the second figure which will give u an indication of how often the teams make the decider. Brisbane - title ever 3 years/appear in decider every 3 years...
  70. steve_mortimer

How good a Ref are you?

If you have ever thought of becomig a referee or been the first to hang some on a ref I thought it could be time for the Kennel members to take this quiz.. http://www.arlra.org.au/quiz/quiz-3.html All you have to do is get 90 out of 100 and you will get a pass mark, the first step to...
  71. steve_mortimer

Canterbury-Bankstown memberships numbers

I was flicking through some old Canterbury-Bankstown League Club Limited reports last night and found out some interesting stats on membership numbers from 1957-1976. 1957 - 292 1958 - 495 1959 - 789 1960 - 1,657 1961 - 2,332 1962 - 2,542 1963 - 3,000 1964 - 3,261 1965 - 5,940 1966 -...
  72. steve_mortimer

How many games will you attend in 2006?

I was looking at the draw for 2006 the toher day and began thinking of how many games I will see. So far I have confirmed the following... NTH QLD X 2 Brisbane NZ trial Anzac Test SOO X Bris and Sydney RD 1 X 3 games RD 2 X 3 games I have set a target of getting to 40 games this...
  73. steve_mortimer

Liverpool FC on DVD

Just thought i'd let you guys know I got some cracking DVDs off Ebay recently... Liverpool - European Champs - 6 DVD set CL Final 2005 - 4 DVD set UEFA Cup 2001 - 2 DVD set Anyone want copies of them feel free to PM me. It has been a great weekend kicking back watching past greats on...
  74. steve_mortimer

Nazi music is back!

I was watchig The Glass House last night and they brought up this little duo from the USA.... What is the world coming to when this rubbish is allowed to pass up? They have a site here... http://www.prussianblue.net/store.htm Have any of you gys heard of this before? From the...
  75. steve_mortimer

Bulldogs history - 1967

When my Grandfather passed away in 1992 I was lucky to have his collection of old Rugby League News programs passed down to me. One special issue among the piles of history was the Grand Final match day guide for 1967, the year we ended the St. George run of 11 titles on the trot and the year in...
  76. steve_mortimer

2008 - 100 years of League in Oz

It may seem like it is still a while away but 2008 will see 100 years of Rugby League in Australia. Here are some ideas i've had for the biggest season of Rugby League... Season to kick off on March 21st. Souths played a possibles V porbables match on this date in 1908, the first known game...
  77. steve_mortimer

BREAKING NEWS: Brisbane coaching staff

I just got a call from a mate who works for close connections of the Broncos and it will be announced in the next week or so that 3 major staff members will be sacked. These are members of the coaching staff. Anyone here know who, appart from Bennet is on the Brisbane coaching staff?
  78. steve_mortimer

Australian Tri-Nations Squad

Trent Barrett (St.George-Illawarra Dragons) Danny Buderus (Newcastle Knights) Petero Civoniceva (Brisbane Broncos) Matt Cooper (St.George-Illawarra Dragons) Craig Fitzgibbon (Sydney Roosters) Mark Gasnier (St.George-Illawarra Dragons) Craig Gower (Penrith Panthers) Nathan Hindmarsh...
  79. steve_mortimer

The rebirth of Sydney

Last night was a proud night for me. Not for the fact the Tigers won but simply another premier from Sydney. In 1996 John Ribot talked up the Super League idea which he stated numerous times that Sydney was only fit to house 3 or 4 clubs at most. He predicted the end of Sydney football in...
  80. steve_mortimer

Blokesworld Live

I just read through an interesting article on Blokeworld Live that is on in Brisbane this weekend... http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=201 I feel it is sad that this show has now been allowed to go ahead as there is nothing to be gained from shows like this. I was talking...
  81. steve_mortimer

Your 2005 predictions

Well, we are into a GF nobody would have picked at the season start and i was wondering what predictions you guys made that fell down or came up trumps. Here are a few of mine..... PREDICTIONS THAT CAME CLOSE TO TRUE.. Bulldogs to struggle is they lose early games. NSW to belt QLD once...
  82. steve_mortimer

Adopt a Dog

How about in 2006 each Bulldogs player is given the chance to be adopted by a club legend from the past. A selection of Bulldogs players pre-1990 could take on one of the clubs current players and perhaps take them under their wing on a regular basis and help them to discover the history of the...
  83. steve_mortimer

Would you sack Wayne Bennett?

This is the 4th year in a row Brisbane have died at the back end of the season. For many other clubs this effort 4 years running would mean an end to the coach. Brisbane don't look like winning today's game with 20 minutes left surely the powers that be at Brisbane must need to consider the...
  84. steve_mortimer

J-Lo pays tribute

I just down loaded some of the Fashion Rocks awards from NYC from Friday night and found a clip where J-Lo introduces David Bowie and had this to say about him.... "Right now i'm here as a fan. I'm honoured to introduce an artist that towers above the rest. He continues to make ground...
  85. steve_mortimer

2006 Supporters package!

For the very first Roosters home game of 2006 we should organise a Bulldogs supporters trip. Why do you ask? The first home game in 2006 for the Roosters we should get as many peeps as we can to buy up a bulk area of Aussie Stadium for the sole reason to watch Anasta in his first game for...
  86. steve_mortimer

To Every Member Here!

