News Trent Barrett Presser

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread, while Manly were shit in their first 2 games, they also started slowly last season. They lost the first 3 or 4 games then but were obviously one of the contenders come finals time. They struggled on our tryline, but overall I thought they played quite well. Our defence kept us in it to the final siren. We didn't play well, but only lost by a field goal at Brookie. Not the worst outcome tbh.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread, while Manly were shit in their first 2 games, they also started slowly last season. They lost the first 3 or 4 games then but were obviously one of the contenders come finals time. They struggled on our tryline, but overall I thought they played quite well. Our defence kept us in it to the final siren. We didn't play well, but only lost by a field goal at Brookie. Not the worst outcome tbh.
The result doesn't matter. How we played wasn't good enough. That's stuff I'd expect from our last 2 years teams.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I want continued improvement like i saw the last 2 weeks. Tonight was not that, tonight was a massive step backwards
the worst time to change the 7 with those conditions tonight imo.
as i have stated many times, TB needs to coach to the players and their strengths not the style he want to play like Penrith. You dont need the 13 getting the ball all the times and passing back to the 7 or 6. Just get the ball in the 7 and 6 hands as soon as possible and play whats in front.
we seem to be complicating things too much. Parra barely use the 13 as a ball player and their attack is humming.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You Need more than 2 tries to beat the Storm and we struggle to even get 2.
Our main problem this year is the same since after Noddy retired. Our 7 is shite. We have almost $1M in our cap taken by 3 wanna be HB in Avo, Wakeham and Flanno. It doesn't make sense to use Wakeham as HB this year because he won't be here next year unless our club is stupid enough to re-sign him again and the shite HB situation continues on. The Dogs have only won comps in the last 40 years when we had quality halves and Avo, Wakeham and Flanno are certainly not that.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's more that we went backwards in attack and execution and played a team that was in worse form than us.

Only positive was our defence.
I want continued improvement like i saw the last 2 weeks. Tonight was not that, tonight was a massive step backwards
Fuck guys look at the conditions we played in tonight. Rain and slippery conditions. Of course our attack will look different to last week in the dry. Our defence was enormous tonight.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck guys look at the conditions we played in tonight. Rain and slippery conditions. Of course our attack will look different to last week in the dry. Our defence was enormous tonight.
Conditions were worse in round 1 and we played much better and created more.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm 50/50 on our progress, very proud of the never say die attitude and better defence mostly but still clunky asf and committing poor errors cost us today, last week yes we were unlucky.
We cannot become accepting of honourable losses 2 games now we should have won and be 3-0.Teams build off this partly due to confidence alone and especially us after last year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm 50/50 on our progress, very proud of the never say die attitude and better defence mostly but still clunky asf and committing poor errors cost us today, last week yes we were unlucky.
We cannot become accepting of honourable losses 2 games now we should have won and be 3-0.Teams build off this partly due to confidence alone and especially us after last year.
I'd say based on our performances 1-2 is a good representation of how we're going. We should of lost to the Cowboys, we should of beat the Broncos and we should of lost tonight.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This club needs results badly.. I don’t know how long we can keep going like this.. yes the effort is there and they are turning up but we desperately need results
Need points , attack is the problem. Getting sick of this year after year. Especially this year with the appointments and signings. No more excuses , had enough of watching our doggies team suck. It’s like Groundhog Day.!!!

we are fucked next week, going to get smashed by Melbourne. will be 1-4 and we be siting 15th.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We were pretty poor at some things last night, but Manly were always going to be hard to beat at home, and after the start to the year they have had. But we were pretty poor. Our goal line defense was great though, so thats some positive.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol Barrett should employ you as his excuse feeder.

We’re now 4 from 28 under him. Will most likely be 4 from 32 in a months time. That is disgraceful. “Trying hard” is no longer good enough. We need results. Our attack still looks absolutely rudderless. Wasn’t Barrett brought here for his attack coaching in particular?
Theyre not excuses, they are realities.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Did anywhere him why we took the 2 instead of building pressure?
Because it was pissing down rain and hard to score tries?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Discipline has been an issue for years, why are they finding it so hard to instill some? Reason: because they don't want to upset players by flogging them and teaching them the hard way!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If I’m TB, I’m telling the journalist that Many had the lions share of possession in the second half, at home, with a stacked attacking team and guess what? scored….. 1pt.

Malla

Reaction score
We don’t look like winning, we look like we are always just hanging in there. We won’t last 5 seconds with Penrith or Parramatta. They score fast and even the Storm.
We forgot how to win. More of these close games will hopefully help these players learn how to win games.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They score fast and even the Storm.
Dunno, you had a heap of repeats on your line and Manly couldn't break it. Some dumb errors didn't help but that's not too hard to fix.
The attack has potential but it will click and find some mojo. Still early days, some decent fellas in that side that can tip a game your way. No way time to reach for the Valium.

Would've like to se it go into extra time.