News Trent Barrett Presser

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What he emphasised was that we need to learn to win close games as we are unlikely to be scoring alot of points. Cut out the errors and stupid penalties.

I am really hating coming on to this site. They are where i expected them to be , perhaps better. Were you expecting a miracle? For me we the the toughest draw in the NRL to kick off the year. After the 1st 2 rounds, and i feel we were robbed against the Broncos, we play all too sides. It's as if the NRL will us to fail.

Hold on tight the next few weeks are tough.

And stop the fkn whinging.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Discipline has been an issue for years, why are they finding it so hard to instill some? Reason: because they don't want to upset players by flogging them and teaching them the hard way!
Discipline problems we have comes down to lack of respect for the coach and the consequences he deals out as a result IMO.

Ask any Storm player.

Continuous discipline problems and the same ones says quite a lot about coaching status.

Fans near on fall asleep watching pressers....is there the same problem at training? Needs to be addressed.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The thing that pissed me off about that is he said we're not a good enough team in there. The second the coach is saying that is the moment that the team feels free to lose self belief. By all means saying we lack the polish in attack at present etc is ok. But never say we're not good enough. Best thing to say there is that our defence will eventually win us those tight games, but we need to take our opportunity in attack and that's where we failed this round.

I know that we bombed a couple of chances. One grubber with no chasers, Wakehams chip on the first tackle after making a good break. Manly were gifted with about 40 minutes worth of opportunity and did sweet fuck all with it for the most part.

Our defence this week was immense and in spite of the loss we needed to focus on that in the presser.

Jackson looked pretty fucking frustrated there. I think he's probably a bit annoyed that Barrett didn't have a lot of positives about it. I didn't see any stats about how long we spent defending our line. But it's an effort to be proud of. We're going to be seeing more success this year as long as the players don't lose confidence.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Journalist " how can you lose to a Manly team that played so shit "
Barrett " because I quit coaching Manly and starting coaching here"

Manly played the worse game I have ever seen, yet somehow we managed to lose, I can't get my head around it. We should have been 16 to 20 points up going the sheds at half time.l, yet we were 2 behind
It should have been a simple matter of controlling the game in the conditions because manly weren't yet we managed to outdo them there too.
FMD the game was for the taking and we blew it.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What he emphasised was that we need to learn to win close games as we are unlikely to be scoring alot of points. Cut out the errors and stupid penalties.

I am really hating coming on to this site. They are where i expected them to be , perhaps better. Were you expecting a miracle? For me we the the toughest draw in the NRL to kick off the year. After the 1st 2 rounds, and i feel we were robbed against the Broncos, we play all too sides. It's as if the NRL will us to fail.

Hold on tight the next few weeks are tough.

And stop the fkn whinging.
Toughest draw in the NRL to kick of the year ? That's a stretch isn't it !
We played cows and broncos, not so hot shots, we were battling them for the spoon last year. And then meet a Manly side grossly out of form, playing crap, and ready for the taking.
We failed to capitalise on the draw and form we were given, nothing to do with a tough draw.
Poor coaching, poor game management

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Remember: if he hasn’t got a certain amount of wins by the end of the year (or earlier) he is gone. It’s the business. Trying hard ain’t going to cut it.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Remember: if he hasn’t got a certain amount of wins by the end of the year (or earlier) he is gone. It’s the business. Trying hard ain’t going to cut it.
i think if we are competitive in every game, which we have been, then he will be ok. Gus understands we are lacking a 9, another strike edge and a 7. That all comes next year, apart from a 7.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Toughest draw in the NRL to kick of the year ? That's a stretch isn't it !
We played cows and broncos, not so hot shots, we were battling them for the spoon last year. And then meet a Manly side grossly out of form, playing crap, and ready for the taking.
We failed to capitalise on the draw and form we were given, nothing to do with a tough draw.
Poor coaching, poor game management
Have you seen what's coming? Also Many coming back to their Stadium was never going to be easy. We were robbed against Brincos. Yes we have a very tough draw

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Manly played the worse game I have ever seen, yet somehow we managed to lose, I can't get my head around it. We should have been 16 to 20 points up going the sheds at half time.l, yet we were 2 behind
It should have been a simple matter of controlling the game in the conditions because manly weren't yet we managed to outdo them there too.
I don't know enough about you, but perhaps Manly played shit because of the conditions (impacted us as well) and because we made them look shit through our defense.

Have you considered this?

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There’s a hellavulot of positives we can take out of that game. We showed a lot of grit. We have a young team most of whom are still eligible to play fleg. We had a hellavulot of six agains go against us and a hellavulot of chances to score but we just could ice it. We have a hellavulot of reasons to be confident going into next weeks game with the storm and a hellavulot of excuses and reasons to bring up if we don’t win next week.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There’s a hellavulot of positives we can take out of that game. We showed a lot of grit. We have a young team most of whom are still eligible to play fleg. We had a hellavulot of six agains go against us and a hellavulot of chances to score but we just could ice it. We have a hellavulot of reasons to be confident going into next weeks game with the storm and a hellavulot of excuses and reasons to bring up if we don’t win next week.
It's just the way it is atm :grinning:

Was never gonna be a fairy tale rebirth as much as we want it.

The hard work continues.....

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol Barrett should employ you as his excuse feeder.

We’re now 4 from 28 under him. Will most likely be 4 from 32 in a months time. That is disgraceful. “Trying hard” is no longer good enough. We need results. Our attack still looks absolutely rudderless. Wasn’t Barrett brought here for his attack coaching in particular?
By my calculation 4 wins from 28 games with us is a measly 14%. Why does he even bother?

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wtf is hellavulot lol

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s with being satisfied with effort and trying hard? If we don’t win games - it’s the same result as last year. Barrett needs to find some attacking scenarios and execute them. Without wins he’s not fooling anyone. You guys who keep saying be patient, I don’t get it as we are all hungry for some wins including you guys, but the points need to come. We’ve good some good players this year, but the team is playing very conservative football, if they don’t throw the ball around, the other team will mostly predict what our team will do. We have a select few that are trying, but we need some variety in our attack and fast. We then can win close games. I’m not trying to upset anyone with this thread, we are all desperate to get results, but currently our defence is really good, but we can’t win just on that.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess the only silver lining is we only lost by a point rather than getting smashed like last year. Our team this year which is much better on paper still finds a way to lose compared to last year where we were absolute crap on paper and we got smashed regularly. Under game pressure the shite still lingers.