Opinion Which coach would you of wanted

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ted Lasso! scary part is he probably would do a better job than some of the coaches we have had over the last few years. I am not saying Ciraldo is no good as he has a only got a reserve grade squad at the moment but that can change

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
David Holland would have been my pick.

Imagine his tactics…. All in riddles, would easily fool our halfwit players as well as the opposition

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ciraldo's fine. He's inexperienced but he's got a good head on his shoulders and he'll improve as he goes. There's a balance that needs to be struck, especially as a new coach, when it comes to how ruthless you can be. For every person saying "Drop this ****, drop that ****," there'd be a media pundit criticising him for "not giving them a chance to gel." He dropped Flanno, he dropped Casey. He's willing to drop, based on performance but he's also likely aware of the fact that we don't have the cattle right now. We don't just have a couple of NRL level props and a proven, game winning, NRL level halfback biding their time in NSW Cup like everyone seems to think.

Bennett has done really well with the Phins but it's HIS team. He hand picked every player. That's a BIG difference between them and us right now. He has a hard nosed forward pack. We have a bunch of Tickle-Me-Elmos up front. Bennett is also a couple of years away from retiring and we'd be back to square 1 again. Last thing this club needs is another band-aid solution. Would likely have never seen eye to eye with Gus, either.
Flanagan would have kept Kyle around. Also, he's a former drug cheat. I'm sure he's learned his lesson and done his time but, from a PR standpoint, hiring him for the top job is going to attract all the wrong sort of attention. There's good reason he's not at the top of the discussion for the Dragons role.

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shane Flanagan purely based on getting results/team performance. People can say he's a cheat/cheated, but he's also a winner. I never would of got rid of Des either, especially for someone like Dean Pay. That was the beginning of being in the hole.
I agree we should have tried Flanagan. He's been there, done that. He wouldn't be frightened to tell underperforming players how it really is. Flano has won a comp. That brings a certain level of respect with players at the start at least. Ciraldo seems to have a problem even selecting the right players and with his bench. I can't agree on Hasler though. He needed to go much earlier. He'd lost the dressing room long before he went. Our games under him near the end were unwatchable. He f..ked our cap also remember.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree we should have tried Flanagan. He's been there, done that. He wouldn't be frightened to tell underperforming players how it really is. Ciraldo seems to have a problem even selecting the right players and with his bench. I can't agree on Hasler though. He needed to go much earlier. He'd lost the dressing room long before he went. Our games under him near the end were unwatchable. He f..ked our cap also remember.
Honestly wild anyone thinks Des should have stayed. He fucked us over by desperately trying to buy a premiership. We were paying for his mistakes long after he was gone.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we have at least 3 years of poor performance with a good squad then I would call for a change but until then, this is the usual little bitches whining that we are not winning every game by 20+

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Honestly wild anyone thinks Des should have stayed. He fucked us over by desperately trying to buy a premiership. We were paying for his mistakes long after he was gone.
Dib and Castle are at fault (for being over the cap, can blame Des for recruiting/letting go X player). Des > Pay is the reason why I signed up to these forums. It was a terrible decision.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dib and Castle are at fault (for being over the cap, can blame Des for recruiting/letting go X player). Des > Pay is the reason why I signed up to these forums. It was a terrible decision.
Which was the terrible decision, getting rid of Des for Pay or signing up to the forum? :P

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Which was the terrible decision, getting rid of Des for Pay or signing up to the forum? :P
Well I do spend too much time here :P

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My opinion I would of got Jim Dymock reason why is simple he wasn’t afraid dropping players on performance he didn’t have his favourite players he has bulldogs DNA and also in end of 2011 he won us 6 out of our 8 games while coaching us.

Who’s your picks ??
Worse coach in history his record speaks for itself

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His press conferences. From the early rounds he's been big on accountability and never made excuses, wether that be with the quality of squad or referees.

He knows what's required and he isn't throwing people under the bus like Barrett did. Essentially hes playing the long game and deserves patience from fans imo.
Press conferences!? I couldn’t give a fuck what any coach says in the media. I’m talking what about his actual coaching credentials/abilities are you sold on?

Our fans thought Barrett was brilliant in his media work for the first half of his time here too lol look how that turned out

I guess I’m just struggling to come to terms with how we ended Up with an unproven coach to such a huge contract. Bennett is prob on comparable money at the dolphins ffs

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sick of the talk about Flanagan. He had a fkn amazing 17 pumped up on PEDs and Ciro has this pile of shit list. It’s not the coach
Please.
He took a spoon team, recruited very astutely and got them a comp.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He did…, and they literally got done for cheating the cap and injecting players. Fuck off Nasheed
They weren't cheating the cap when they won the comp otherwise they would of had their title stripped.