Trent Hodkinson 2015 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
how can you suddenly emerge into a handy player?
he will be worse there, he is playing behind arguably the best pack in the comp.
Your spell checker seems to have changed "laziest" to "best".....

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
in fairness to our pack we have rolled teams in games we got hammered according to stats

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
he has never discovered his form nor has he showed any form has he? i cant remember one game in his history at the club where he has actually made a clean line break without being assisted? im sure he has but i cant recall it.
he has never dominated a game like the best halfbacks that for sure.
as tunksy said on 2SM this week, the halfback is supposed the best player if not one of the best and he isnt in the top10 at the dogs, thats being kind he said
Gee I love listening to tunksy on talkin sports.. he ain't like most other explayers ... He won't be getting any splinters up his arse for sitting on the fence... He's been particularly critical of tolman lately too.

J

JonesBarry

so his form leading up to him and Reynolds being selected last year for origin .... what was that???
Same as above , his stats were woeful apart from some field goals, Reynolds was on fire and Pearce had his hand up skirts , pretty simple answer
still no line breaks, still no going to the line, nothing

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watch Hodkinson will be dumped after origin is finished wait and see just my thought

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Crystal clear waters, luxurious mansions, soft fine sand. Paradise with a capital P.

A place where dreams come true, a place where married couples flock, a place where everyday is a holiday, and where honeymooners can stay a day or a lifetime.

WHERE IS THIS PLACE??

IT IS .... THE GOLD COAST

Have I sold it well enough?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent Hodkinson, James Maloney and Chris Sandow have been sounded out as possible replacements for Daly Cherry-Evans at Gold Coast after the star playmaker reneged on his deal with the Titans to stay at Manly.

With speculation rife that Cherry-Evans was set to use the soon to be scrapped Round 13 rule to back out of the four year contract he signed in March, Gold Coast officials are understood to have made contact with Hodkinson before Wednesday but have since spoken to representatives of Maloney and Sandow.

The Titans are after a goalkicking halfback or five-eighth to partner rookie Kane Elgy at the scrum base and Hodkinson, Maloney and Sandow all fit the description.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No one wants hokko ,i think roosters secretly dont care if maloney goes as they will select jackson hastings

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Trent Hodkinson, James Maloney and Chris Sandow have been sounded out as possible replacements for Daly Cherry-Evans at Gold Coast after the star playmaker reneged on his deal with the Titans to stay at Manly.

With speculation rife that Cherry-Evans was set to use the soon to be scrapped Round 13 rule to back out of the four year contract he signed in March, Gold Coast officials are understood to have made contact with Hodkinson before Wednesday but have since spoken to representatives of Maloney and Sandow.

The Titans are after a goalkicking halfback or five-eighth to partner rookie Kane Elgy at the scrum base and Hodkinson, Maloney and Sandow all fit the description.
Titans don't want to spend anything close to what Maloney was asking. They don't want to spend over $600k on a half apparentely, and they had $300k of third party offers lined up for DCE.

Sezer was valued at $400k which they believed was fair when he was released.

So assuming that they don't want to go over $600k, I wonder is that $300k + $300k endorsements ($600k total), or $600k + $300k endorsements ($900k total).

If its $600k of their own money, Maloney is still in the ballpark. If it's $600k total, Maloney is out.

Sandow was sacked from the Titans so I can't see him going back there (plus him and Jupiters/Gold Coast lifestyle are a recipie for disaster).

That leaves Trent Hodkinson, who has a cool head and won't let that way of life impact him. Trent wanted $750k a while back and was willing to take a $150k hit to sign again with the Dogs, yet still isn't getting any bites.

Assuming the Titans paid $400k for season from their own pocket (for Sezer), if they use that money + third party deals (which Hodko I'm sure could do), they could effectively pitch Trent an offer of $700k.

If they did that, I reckon he would take the deal, given what the future at Bulldogs looks like at present.

All this though begs the question... where is Maloney off too.

Dogs?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Crystal clear waters, luxurious mansions, soft fine sand. Paradise with a capital P.

A place where dreams come true, a place where married couples flock, a place where everyday is a holiday, and where honeymooners can stay a day or a lifetime.

WHERE IS THIS PLACE??

IT IS .... THE GOLD COAST

Have I sold it well enough?
Tattoo palours on every corner and Miami vice haircuts as far as the eye can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.