What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've started watching Squid Game. 2 Eps down. I've been really leg down by Korean shows before but this one Is out there.

Best watched in Korean with subs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
For any fans of The Boys, you should watch "The Boys Presents: Diabolical" on Amazon Prime Video.

Each episode is its own short story set in The Boys universe. The first episode is a recreation of a Loony Toons classic cartoon except with extreme amounts of violence.
Do they look like the comics or based them off the show? Any spoilers also? I got spoiled with the Black Noir thing and that wasn't very cool..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I've started watching Squid Game. 2 Eps down. I've been really leg down by Korean shows before but this one Is out there.

Best watched in Korean with subs.
Watching dubbed ruins the immersion imo, have to stick the the native language and use subs. I've watched some really weird foreign shows/movies...I also might've watched some random K drama one night and it's already fucking weird/shit enough as it is, can't even imagine how much worse it would be in English.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching dubbed ruins the immersion imo, have to stick the the native language and use subs. I've watched some really weird foreign shows/movies...I also might've watched some random K drama one night and it's already fucking weird/shit enough as it is, can't even imagine how much worse it would be in English.
I saw first 5 mins in English as Netflix originally defaulted to it and it just wasn't right.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Starts late April.
We"re starting to see a bit more dilution of new shows across Stan, Netflix, Paramount, Amazon, Disney etc. I want to see the final season of Better Call Saul, but it's on Stan (so maybe another fake email address for a free trial and binge it over a couple of weeks).

Peaky fookin Blinders final season starts soon on Netflix.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We"re starting to see a bit more dilution of new shows across Stan, Netflix, Paramount, Amazon, Disney etc. I want to see the final season of Better Call Saul, but it's on Stan (so maybe another fake email address for a free trial and binge it over a couple of weeks).

Peaky fookin Blinders final season starts soon on Netflix.
Really looking forward to the final season of Better Call Saul. We are currently re-watching 'Justified', then once that's done, we're gonna watch Better Call Saul from the start. I like Peaky Blinders too but I'm way behind. I haven't seen the last few seasons.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do they look like the comics or based them off the show? Any spoilers also? I got spoiled with the Black Noir thing and that wasn't very cool..
They look like the comics. Hewie in the comics was based on Simon Peg. In the show he still looks like Simon Peg and is voiced by Simon Peg.

Haven't seen any spoilers. It's mainly just short stories in the Universe of the Boys.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can recommend Black Sands on SBS.
It's Scandi noir so subtitles apply(I don't mind this, makes you watch more intently), pretty damn good show I thought.
Sex, more than a bit of Taboo, good twists, even a kinky copper and some pretty good acting, it has almost everything :laughing:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone on here ever tried Hulu??
Yeah. I had it for a while but I had to use a workaround to get it working and they've now blocked that workaround.

There is another way to do it but it requires buying marked up gift cards, and I didn't watch it enough to care.

There's some good stuff but most of the shows are on other Australian streaming services.

Gunnasmc

Waterboy
Reaction score
Really enjoying 1883 watched ep 9 last night
Hesitant to watch ep 10 though as I know it’s going to be sad

Reaction score
Yeah. I had it for a while but I had to use a workaround to get it working and they've now blocked that workaround.

There is another way to do it but it requires buying marked up gift cards, and I didn't watch it enough to care.

There's some good stuff but most of the shows are on other Australian streaming services.
you can get it on ps4 or ps5 easily enough, this is a grab from one of my ps4 accounts

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
you can get it on ps4 or ps5 easily enough, this is a grab from one of my ps4 accounts

How do you pay for it?

I have the app on several devices but can't pay for it. Originally you could trick it with an Amex but when my Amex expired, I couldn't get the new one to register because Amex now attaches billing country. When Hulu detects this it doesn't let you register the new card.

Reaction score
i set up the address as my old address in america, works well the playstation seems to think it's in america, the ps store, menu's etc are different, netflix is different, etc

for some reason if i log into the account on ps5 it still has the US interface but will only play free content, but on my old ps4 it works