News Trent Barrett Presser

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every game… mentions how hard it is to play against a certain team at there home ground… like cmon shut the fuck up! It drives me insane. I’ll get off the shit talk about Baz when I see try’s from set plays and some sort of organisation in attack. Most of our try’s are purely off the cuff or a great play by a single player. Have yet to see an actual team try this year with all our so called attacking weapons we have.
Like the Dufty kick to Burns try tonight? Yep, haven't seen it.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stays calm but seems he doesn't want to piss anyone off when he answers questions. You can see his mind ticking over about how to say something without having a go at anyone in particular. He did mentions names but it was very soft criticism. Jackson looked pissed off. Coach and captain have completely different body language.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz has got no idea, he said to the media bloke, they were trying and if he has ideas. Sadly that’s the problem, I don’t think Baz has got too many tricks up his sleeves. He said his halves are young, well if they play first grade you can’t make excuses. They are also worrying about discipline, yes that will help, but I didn’t hear them say they need to worry about going forward. You can say they were trying, but it doesn’t win games.
That English media guy seems to know his stuff. Should bring him into the coaches box. Get on it Gus.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Every game… mentions how hard it is to play against a certain team at there home ground… like cmon shut the fuck up! It drives me insane. I’ll get off the shit talk about Baz when I see try’s from set plays and some sort of organisation in attack. Most of our try’s are purely off the cuff or a great play by a single player. Have yet to see an actual team try this year with all our so called attacking weapons we have.
How many set plays and attacking structures do you think Wayne Bennett brings to his teams? Doesn’t make them a bad head coach.

We are such a clunky team at the moment but we could easily have been 3-0 wins this year. We were the better team all 3 games so far.

I’m calling it now. We will beat Melbourne next week.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wakeham/Averillo answer seems to be for positions in limbo, perform in reserve grade and you will be given a chance.

Wakeham, jake and Flanagan job to perform and prove themselves

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How many set plays and attacking structures do you think Wayne Bennett brings to his teams? Doesn’t make them a bad head coach.

We are such a clunky team at the moment but we could easily have been 3-0 wins this year. We were the better team all 3 games so far.

I’m calling it now. We will beat Melbourne next week.
You Need more than 2 tries to beat the Storm and we struggle to even get 2.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How your all salty as fuck is beyond me. We lost by 1 point to a top 4 side, and busted our arse all nught long. What more do you want?
Top 4? All due respect last year means shit. They have been rubbish this year and most other teams would of got the win tonight.

BUT

Our defence was good at least.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How your all salty as fuck is beyond me. We lost by 1 point to a top 4 side, and busted our arse all nught long. What more do you want?
It's more that we went backwards in attack and execution and played a team that was in worse form than us.

Only positive was our defence.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Top 4? All due respect last year means shit. They have been rubbish this year and most other teams would of got the win tonight.

BUT

Our defence was good at least.
Is there any other way to judge a team at the beginning of the year? 2 losses doesnt make them a spoon contender.
We are a work in progress, and we defended our arses off tonight.

Reactions: 88

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's more that we went backwards in attack and execution and played a team that was in worse form than us.

Only positive was our defence.
Losing wakeham for a big chunk definitely set us back. Yes we are clunky still, but we have played 2 games in terrible conditions.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s a set play is it? Hahahaha ok
I was thinking more "team try" which you also said, but the point is, we've scored several good tries. To think we'll magically just be a cohesive unit after a few games is ludicrous. For the lack of experience of the team unit, they aren't doing too badly.

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Losing wakeham for a big chunk definitely set us back. Yes we are clunky still, but we have played 2 games in terrible conditions.
Lol Barrett should employ you as his excuse feeder.

We’re now 4 from 28 under him. Will most likely be 4 from 32 in a months time. That is disgraceful. “Trying hard” is no longer good enough. We need results. Our attack still looks absolutely rudderless. Wasn’t Barrett brought here for his attack coaching in particular?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I want continued improvement like i saw the last 2 weeks. Tonight was not that, tonight was a massive step backwards