Opinion Where are we finishing next year poll!

Where are we finishing next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually ill be happy if i can get excited about the dogs again, this is all i ask

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
our squad will be thinner next year.

we are more of a chance of getting the spoon in 2018

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt we will make the 8 in 2019.
The Morris boys leaving will weaken our defence.
Foran is a total unknown in terms of his body, I was a big supporter of him coming to the dogs but have to face facts his body is shot, doubtful he will be fit all season.
Lichaa!! Is he at the club next season or not? If he is and is the starting 9 that's no good, not good and forget the 8.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The weakest positions are centre and fullback. Meaney looks OK for fullback, but we really need a good defensive centre.
Euen Aitken would fit the bill.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Lichaa (just like this year) we'd/ll be more competitive. Hovering around the eight.

IF we get Seggy, Oates, Barba, Tapau Top 4 real chance.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holding my judgement as we finished off last season in a similar way.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't see how we can make the 8 next season, we don't have the squad for it yet. I think we can be competitive and give a good account of ourselves but i think the top 8 is a bit far off yet.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not playing the "where do you think we will finish next year" game anymore. Too unpredictable, with injuries, sackings, poaching, and referees all in the mix.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Lewis guides our team around the park like every game he has done so far who knows if we get seggy & a good back top 8 or even better
Lewis will be targeted next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see some thug put him out for a while with a late and dangerous hit.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I still don't think we'll have what it takes to be in the top 8 however we'll be an improvement on this year.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Holland is a star of the future. He's strong and fast - and can kick.
I have never been a fan of holland. I never thought he offered that much. But respect where respect is due. He has more then held his own this year when he has been thrown in the deep end in multiple positions.
He is not a big powerful centre like the majority of centres these days, but he is first grade standard.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Positions 7 to 13 is a log jam and we will likely be in that mix next year - We will miss the Morris twins I feel but there is some good signs of improvement. I like Lewis but it worries me how much tackling he is doing. I hope he doesn't get hurt.
May end like Maloney and Foran playing busted which will make him inconsistent. A big hope is he becomes like Thurston with plenty tenacity and will be able to handle the riggers of NRL

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still waiting for all the Pay haters to come out and say "If Pay is still the coach then we'll miss the eight again"

Come on, where are you knuckle heads? You know who you are

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the beginning of the year most of the experts had us finshing around 13th place where we currently sit. Given all of the injuries, poor refereeing decisions and players being moved along with us affectively playing well under the cap, i think we have actually not been too bad this year. We have been pretty competitive in most games with only a few big blow outs, and this is evidenced by the amount of games we have lost by 6 points or less.
I think we are actually playing some pretty good football of late, and a few players like lewis especially have really stood up.
After getting rid of Mbye and Woods i think most people expected us to be even less competitive, but our team cohesion and spirit has actually lifte. With a few new signings and our troops back on deck, and of course another full offseason with Pay there is no reason why we can not be a lot more competitive next year, and i really think we can push for the 8.