Cancel any other plans you have for tomorrow if you are not already going to the game. Call your friends, family and GET TO THE GAME! Cheer your Bulldogs home. Forget the past month and focus on a BIG win over Penrith. Please Dogs fans in Sydney get to the game and cheer hard and loud.
  87. steve_mortimer

Breaking News!

BREAKING NEWS: Manly have lost their last 3 against the Warriors at Brookvale and only have 1 win there back in 1996. Manly have not won in Canberra since 1995!!!!!! C'mon Dogs..how many chances do you lot need? The big question is will manly recover? Manly have lost 8 from their last...
  88. steve_mortimer

Sunday Blackout

Today in Brisbane we have BOTH radio networks covering the Brisbane V Penrith game, channel 9 is covering the same game and the match of the round btween Saints and Parra is a total blackout here in Brisbane today. I am always hearing Brisbane folk complaining because Sydney and Melbourne...
  89. steve_mortimer

The news next sunday

....Cronulla slumped to yet another defeat this afternoon in Newcastle to remain on 26 points. And rising from the grave are last years Premiers, the Bulldogs who sit 1 point adrift following a hard fought win over Penrith. Next weeks final round will be a big test for both teams with the...
  90. steve_mortimer

Dogs V Brisbane - finals week 1?

OK, i've come to the realisation that the Dogs will be a good chance of playing Brisbane in week 1 of the finals up here at Suncorp. Now I have a couple of Questions. Firstly do you think the media will jump on the game more so than normal as it was this last clash between these two that...
  91. steve_mortimer

Dogs and others run home

OK, here is the top 9 with 4 weeks to go... BRISBANE 34 PARRA 30 ST. GEORGE 28 TIGERS 28 COWBOYS 26 SHARKS 26 MANLY 26 STORM 24 Bulldogs 23 There are now only 4 sides we can overtake in the last month....Cowboys, Sharks, Manly...
  92. steve_mortimer

Bulldogs V News Ltd.

Last night I watched a very interesting doco called Outfoxed on DVD. It delves into the Murdoch empire sitting mainly at the table of News Ltd. talking candidly to former Fox News employees about how the organisation is run and what they do to get the ratings. The talking points I found...
  93. steve_mortimer

ABC takes swipe at Dogs

Just watching The Glass House on ABc and as part of the joke RE: PINK gym in Canada and breast feeding patrons. Anyhow, one of the hosts made a pretty low joke about woman at the Canterbury Bulldogs gym. Yet another low blow by a media member and on the good side the reaction from the...
  94. steve_mortimer

If the dogs lose next week....

I've just looked at a worst case result for the Dogs should they drop the Kingihts game (I'm sure they won't though)....anyways....if these results happen... KNIGHTS beat Dogs COWBOYS beat Dragons SHARKS beat Storm WARRIORS beat Eels CANBERRA beat Tigers ROOSTER beat Panthers MANLY beat...
  95. steve_mortimer

Vent your anger over Souths loss!

OK, I gotta say today's effort is not deserving of a team that is serious about winning the title this year. The players can make all the excuses they want but they SHOULD HAVE and MUST HAVE won today. To put in such a shocking performance against Souths is not acceptable. The Dogs simply...
  96. steve_mortimer

Under lights 2005 and next week.

With 6 of this years final series games ot be played under lights i'd thought i'd update you on how teams have gone under lights in 2005. I'll put the teams who have played the most under lights up top. I'll also include the win/loss records. Cowboys 13 - 9/4 Parramatta 11 -...
  97. steve_mortimer

Sportsworld

Steve Mortimer is about to be a guest on Sportsworld to chat about, well....the terror that spread through the crowd on Friday night. Jump on channel 7 now kids!
  98. steve_mortimer

Bulldogs and the refs?

Coming into the finals I thought i'd give you guys an idea of how we have performed in recent times under differant referees. So here it is, the last 10 results under the leading refs.... Steve Clark 8 WINS 2 Losses Tim Mander 7/3 Paul Simpkins 7/3 Sean Hampstead 4/6 Shane Hayne 7/2 + 1...
  99. steve_mortimer

Stats for tonight

Since 1995 this is the last 20 results against Brisbane... WLLLLLLWLLLLWDWLWWWL With Steve Clarke as referee we have never beaten Brisbane in 3 games. We have won 5 from the past 8 against them. When playing in the second half of the season we have won our last 4 against Brisbane...
  100. steve_mortimer

An Open request?

A few weeks ago I booked flights to Sydney for the game this week and had arranged to stay with a friend for a couple of nights. This accomodation has now fallen through and i'm in a bit of last minute hassle. I was wondering if anyone here might have a spare lounge room floor for a couple...