Tigers Confirm Talks With Cotric

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You rate him? Never seen him play so I wouldn't have a clue. Is he rated at all though?
He's played inside Corey Allen quite a bit in the past, hence I suspect that side of the field will run with that combination.

Strong and fast, with a really nice late pass at the line (like Hoppa).

Biggest issue he's had is injuries and a star studded Souths backline.

Clearly he's gone, he's looking away from the other players :D

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
JAC is on 100-150k less if the reports are true and arguably brings more to the team (experience, winning mentality, leadership, marketing opportunities and more).

I like cotric and I feel he is a bit hard done by here by coming to a disastrous team in 2021 but you do get more bang for buck with JAC.
Cotric's reported salary is irrelevant, what is in the Cap is all that matters and there is very little difference between JAC and Cotric. JAC is the one who actually costs more in the Cap due to Cotric's relocation expenses (move, sell house, buy house, stamp duty etc) from Canbra not being included in the Cap. Currently Cotric's TPA is the same as JAC's, so marketing the same, no one give a fark about that anyway. Experience wise Cotric has played in NRL Finals Series, SOO and for Australia, so there's not much that he doesn't bring.

Always a Bulldog

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric's reported salary is irrelevant, what is in the Cap is all that matters and there is very little difference between JAC and Cotric. JAC is the one who actually costs more in the Cap due to Cotric's relocation expenses (move, sell house, buy house, stamp duty etc) from Canbra not being included in the Cap. Currently Cotric's TPA is the same as JAC's, so marketing the same, no one give a fark about that anyway. Experience wise Cotric has played in NRL Finals Series, SOO and for Australia, so there's not much that he doesn't bring.

Always a Bulldog
Sorry mate but this is bad take.
Unless you literally have seen both contracts and can see the amounts that the club are paying, this is pure speculation.
I think everyone has accepted that cotric was offered more as he was effectively the first big name player to sign. That's fine, nothing against him for that but it would seem more than likely that it is above market value.

In terms of experience, nic does not have close to the same experience. A handful of rep games is great but JAC has been a mainstay of these teams for years. He also comes with consistent finals experience and grand final winning experience.

I feel you think I'm downplaying what Nic brings, I'm not. I think he is a great player and I don't want to lose him but on face value, I can see the reasons why it might happen.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Also, not the same:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Also, not the same:
Twin's gone too far the other way unfortunately and now believes every player in our top 30 has some sort of TPA (and all these other benefits, etc). Cotric offers us basically nothing off the field when comparing him to JAC. Cotric is a follower (who I'd still like to keep for the record), JAC is a leader.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve never seen d-voice actually say something without riddles so it could be interesting to see how it turns out. Hopefully wrong unless Mahoney/kikau here for 22.

More cap space isn’t a Fucking reason to lose a quality player for 2 years away.

Gus has said we are cap compliant for 22 as it is. So with Elliott going and cotric potentially that’s a lot of unused cap…
Not fucking wrong about D-voice, he is like the Maxwell Smart of the kennel lol

Biggest fucking game of snakes and ladders I've ever seen this to and fro will he go won't he bullshit.
Mahoney in for 22 and I get it otherwise NO DEAL and see whats what at the end of '22 season.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry mate but this is bad take.
Unless you literally have seen both contracts and can see the amounts that the club are paying, this is pure speculation.
I think everyone has accepted that cotric was offered more as he was effectively the first big name player to sign. That's fine, nothing against him for that but it would seem more than likely that it is above market value.

In terms of experience, nic does not have close to the same experience. A handful of rep games is great but JAC has been a mainstay of these teams for years. He also comes with consistent finals experience and grand final winning experience.

I feel you think I'm downplaying what Nic brings, I'm not. I think he is a great player and I don't want to lose him but on face value, I can see the reasons why it might happen.
You know what you know and I know what I know, and I absolutely know that Cotric's reported salary includes items not in our Cap. Take it or leave it, it's your choice.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know what you know and I know what I know, and I absolutely know that Cotric's reported salary includes items not in our Cap. Take it or leave it, it's your choice.

Always a Bulldog
People gunna take what suits their agenda TT but you have tried your best.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People gunna take what suits their agenda TT but you have tried your best.
You've both missed the point. I don't have an agenda but hey, make it fit your agenda if it makes you happy.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Twin's gone too far the other way unfortunately and now believes every player in our top 30 has some sort of TPA (and all these other benefits, etc). Cotric offers us basically nothing off the field when comparing him to JAC. Cotric is a follower (who I'd still like to keep for the record), JAC is a leader.
Where the fark did I say that "every player in our top 30 has some sort of TPA"? I do know some that do because I know who is providing the TPA and that's as far as it goes.

As for relocation expense reimbursement, it's the most common outside the Cap payment for players that have to move and incur expenses as a result. Cotric did (relocate) and did (incur expenses) and we would have to be pretty stupid not to have used that substantial amount to reduce his in Cap cost.

The fact is we have plenty of money, how much merch a player sells or attracts in other shit is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is how much they cost in the Cap. Simply because that is the only limit that we have to abide by. What we do or what the the players do outside of the Cap is irrelevant, which seems a hard concept for some people to grasp.

Always a Bulldog

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Where the fark did I say that "every player in our top 30 has some sort of TPA"? I do know some that do because I know who is providing the TPA and that's as far as it goes.

As for relocation expense reimbursement, it's the most common outside the Cap payment for players that have to move and incur expenses as a result. Cotric did (relocate) and did (incur expenses) and we would have to be pretty stupid not to have used that substantial amount to reduce his in Cap cost.

The fact is we have plenty of money, how much merch a player sells or attracts in other shit is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is how much they cost in the Cap. Simply because that is the only limit that we have to abide by. What we do or what the the players do outside of the Cap is irrelevant, which seems a hard concept for some people to grasp.

Always a Bulldog
From your posts I've gathered you think every player on decent $ has some sort of TPA.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
From your posts I've gathered you think every player on decent $ has some sort of TPA.
Turbo is correct, i personally know 3 major player managers and they rort the system as much as possible with TPA's and expenses etc.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
One origin game. Maybe we should have bought josh Reynolds instead of wasting money on Burton?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
JAC is worth at least 150k a season more than Cotric. He has more value both on and off the field.
Its an anomaly all right. I think we got JAC cheap if the rumoured pay is right. And Cotric is on overs.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You gathered incorrectly, whenever I post that a player has a TPA it is because I know who the TP is.

Cap exclusions like education, cars, relocation etc are not TPA’s, they are declared by the club to the NRL. They are important considerations in the difference between what the media claim a player gets paid and what is included in the Cap.

Always a Bulldog