Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Dogs could of had Gagai & Roberts for the price of Woods!!

What do we currently require? Speed, youth and power or another prop?
Two things, do either of them want to play for us and two who has Roberts signed for. Last I heard he was still negotiating.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Omg did you just make up some stats? Lol
Lol I didn't but they were game 2 which was printed in an article today... You'd think when google SOO 2017 game 3 they would give u the right stats.

Just had a look at last nights stats... Klemmer did have a cracker compared to Woods but Its still difficult to compare starting props to the bench. If you consider both starting props had a tough night you can only imagine how hard it was to start the game.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was a soggy performance from woods last night. soggy defence on the inside, they were cut up the middle all night.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Brett Saved 2 tries but, had limited opportunities unfortunately however, no mistakes! Klemmer was the best in the NSW team by far according to the stats on the NRL APP.
Did you listen to the game on radio or something did you?
Nice try Brett.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll wait and judge Woods on what he does in a dogs jersey. I honestly questioned why we signed him at first, but writing him off as a bad signing this early is pretty unfair. He's earned his reputation in an understrength forward pack at the tigers. He's consistently been picked for Australian rep sides and hopefully he strives to stand out week after week in a side where he'll have less need to be the leader of the pack every week. When he has to carry less of the load he may well add intensity to his game here. Only time will tell.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll wait and judge Woods on what he does in a dogs jersey. I honestly questioned why we signed him at first, but writing him off as a bad signing this early is pretty unfair. He's earned his reputation in an understrength forward pack at the tigers. He's consistently been picked for Australian rep sides and hopefully he strives to stand out week after week in a side where he'll have less need to be the leader of the pack every week. When he has to carry less of the load he may well add intensity to his game here. Only time will tell.
Don't worry Alan, like most things on here it is just a means to set up the conversation for the next 3 years about how bad a decision it was to recruit Woods every time he drops a ball while playing for us. Unless of course Hasler goes and in which case he will be better than Graham ever was because the new coach found the key to getting him to play. Ultimately every thread on here is about Hasler.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My mate (non Dogs fan) but big Blues emailed me with a subject line today 'bro Woods is a dud signing ' lol

I didn't even read the body of the email just replied saying 'yup'

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you can be that lazy in an origin match how bad is he going to be at the dogs with our current coach???? I was 5rows from the side line last night and you could hear Dilan napa smashing the fuck out of him and Fifita over the roar of 52k QLD supporters and they both rolled over like pups woods is going to be a disaster for the us
I hope you're wrong. I wouldn't feed Woods-stupid signing.
With one more season, SOO and a full off season Napa is going to be a beast next year.

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Should have thrown Matt Scott an offer. Woods is a disaster.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope you're wrong. I wouldn't feed Woods-stupid signing.
With one more season, SOO and a full off season Napa is going to be a beast next year.
I hope I'm wrong to mate and after watching napa dominate woods and Fifita at Suncorp the other night it's pretty safe to say he's a fuking beast now!! I could hear his hits over 52k screaming fellow Queenslanders lol

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Should have thrown Matt Scott an offer. Woods is a disaster.
Don't agree. I just don't feel we actually needed another prop in the first place. A prop coming off an ACL isn't a great idea though as good as Scott has been in the past.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is one of the mosrt disgusting signings we've made.

1mil for a fucking power walker.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is one of the mosrt disgusting signings we've made.

1mil for a fucking power walker.
The only club that has confirmed they're paying any player 1 million per season as far as I recall are the Cowboys who defended the decision to secure Taumalolo on a ten year deal worth a million per season.

Assertions that Woods is to be paid a million per season are speculation. I wouldn't say he's a powerwalker. The simple fact in play here is that people want reasons to hate the club for a recent lack of premierships. Makes no sense to start digging the boot into a player because he chose to sign with us.

TopDog91

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't understand all the hate about Woods. He's a consistent forward who churns out good meters, attracts a lot of defenders and can get an arm free. He got dominated in origin 3 but so did ALL the nsw forwards including Fifita. People need to stop getting on the hate bandwagon. He's a good forward and I think he'll prove a lot of people wrong at the dogs next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.