Trent Hodkinson 2015 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club was hoping the stemcells would do the trick and unfortunately it has failed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree with most of this except for Kas.

He has played quiet well and your hate for him is a bit obvious.

He has offered a fair bit and his suspension is an absolute joke. You say he is injured though he still played and I'd back him to be playing now if he wasn't suspended for non sense.

I really don't even think Foran would be the game breaker for us. I'm sure every club would say the same thing but I'd give about 2-3 top players for JT.
Kasiano is a luxury (at times) that we don't need. Id much rather play Perret ahead of him and put the the money towards a half.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Frawley cannot and will not be any worse than Hodkinson.

Des should suck his pride and make critical changes for the future of this team. Heck every young pup must start off somewhere in first grade.

We have got players like Perrett who is off contract and you do not hear a whisper from him through the media about how much he wants, how much of a paycut he will take, etc, etc. Hodkinson should not be doing this at this time of the year, if anything keep it behind closed doors.yes, it's his manager but all Hodkinson has to say to him is behind closed doors Oary. Very unprofessional.

P.s I hope we re-sign Sammy Perrett
Frawley is hungry for FG while TH thinks he is Gods gift to league because he fluked a try in Origin a year ago.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Obviously Des was wrong.

Cue the red thumbs for not liking Dessie's butthole....
Des has made plenty mistakes yet most on here think everything he does is perfect...

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did anyone just see that simple kick from JT for the try? How hard is it for us to do something like this for Rona ffs.
Extremely hard. JT doesn't play for us and our halfback is shithouse.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Perhaps, though in my opinion it's more like Foran took mega bucks and wanted to be with Choc and Arthur.

Sezer was likely never an option due to the way he left.

DCE took MEGA bucks and likely hates us as he is butt buddys with Barba and of cause he is rumoured to dislike Des.

A Reynolds, Keary were never leaving Souths.

Maloney/Sandow/Norman are yet to re-sign and we may of showed interest though out of them only Maloney is really any good and even he is likely to ask mega bucks and is a defensive turnstile.

It just makes you think how lucky some clubs are to have JT/Cronk etc though with that said even JT hasn't got his team over the line while he has had quality around. Des has done very well to get us to grand finals and it is really on the back of our pack and the odd gun back.
we have players and a head coach that will get us to the finals and even a grand final. But they won't win us a comp. we need 1 really good half or 5/8 to do that.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
There is a reason Wayne Bennett is signing and re-signing all these small,quick,skillfull halves and outside backs. You can bet your last dollar the interchange will be reduced from 10 to 6 next year
the idea of bennett too probably, isn't he a part of the rules committee?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the idea of bennett too probably, isn't he a part of the rules committee?
Maybe Bennett is thinking ahead. you set your roster for the next 3-4 years right? the lessened interchange may not happen next year, but the NRL could be signalling this, so as to make the change as smooth as possible!

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Maybe Bennett is thinking ahead. you set your roster for the next 3-4 years right? the lessened interchange may not happen next year, but the NRL could be signalling this, so as to make the change as smooth as possible!
nah man what i am suggesting is bennett noticed the attributes of his roster then as he is a part of the rules committee, subtly suggested a change that "just happened" to be very beneficial to it

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
whats gonna happen on here when the dogs announce that he has signed for another 3 years at 700k lol

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I believe that Des has made some very rare mistakes however, I will still back him 100%

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
here's all Hodko's touches in the Saints game......impressive stuff from him, surely Des will be impressed

[video=youtube;P4yGiWw3DxI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4yGiWw3DxI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
here's all Hodko's touches in the Saints game......impressive stuff from him, surely Des will be impressed

[video=youtube;P4yGiWw3DxI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4yGiWw3DxI&feature=youtu.be[/video]
what a joke

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Man he just passed it every time he got it...

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Far out even his backers are bagging him lol.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He is being restricted by our 'game plan'.

Running on 5th tackle is not something he does. It's a clear instruction from Des. Mbye was doing it too.

His kicking game wasn't that bad.. again, under clear instructions from Des.

He isn't a flashy player. Never has been. Never will be. When he wins the game from his boot or makes a try saving tackle or scores the try that wins SOO and a 8 year drought and you're cheering then we will talk.

Give the guy a break. It's 5 rounds in and he hardly had a pre-season. He is not the reason we lost ysterday. Some great Dragons defence and our piss weak defence is why we lost.

Defence wins matches. We pride ourselves on that. Yesterday there was no effort in defence. Our middle defence was stuffed without Graham. The combo of Thompson and Stanley was awful.

You're all quick to jump off the team when we're losing and crticicise but I want to see you lot when we win the GF.
Oh my god.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow, just wow. So many poor options.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is being restricted by our 'game plan'.

Running on 5th tackle is not something he does. It's a clear instruction from Des. Mbye was doing it too.

His kicking game wasn't that bad.. again, under clear instructions from Des.

He isn't a flashy player. Never has been. Never will be. When he wins the game from his boot or makes a try saving tackle or scores the try that wins SOO and a 8 year drought and you're cheering then we will talk.

Give the guy a break. It's 5 rounds in and he hardly had a pre-season. He is not the reason we lost ysterday. Some great Dragons defence and our piss weak defence is why we lost.

Defence wins matches. We pride ourselves on that. Yesterday there was no effort in defence. Our middle defence was stuffed without Graham. The combo of Thompson and Stanley was awful.

You're all quick to jump off the team when we're losing and crticicise but I want to see you lot when we win the GF.
Can we please get something straight. Trent Hodkinson (nor Josh Reynolds) won or helped in any significant way win NSW the SOO last year. They were passengers on a ride behind Jarryd Hayne. Yes they kicked and passed and Trent might have score the winning try, but he did not win NSW the SOO. Similar to when the bulldogs made the GF in 2012, that was predominantly off the back of Ben Barba and last year off the back of our Forwards and some luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.