Opinion Where are we finishing next year poll!

Where are we finishing next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can thank Dean Pay for how tight knit the group is.
Why do you think I love the bloke, because he knows what the club is all about.
He hasn't got the "It's All Me" attitude and the arrogance of Des Hasler.
He works with the whole football department.
He would of been heavily involved with the decision to let Mbye and Woods go, he would of gotten the opinions of Chris Anderson, Baa, his own coaching stuff as a collaborative decision, not just his own.
This guy puts the club first and will do whatever it takes to make the dogs great again, you can just tell, you can see it, just watch the presser and tell me the boys don't look up to him and respect him.
As the old expression goes "A champion team will always beat a team of champions".
This is why pay is a great fit for the club. You can already see the teams desire and commitment to eachother and the jersey showing in the back end of the season. It looks like the whole team is coming on board just like you said.
Im looking forward to the future. Fuck all the pay haters on here.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm one of the pay critics, I still think he has a long way to go before being considered a decent coach, especially his rotations and attacking tactics, personally I'm not sold. In saying that, I'm not going to bash the guy on here anymore, he's our coach and I'm going to get behind him and hope that he develops an attractive brand of footy and comes into his own as a coach. We have looked better this year compared to years of torcher that was desball, (barring a few games) no doubt about that. But I think the way some people are going on like pay is some sort of messiah in his first year just because he's a former player is a bit much imo

Last edited:

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the old expression goes "A champion team will always beat a team of champions".
This is why pay is a great fit for the club. You can already see the teams desire and commitment to eachother and the jersey showing in the back end of the season. It looks like the whole team is coming on board just like you said.
Im looking forward to the future. Fuck all the pay haters on here.
Yeah always found people rise up against talent , but the talented ones in the gym didn’t always beat the average joes in the ring, you can’t teach heart, hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard . I’m a bit of a skeptic for saying this but the mental side of things can win ! Life’s a game of dos not donts

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2019 - 9th-13th
2020 - 4th - 8th
2021 - Premiers

Hope this helps

Do you want Foran in your team ?
Yes []
No []
Maybe []

Please tick box and reply

Xoxo gossip bricktamland

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Finishing 5-6 and going to be the first team to win the fucking lot from outside top 4

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we are on the cusp of the 8 by round 20 it’s a win. Following year we MUST be top 6 or re-evaluate the decision makers.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've been impressed at how this year has progressed and the sheer talent that has been awoken. The likes of Lewis, Martin the 99% goal kicker, Remis smith and even holland have really ignited this side. Adding a hooker such as seggy, a solid back and maybe a five eight will make this side a potential top 4 threat if we can fire up.
We are still recruiting, Isaac Luke and Tyrell Fuimaono are linked.

Now the questions comes across are we capable of making the finals? Are we capable of being a threat?

The answer is up to you....
We are still recruiting so will see who we get first. M
I've been impressed at how this year has progressed and the sheer talent that has been awoken. The likes of Lewis, Martin the 99% goal kicker, Remis smith and even holland have really ignited this side. Adding a hooker such as seggy, a solid back and maybe a five eight will make this side a potential top 4 threat if we can fire up.

Now the questions comes across are we capable of making the finals? Are we capable of being a threat?

The answer is up to you....

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I voted refs choice......just to be different :grinning:
Well you arent too wrong. If a few calls went our way this year, we would have 4-6 more points (Rabbitos game, first Broncos game for example)

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos and souths will not win it next year. The coaching circus is a mess. Too much of a distraction i would say for the players.

Shaun johnson’s effect on warriors and val holmes’ on sharks have been distracting.

Roosters are hung over.

Meanwhile the dogs have sorted out the klemmer situation really well. Napa has come in and has looked motivated. The players havent appeared to be to too distracted. The dogs should be a surprise pack next year.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we can win the comp Steve Bradbury style.. we just need 10-15 other teams in breach of the cap or having an injury crisis..

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Id say between 8-10. Hopefully we can finish off a few more close ones next year.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Last season the Warriors made the 8 with less than 3 points per game better than us on for and against, Saints were less than an unconverted try better, Penrith and Brisbane were less than a converted try better. If we had won half of the games we lost by 6 points or less we would have made the 8. If next season works out the same, the same defensive result plus 1 extra converted try per game gets us in the top five.

Go Dogs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Top 8 is always par for the course

If Pay can’t get us there or at least have us playing attractive footy and competing then move him on

I’m reality I think we should finish 10th-13th

Our spine is probably the worst in the comp and outside backs lack genuine pace

Our depth in the spine and outside backs is thin

Only our pack gives me hope

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our backs, particularly defensively, are a massive concern. The Morris twins departure will be noticeable. Lichaa/JMK, a dubious Foran, an aging FB who lacks speed & a kid who has talent but ihasnt played 10 games of NRL yet. Our spine is the worst of any roster. Sadly I expect us around 12 to 14 mainly because some teams will tank around disharmony in the player ranks as new coaches try to change rosters.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last season the Warriors made the 8 with less than 3 points per game better than us on for and against, Saints were less than an unconverted try better, Penrith and Brisbane were less than a converted try better. If we had won half of the games we lost by 6 points or less we would have made the 8. If next season works out the same, the same defensive result plus 1 extra converted try per game gets us in the top five.

Go Dogs
like your work, Squire