News Trent Barrett Presser

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TBaz should just let the players play what’s in front of them. All this new style where the lock plays as a halfback is ridiculous. I mean your lock can do that from time to time to vary up the play but it shouldn’t be a staple of your attacking play. Your halves should be the ones receiving the ball first and distributing it, apart from when you need to come out of your end where the backs scoot from dummy half or when the hooker just gives it to a hard running forward. The halves should be the conductors and need to play their natural game and run the team. Let them run the show and bark the orders on the field. They’ve been playing footy all their lives I’m sure if you give them free reign they will know what to do. Seriously league isn’t and shouldn’t be that complicated.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
i think if we are competitive in every game, which we have been, then he will be ok. Gus understands we are lacking a 9, another strike edge and a 7. That all comes next year, apart from a 7.
People asking for a 7 right now don’t see what’s available on the market. The best off contract 7 is realistically kodi nikorima who has been hot trash since he left the broncos. 2023 could be a strike for a 7 but the patience on here is the size of a two year old.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have you seen what's coming? Also Many coming back to their Stadium was never going to be easy. We were robbed against Brincos. Yes we have a very tough draw
Can't judge what is coming till it's played. Trams can be without half their stars, who knows. You turn up on the day and play what's infront of you.
Fact is Manly were ripe for the picking, totally out of form and confidence. What's ahead is daunting and we should have been in a better position heading into it. That's all I'm saying

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't know enough about you, but perhaps Manly played shit because of the conditions (impacted us as well) and because we made them look shit through our defense.

Have you considered this?
Yes
Our goal line defence was about the only thing we can take some positives from. But the fact is Manly played shit, have been playing shit this year, and we still managed to somehow play worse and could not capitalise on the gift we had infront of us.
A poor and diabolical Manly performance

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wakeham/Averillo answer seems to be for positions in limbo, perform in reserve grade and you will be given a chance.

Wakeham, jake and Flanagan job to perform and prove themselves
March 27th. Since then looky but no talky..?