Brisbane doesn't rate Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All week long the general public, media and hardened football fans have given Canterury no chance of getting close to the Brisbane Broncos in tonights blockbuster.

The mood is set in stone. Brisbane are too fast, too classy and too powerful for a Bulldogs side apparently not up to finals standards this season. So c'mon Bulldogs. Let's show those Brisbane bandwagon jumpers who the real deal is on 2006.

All week long we have been written off by a chronicly over arrogant Brisbane public and it pains me to see this. Tonight we will show them who the real football superpower is and we Bulldogs fans up here in QLD can give every bit back to them for days to come in the charge to our NRL title.

In all the time since I moved up here I have never seen such a cocky attitude by a Brisbane side and public.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Brisbane win one finals game in 4 years and they have the hide to comment about us .. who are currently 4 in a row .. haha .. i love it

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that isn't really accurate given that canterbury are favourites.. it might stand in QLD but not in NSW

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
Thats not true, at all! You might just be reading the media that suits your argument, but ive seen a hell of a lot of things that say we have to respect the dogs toherwise we'll lose. That the dogs are powerful and its anyones game.

Brisbane although dont like the dogs, still rate the team VERY highly, and are expecting htem to come out firing.

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
QLDGirl said:
Thats not true, at all! You might just be reading the media that suits your argument, but ive seen a hell of a lot of things that say we have to respect the dogs toherwise we'll lose.
If you have been out in Brisbane at the pubs..withthe cab drivers....talkback radio on 4BC, morning breakfast radio shows....as another example I wore my Dogs jersey to touch football on Monday and Wednesday night and both nights I was bombarded with arrogant attitudes from just about everyone.

It's not just a media thing QLDGirl, it is the QLD statewide thing. Having come from Sydney I can assure you QLD are the masters of bandwagon jumping. They don't like the label but it is a known fact from outsiders. Problem being Queenslanders don't think this themselves because they are too red necked and blinkered to notice any differant.

Just look at the QLD Roar. They are winning to they are getting support. Where are the Lions, Reds and Cowboys fans? In recent months you have heard nothing about them.

QLD more than any other Australian state can't handle losing.

PS: If you have been reading the Courier-Mail blog this week you would have seen the overwhelming arrogance from Brisbane fans. Also in the polls taken in the same paper. Only two weeks back they ran a poll asking who would win the comp between Brisbane and Canterbury..the result? 87% of fans voting said Brisbane were sure things and the Dogs were gone.

If you take your blinkers off you will see just how arrogant many of your supporters are.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
steve_mortimer said:
If you have been out in Brisbane at the pubs..withthe cab drivers....talkback radio on 4BC, morning breakfast radio shows....as another example I wore my Dogs jersey to touch football on Monday and Wednesday night and both nights I was bombarded with arrogant attitudes from just about everyone.

It's not just a media thing QLDGirl, it is the QLD statewide thing. Having come from Sydney I can assure you QLD are the masters of bandwagon jumping. They don't like the label but it is a known fact from outsiders. Problem being Queenslanders don't think this themselves because they are too red necked and blinkered to notice any differant.

Just look at the QLD Roar. They are winning to they are getting support. Where are the Lions, Reds and Cowboys fans? In recent months you have heard nothing about them.

QLD more than any other Australian state can't handle losing.

PS: If you have been reading the Courier-Mail blog this week you would have seen the overwhelming arrogance from Brisbane fans. Also in the polls taken in the same paper. Only two weeks back they ran a poll asking who would win the comp between Brisbane and Canterbury..the result? 87% of fans voting said Brisbane were sure things and the Dogs were gone.

If you take your blinkers off you will see just how arrogant many of your supporters are.
lol... What do you want us to do. Take a look around the KEnnel buddy... most of you guys are saying Brisbane have nothing at times, and you guys are going to inw... WHY? Because you are SUPPPORTING your team. You are having confidence.
Thats what we have. Big ****ing deal.

Of course you are going to get **** wearing your dogs jersey, what else to do you expect, a hug? The dogs aren't liked up here, DUH. They are respected though, we do recognise them as a great team, but people up here would like nothign more then to see us beat them and make the GF, hence hte confidence we need to win.

Um, whats with the soccer, I do believe we are talking NRL here, who givesa **** about QLD roar.

