Trent Hodkinson 2015 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Can we please get something straight. Trent Hodkinson (nor Josh Reynolds) won or helped in any significant way win NSW the SOO last year. They were passengers on a ride behind Jarryd Hayne. Yes they kicked and passed and Trent might have score the winning try, but he did not win NSW the SOO. Similar to when the bulldogs made the GF in 2012, that was predominantly off the back of Ben Barba and last year off the back of our Forwards and some luck.
give this man a thumbs up :thumb:

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we please get something straight. Trent Hodkinson (nor Josh Reynolds) won or helped in any significant way win NSW the SOO last year. They were passengers on a ride behind Jarryd Hayne. Yes they kicked and passed and Trent might have score the winning try, but he did not win NSW the SOO. Similar to when the bulldogs made the GF in 2012, that was predominantly off the back of Ben Barba and last year off the back of our Forwards and some luck.

mate all on here agree with you accept for one bulldogs_fan :grinning:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
here's all Hodko's touches in the Saints game......impressive stuff from him, surely Des will be impressed

[video=youtube;P4yGiWw3DxI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4yGiWw3DxI&feature=youtu.be[/video]
I felt frustrated watching that

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Hodkinson VS St George

[video=youtube;P4yGiWw3DxI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4yGiWw3DxI&feature=share[/video]

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
guess who got named at 7 to start this week LoL

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
when you re watch it a couple of times it really looks like hodko was told not to kick, one play there even befor hes got the ball the player on his left ducks down out of the way to allow the pass, that style of play has to come from des

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
when you re watch it a couple of times it really looks like hodko was told not to kick, one play there even befor hes got the ball the player on his left ducks down out of the way to allow the pass, that style of play has to come from des
who knows but it wouldn't surprise me,
maybe theres an incentive for Hodko to 'not get selected for origin'

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He wasn't any better against the tigers

[video=youtube;vn0TkPku3lI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn0TkPku3lI[/video]

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Kasiano is a luxury (at times) that we don't need. Id much rather play Perret ahead of him and put the the money towards a half.

I'm very glad we kept Kas he has shown us how valuable he can be and has literally opened games for us like other players can't.

I would much prefer we cut Hodkinson and throw his 500-700k price going around with Pritchards contract at ANY quality half. Hell Carney or Kelly or a guy with some potential in UK will likely come for 500k-600kish which is likely what Hodkinson wants and is far far far better.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm very glad we kept Kas he has shown us how valuable he can be and has literally opened games for us like other players can't.

I would much prefer we cut Hodkinson and throw his 500-700k price going around with Pritchards contract at ANY quality half. Hell Carney or Kelly or a guy with some potential in UK will likely come for 500k-600kish which is likely what Hodkinson wants and is far far far better.
I not sold on Kelly, but I do agree with you,

We need to do somthing and fast,
We won't have many years left with our roster,
Our window of opotunity to win a premiership is a decent half away, let's get a decent halfback and bask in the glory,

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What will you guys do if we re-sign him if he performs like this for the rest of the year?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Yh and he has the ability to turn a game against us, most recent example is against souths when he just dropped the ball cold and gave them the set they scored off just before half time....but yh he does have the ability to do things other can't, but i really don't care as he struggles to even play 25mins a game. Rather put his coin towards a half.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
SEE most of his "bad" touches came on 5th tackle where he was told to pass on 5th tackle. It's an obvious game plan.

I don't care if no one agrees with me, I'm not here to make internet friends.
Shhhh. In some threads you call Des an absolute genius with a superb game plan...yet here when you boy Hodko ****s up you blame the game plan..

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
SEE most of his "bad" touches came on 5th tackle where he was told to pass on 5th tackle. It's an obvious game plan.

I don't care if no one agrees with me, I'm not here to make internet friends.
Mate, I have given up on hodko,

It wouldn't suprise me if des is equally to blame, but surely if hodko had more to offer des would allow him to do more,

Sorry bud but hodko has had enough chances to make the dogs number 7 jersey his own, and be a champion like others before him,
Unfortunately the guy just hasn't delivered,
If it's due to injury, that's unfortunate,
But nothing in life is fair,
It's about results, and he is letting the entire team down at the moment,

Status
Not open for further replies.