If the dogs lose next week....

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've just looked at a worst case result for the Dogs should they drop the Kingihts game (I'm sure they won't though)....anyways....if these results happen...

KNIGHTS beat Dogs
COWBOYS beat Dragons
SHARKS beat Storm
WARRIORS beat Eels
CANBERRA beat Tigers
ROOSTER beat Panthers
MANLY beat Brisbane

The table would be....

BRISBANE 34
EELS 28
COWBOYS 28
DRAGONS 26
TIGERS 26
SHARKS 26
MANLY 26
STORM 24

RAIDERS 24

Dogs 23
Roosters 22
Warriors 22

So I guess whilst a loss would not be the end it would put huge pressure into the last 4 rounds with big games against Parra, Tigers and Easts left.

My personal choices would be wins for St. George, Canberra, Eels, Brisbane, Sharks and Penrith. That would leave a TOP 8 something like this....

BRISBANE 36
EELS 30
SAINTS 28
COWBOYS 26
TIGERS 26
SHARKS 26
DOGS 25
STORM 24

MANLY 24
RAIDERS 24

So even if results do go our way there is still ALOT of pressure to keep winning. After yesterday i'm sure the lads are gonna pull out a cracker on Saturday night.

D

DoggFather

If there is a chance for us to get into the Top 8 we will lose IE Melbourne and Souths game.

D

DoggFather

The Chiwawas dont want to be in the Top 8.

I am not basing that on the losses to Melbourne and Souths, I am basing it on their performances where either they were to lazy/arrogant to win or just choked.

D

DoggFather

Go hang yourself, whoever is not upset/disgusted by the performance and wasted chance yesterday is just a bandwagoner.

True fans get upset/angry after crappy performances.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I took yesterdays loss really calmly for some reason. I know in my head our season won't come down to yesterdays loss.

But really we have to aim up every single week now if we are going to go back to back.

We have no more chances to put in a bad game and still expect to make the finals now. Just means more pressure for the boys, which in the past has usually resulted in them putting in awesome shows.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well....the cowboys wont beat st george, esoecially if we play like we did yesterday. so if that is of any consellation to you.
and yeah...true fans stick by their team. they get angry after a loss, and get shytfaced after a win. come on, ive stood by the cowboys since rd 12, 1995 when we lost our first game to you guys.
altho the doggies are losing at the wrong end of the season, the for and against still adds up. and besides, who says you are gonna lose next week anyway?

D

DoggFather

If we play like we did yesterday we will get f'ed sideways.

dog-gone girl

Waterboy
Reaction score
if we lose this week (i'm still in shock we lost last week) I will be looking forward to the 2006 season.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
it just seems that they dont want to play yesterday and yeah... they were very lazy

Therbs

Waterboy
Reaction score
We can lose one more, possibly two. I'd like to think we'd gotten rid of all the crap out of our system with yesterday's dismal showing. Johnstown won't be easy this week so the boys are going to need to fire up big time. Couldn't stand another display like yesterday's!

D

DoggFather

We have to win 4 of our 5 remaining game to be even a chance for the Top 8.

H

Hazmak

Why can't EVERYONE be a realist like Tank and I.

I have been called bandwagoner 14 times over 2 days...

at least if we plan for the worst we won't be dissapointed when the worst happens

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
steve_mortimer said:
I've just looked at a worst case result for the Dogs should they drop the Kingihts game (I'm sure they won't though)....anyways....if these results happen...

KNIGHTS beat Dogs
COWBOYS beat Dragons
SHARKS beat Storm
WARRIORS beat Eels
CANBERRA beat Tigers
ROOSTER beat Panthers
MANLY beat Brisbane

The table would be....

BRISBANE 34
EELS 28
COWBOYS 28
DRAGONS 26
TIGERS 26
SHARKS 26
MANLY 26
STORM 24

RAIDERS 24

Dogs 23
Roosters 22
Warriors 22

So I guess whilst a loss would not be the end it would put huge pressure into the last 4 rounds with big games against Parra, Tigers and Easts left.

My personal choices would be wins for St. George, Canberra, Eels, Brisbane, Sharks and Penrith. That would leave a TOP 8 something like this....

BRISBANE 36
EELS 30
SAINTS 28
COWBOYS 26
TIGERS 26
SHARKS 26
DOGS 25
STORM 24

MANLY 24
RAIDERS 24

So even if results do go our way there is still ALOT of pressure to keep winning. After yesterday i'm sure the lads are gonna pull out a cracker on Saturday night.
in my thread title "few joint articles about souths game" , wayne bennet indicates that the way the comp is going, 28pts will be enough for the 8.........so thats 3 out of next 5, 4 will guarantee us a spot above 8th

T

TdoggBulldog

FR3D57A said:
in my thread title "few joint articles about souths game" , wayne bennet indicates that the way the comp is going, 28pts will be enough for the 8.........so thats 3 out of next 5, 4 will guarantee us a spot above 8th

Bennet doesnt in any way influence how many points the cut of is... hes assuming 28 will be enough!! What if the comp suddenly changes how its going.. we must keep winning to be guaranteed that spot!

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
this is my theory

Bye
Round 15=win
Round 16=win
Round 17=lose

total:6 points

Round 18=win
Round 19=win
Round 20=win
Round 21=Lose

total:6 points

if my theory is correct we should win 4/5 next five games which brings our total to 31 points.

but on the other hand i dont want to get to convident
hopefully we can win this week because its not an easy game

unwrittenlaw

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
how can a few of yas call ya selfs bulldog fans when the our backs are against the wall. I know and have seen what the dogs are capable of so im not worried. I bet yas had a cry when we lost to the Cowboys in the semis last year too. I cant wait for the mighty doggies to come back and im sure they'll be tank and hazmark celebrating like they were behind them all the way.

T

TdoggBulldog

unwrittenlaw said:
how can a few of yas call ya selfs bulldog fans when the our backs are against the wall. I know and have seen what the dogs are capable of so im not worried. I bet yas had a cry when we lost to the Cowboys in the semis last year too. I cant wait for the mighty doggies to come back and im sure they'll be tank and hazmark celebrating like they were behind them all the way.

yes i had a cry when we lost to the cowboys!! and im behind my team 100%! By saying we cant make it if we keep losing does that make me not a true supporter??

W

Winston Smith

i agree with you tank - true fans DO get upset when their team loses games, especially the one that we should win, ffs folkes got angry and upset with his own team, why - me as a fan- am not allowed to get p1ssed off. agree with you tank 100%. whoever thinks that we should be upbeat and positive is a dumb-arse bandwagoner

Status
Not open for further replies.