Oh ffs can you please move to Sydney already, if you dont like QLD, **** off, we dont need whingers like you up here.
We are not bandwagon supporters, we've stuck with Brisbane throughout this whole crap 4/5 years of losing finals. EVERY team has some bandwagon supporters sure, its not just Brisbane. So dont even give me that ****.

Of course 87% are going to say Brisabne will win. Its their team, what else are they going to say. They want them to win, they think they can because they have faith in their team. Im sure if the same poll was done for the Dogs, it wouldbe the result in the dogs favour. So dont even try that.

Your posts are laughable, they deal out the same old brisbane bashing ****. Get a new argument and life... away from QLD preferably!

And Yes ive listened to the radio and people from around, Im getting people saying Brisbane will win, but I expect that, they support Brisbane, but they still respect the dogs and are weary of them, and realise they could win.

QLD lke to win Yes. So does everyone else. But umm... QLD s.o.o have lost alot before this year, yet who was the state that got the sell out crowd? The lions fans were used to winning so much, that they fell hard, but there was that steady support of fans still, and yes the bandwagoners dropped off, but can happen to every team.
But Broncos, which is hte discussion here last time I checked, have always had a good support group. Alwyas had a great fan base.

Yes Im angry. :p

nutterx

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
well it is not too hard too see where brisbane's confidence comes from ....smashed us twice this year. Here is our record against the top 5 teams as it finished at round 26 ....played 7, won 1 lost 6. So 6 out of 8 loses this year where against top 5 teams. Sorry to bring negativity into the forum but facts r facts, we struggle against quality teams. The only team in the top 8 we had a good run against was the dragons.

*edit*
on the QLD thing, i live in QLD and these Qlanders r something of a different breed. They r not australian, they r Queenslanders. The most pathetic thing was when steve irwin tragically passed away. The news up here reported it as Queenslander Steve Irwin, not Australian steve Irwin. Besides he was born in VIC, typical idiot qld media.

yadav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
where do all these dopes keep coming up with the idea that brisbane are easy favourites
current sports tab odds
$1.90 each team
Brisbane was over $2 earlier in the week
im sick of all this bull**** talk about how great the doggies forward pack, every has been having a say on the game, how brisbane are arrogant, bla bla bla
just bring on kick off for ****s sake it cant come sooner

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Gilmeister says we are easybeats when we play brisbane because our style of play is too predictable...

****ing tosser

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
haha fire up qldgirl :grinning:

i can see where SM is coming from, but you cant lable all qlders bandwagoners and arrogant.

ive stuck with the broncos my whole life, and im sure there plenty of other fans who feel the same. i have more respect for the dogs than alot of other teams, whenever we play them i feel nervous cause they are such a great side. i wouldnt expect any great treatment wearing a broncos jersey down sydney, nor anyone giving the broncos a chance.

and its not just qlders who are bandwagoners, look at the roosters crowds, absoultly pathetic. suncorp staduim is always packed full of people, no matter how the broncs are going.

i hate fans like that too SM, but all teams have them, nothing we can do about it.

good luck to dogs tonight, hope its a great game.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
matt said:
haha fire up qldgirl :grinning:

i can see where SM is coming from, but you cant lable all qlders bandwagoners and arrogant.

Thats what I mean, not everyone in QLD is like that, and you can people like that EVERYWHERE.

Bulldogs50, Im bothering, because all SM does is bash Brisbane, and I stick up for my team, because thats what supporters do.

matt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i think the fact that qldgirl, myself and others are on a bulldogs forum showing you guys some respect is a sign that not all broncos fans are like that.

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
matt said:
i think the fact that qldgirl, myself and others are on a bulldogs forum showing you guys some respect is a sign that not all broncos fans are like that.
I've never said that all QLD'ers were that way..but a mojority are. QLDGirl doesn't understand because she is too young to understand said things.. no offence intended.

When Brisbane lose everyone bags 'em out..when they win???? Guess what. The same stuff happens with the Reds, Roar and Lions as well as the Cowboys depending on who wins and loses. Everyone wants to be a "proud"fan till they start losing.

QLDGirl..the same polls were saying Brisbane were no chance of winning the comp a few weeks ago and after the Saints game.

