Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hes a good player. Never rater him before buy he's good. Didn't have a good game last night but that's Origin. He will churn out a million metres and make a million tackles and put offloads in club land, and that's where we have him.

Last night was just the haters wet dream lol. Theyve been waiting for this. Because when he signed with us he ran over 2oo metres and we lost so they have been quite hehe.
Yep. He's a solid workhorse. As long as he's not playing 80 minutes. Daley actually uses him well. He starts and tires out the forwards, then Klemmer comes on against tired forwards and make the metres, then Woods comes on at the end of the game to cause trouble.

It has worked well for years and worked well in game 1 and 2. When he came back on for game 3 he played below average, but that was after the game had turned back towards Queensland.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A good player with a great offload but was terrible last night

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sure Queensland ambushed them but he played like he didn't want to be there last night. The lack of effort on some plays was frightening. It's only an origin decider. Don't worry about playing as if you're life depends on it....

This is why you don't give a desperate coach a new deal and an open cheque book. All they do is make a bad situation worse.

Woods is solid but we never needed and still don't need another prop. And we bought Foran about five years too late way past his best.

As I keep saying, Hasler keeps setting the club back years and years the longer he stays. The fans at least deserve an explanation as to where Tolman, Graham, Woods and Klemmer will play next season.
Our best prop plays lock so he signs another prop? The guy is insane.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Woods plodded, but so did most of the nsw team (incl slow poke brett morris). Hard to judge.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Honestly im not saying this to wind you guys up because ive always disliked the bearded lady but he was a disgrace tonight.
He was walking around in back play like it was a club game that meant nothing
Thanks for taking what Gould said and repeating it LMFAO!

The whole NSW team were disappointing and lacked energy except for a 5-10 minute burst after the Dugan try... Shocking!

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Sure Queensland ambushed them but he played like he didn't want to be there last night. The lack of effort on some plays was frightening. It's only an origin decider. Don't worry about playing as if you're life depends on it....
Crazy aye... The biggest Origin game in recent memory and basically all the NSW players didn't look interested!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Crazy aye... The biggest Origin game in recent memory and basically all the NSW players didn't look interested!!
I know man. They just lack the belief and mentality. Queensland keep turning up in numbers play after play. NSW switch off after a few plays.

Qld were hitting so hard in every tackle and trying to run through walls on every run. Fifita and Woods thought it was club training and acted like they didn't expect Qld to come out firing.

NSW are just so soft mentally. Any adversity and they start having flashbacks and nightmares and go back into their shell.

Only Frizell stood up lead by example and played as if his life depended on it. A few others tried hard but none had that do or die attitude like he did.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling that Canterbury will regret forking out 800K a season for Woods.
It's not rocket science! The Dogs can't score points. Woods was not the answer .

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch his first two performances in the series, played unreal. Why does everyone have to judge a players ability on one game of football? everyone did the same thing with frawley

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can just see him and Klem frustrating the fuck out of me next year. They both take an eternity to play the ball. Klem tries to milk a penalty every hit up. Just get the fuck up and play the damn ball

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tedesco, Gagai, Holmes, Jack Bird, Dugan, Feldt, Roberts, Cronk, Maloney - players who were on the open market this year along with players looking to leave for bigger money.

Dogs end up with Foran and Woods. What a fucken disgrace

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watch his first two performances in the series, played unreal. Why does everyone have to judge a players ability on one game of football? everyone did the same thing with frawley
You have a point but the lack of effort last night was concerning.

Also I don't think many are questioning how good a player Woods is. He's easily a top 10 prop in the NRL but a lot of us are questioning why he was signed when we still don't have a fullback or someone to partner foran?

We probably could have signed Connor Watson AND Te Maire Martin for a bit more than what Woods will cost and that would give us a way better balance.

The last thing we need is another prop. How the club signs off on these deals Hasler demands is beyond me.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He is so fucking slow and lazy. He isn't a big money forward at all. Also shits me when he just stands in the tackle forever and lets the defensive line set.

If we are paying anywhere near the reported salary for him then we are absolutely fucked. Graham, Tolman and Woods will be the fucking slowest middle combo in NRL history.

Malla

Reaction score
It's just his defence that worries me. Has a tendency to get really lazy and give up on plays. Has a history of this too..

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't want to point out people in nsw as we are just a joke of a team... but is anyone else worried about signing this tall lazy prick? Yes his got a motor bla bla bla but his nothing better then what we have. His tall, slow and has 1 good game from 10.... I hope I eat my words next year but why can I see this being another trex signing with so called so much potential and not delivering?
I think you are a bit harsh on your early judgement Mate!! yes he is tall TF for that, difficult to put on the ground, has a great off load, is consistent, plays for NSW, Plays for Australia and I don't think he is lazy at all.
You will be eating your words next year!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wayne after having him at Parra and being very aware of a few things he was up to behind the scenes, he will be your worst nightmare, on his best day he can be very good but those days are over, hes heavily medicated and stated that, got chronic long term injuries, massive personal and mental dramas, substance issues, gambling issues, seriously there is nothing surer than he will be your biggest nightmare.
Just have a look at him at the warriors, useless.
I was so excited when he came to parra, i was pushing for him to be sacked half way into the season, hes beyond a joke.
Your hate is blinding your judgement Dude!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you can be that lazy in an origin match how bad is he going to be at the dogs with our current coach???? I was 5rows from the side line last night and you could hear Dilan napa smashing the fuck out of him and Fifita over the roar of 52k QLD supporters and they both rolled over like pups woods is going to be a disaster for the us

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
On a brighter note klemmer was NSW best forward by a fucking mile

Status
Not open for further replies.