My original post was stating that nobody in Brisbane is not giving the Dogs a chance to win tonight. If you cannot see that than you need to open your eyes.

The Brisbane Broncos and the QRL have a long history of getting the raw deal from down south or so they beleive. They get rorted every time they lose an origin series, Brisbane don't get enough cap consessions, Australia never has enough QLD players in the team, grand finals should be played at Suncorp and not at night, Brisbane deserve more home finals..I could go on.

A strong majority of QLD'ers feel they are always getting the poor deal. All you have done is complain that I bash Brisbane all the time. You have no construction in the argument you bring to the table bar bad language and cheap insults.

Typical QLD response to most things.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
steve_mortimer said:
I've never said that all QLD'ers were that way..but a mojority are. QLDGirl doesn't understand because she is too young to understand said things.. no offence intended.

When Brisbane lose everyone bags 'em out..when they win???? Guess what. The same stuff happens with the Reds, Roar and Lions as well as the Cowboys all win. Everyone wants to be a "proud"fan till they start losing.

QLDGirl..the same polls were saying Brisbane were no chance of winning the comp a few weeks ago and after the Saints game.

My original post was stating that nobody in Brisbane is giving the Dogs a chance to win tonight. If you cannot see that than you need to open your eyes.

The Brisbane Broncos and the QRL have a long history of getting the raw deal from down south or so they beleive. They get rorted every time they lose an origin series, Brisbane don't get enough cap consessions, Australia never has enough QLD players in the team, grand finals should be played at Suncorp and not at night, Brisbane deserve more home finals..I could go on.

A strong majority of QLD'ers feel they are always getting the poor deal. All you have done is complain that I bash Brisbane all the time. You have no construction in the argument you bring to the table bar bad language and cheap insults.

Typical QLD response to most things.
Whats me being young got to do with this?

I brought bad language, which I dont usually do, because YOU bring the SAME argument all the time, and its getting fustrating and tiring.

You know what, Yeah we feel like we get the raw deal up here sometimes, but we've learnt to deal with it, we know RL is a NSW dominated game, and that is why we get so passionate about things.

No construction? Mate you bring enough evidence to the table yourself to supportt the brisbane bashing argument. Thats all you do. Every chance you get, you insult Brisbane and Qlders, and since I suport Brisbane and QLD, what do you expect me to do, take it and not defend it?

If you want to bring age into this, maybe you are too old fashioned and set in your ways to hate brisbane to realise that not all Qlders are bandwagon supporters, and that we have more genuine fans than most teams.

Ive already said, I know alot of people up here are saying Brisbane will win, what you dont seem to understand is why! Brisbane supporters always going into every game saying we will win, because we have faith, BUT, we respect the opposition, and we many people do believe the dogs can win tonight, Ive spoken to a great number of people about the game, and they believe its anyones game.

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For starters you don't read enough of my posts. There have been times I have said good things about Brisbane. Selective memory loss on ur part I guess.

Tradition is what makes rugby league so great. With no tradition and no history you simply don't have a game. Grand finals should always be in Sydney regardless of who is playing. The heart of the game is in Sydney despite what QLD says.

I think it is not cool that you turn this into a naff argument so I shall leave it at that. Just remember one thing....

When Brisbane lose tonight let us see who wants to talk about it tomorrow? I can assure you QLD'ers will brush it off rather quickly.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
steve_mortimer said:
For startes you don't read enough of my posts. there have been times I have said good things about Brisbane. Selective memory loss on ur part I guess.

Tradition is what makes rugby league so great. With no tradition and no history you simply don't have a game. Grand finals should always be in Sydney regardless of who is playing. The heart of the game is in Sydney despite what QLD say.

I think it is not cool that you turn this into a naff argument so I shallleave it atthat. Just remember one thing....

When Brisbane lose tonight let us see who wants to talk about it tomorrow? I can assure you QLD'ers will brush it off rather quickly.
Not selective memory. I have good memory, Im young remember ;)
There are FAR more BAD posts then good.

I didnt say anything about whether GF should be in Sydney or not. I never questioned any of that. SO ... next.

I can assure you if Brisbane lose tonight, people up here will be very dissapointed. It'll feel like yet another finals loss, but theres still RLto be played, we'll bevery into that. But we wont forget our team if we lose tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.