MMA/UFC The UFC/MMA thread

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Just saw a post match interview with the Russian - fck me - dude is smart and focussed. He is going to be a serious problem.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol at the bull decisions at UFC 282.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Lol at the bull decisions at UFC 282.
Yeah - but tbf - UFC doesn't appoint judges - state commission does.

Believe one of them was a Brazilian ref that flew back from Qatar....

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Cannonier and Strickland shortly. Pretty obvious that isn't going beyond a round or 2.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Bit of a snoozer… judges a bit funny… or should I say just the typical. Some of the earlier fights were great
Yeah - never thought I'd fall asleep during a Strickland fight but there u go...

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Bit of a snoozer… judges a bit funny… or should I say just the typical. Some of the earlier fights were great
Dober vs Green was entertaining. Dober has sure got a great chin and plenty of fight in him, always seems to come back from a beating to grab the win.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Dober vs Green was entertaining. Dober has sure got a great chin and plenty of fight in him, always seems to come back from a beating to grab the win.
I had him by stoppage in my multi. Agree & thankfully his chin held up. Amir Albazi looks like a prospect and Tsarukyan is definitely ready for top 5 in LW IMO. The match making was pretty good.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I had him by stoppage in my multi. Agree & thankfully his chin held up. Amir Albazi looks like a prospect and Tsarukyan is definitely ready for top 5 in LW IMO. The match making was pretty good.
Arman Tsarukyan lost to Mateusz Gamrot who lost to Beneil Dariush. I think he needs to wait in line before getting top 5 guys. Beneil Dariush & Rafael Fiziev cleary ahead of him right now.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Arman Tsarukyan lost to Mateusz Gamrot who lost to Beneil Dariush. I think he needs to wait in line before getting top 5 guys. Beneil Dariush & Rafael Fiziev cleary ahead of him right now.
Beneil Dariush has been top 5 for a while and is next in line for a title shot you would think after Makhachev & Volks fight. Tsarukyan lost a fight to Gamrot also currently in the top 5 that could have gone either way and would have him on a 7 fight streak. He had a very competitive loss to the current champion at just 22 years and the guy he beat on the weekend was on a 19 fight streak and is a problem for most in the division. Gathje, & Chandler both coming off losses and Porrier can’t grapple with Oliveria or Machachev. Tsarukyan definitely at that level.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Beneil Dariush has been top 5 for a while and is next in line for a title shot you would think after Makhachev & Volks fight. Tsarukyan lost a fight to Gamrot also currently in the top 5 that could have gone either way and would have him on a 7 fight streak. He had a very competitive loss to the current champion at just 22 years and the guy he beat on the weekend was on a 19 fight streak and is a problem for most in the division. Gathje, & Chandler both coming off losses and Porrier can’t grapple with Oliveria or Machachev. Tsarukyan definitely at that level.
Gamrot is ranked 7 and that is not even including the champion.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Gamrot is ranked 7 and that is not even including the champion.
Yes you are correct there I must have been thinking about his ranking before he fought Dariush. In any case Tsarukyan still on the level of guys in the top 5 for the reasons I gave in the last post.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yes you are correct there I must have been thinking about his ranking before he fought Dariush. In any case Tsarukyan still on the level of guys in the top 5 for the reasons I gave in the last post.
Gamrot has never been top 5. Islam, Oliveira, Poirier, Gaethje, Chandler & Dariush have been ahead of him the whole time.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Great KO by Caceres as well. He's a pretty cool dude lol

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Gamrot has never been top 5. Islam, Oliveira, Poirier, Gaethje, Chandler & Dariush have been ahead of him the whole time.
Ok cool at least top 10 though right? And his fight with Benny was potential title shot eliminator. Still.. what changes from my original points about Tsarukyan being ready for top 5? :tearsofjoy: You basically addressed one point. I’m thinking you just don’t like the guy. Shame. Helluva fighter.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ok cool at least top 10 though right? And his fight with Benny was potential title shot eliminator. Still.. what changes from my original points about Tsarukyan being ready for top 5? :tearsofjoy: You basically addressed one point. I’m thinking you just don’t like the guy. Shame. Helluva fighter.
He lost to a guy that has never been top 5 just this year then the guy he lost to got dominated by a top 5 guy so how does that make him ready for the top 5? He needs a few more wins.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He lost to a guy that has never been top 5 just this year then the guy he lost to got dominated by a top 5 guy so how does that make him ready for the top 5? He needs a few more wins.
His fight against Gamrot could have gone either way. Assuming you watched it? Gamrot then got the fight against Benny and was favourite going into that fight. Benny established top 5 guy and proves his credentials. Chandler currently ranked 5. He’s 1 from his last 4 and has been finished a few times. You’re joking if you don’t think Tsurkyan is on that level. To repeat my earlier point. He had a competitive loss to the current champ also very early in his career. He just dominated a guy on a 19 fight win steak who would give most in the top 5 problems.

To your first point it doesn’t really make sense to wait in line for a top 5 behind Dariush as Dariush is ready for a title shot. Fiziev is a fair point but that doesn’t change Tsarukyan being ready for top 5 with his credentials. There is a reason the guy is struggling to get apponents and that’s because he is a serious threat.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
His fight against Gamrot could have gone either way. Assuming you watched it? Gamrot then got the fight against Benny and was favourite going into that fight. Benny established top 5 guy and proves his credentials. Chandler currently ranked 5. He’s 1 from his last 4 and has been finished a few times. You’re joking if you don’t think Tsurkyan is on that level. To repeat my earlier point. He had a competitive loss to the current champ also very early in his career. He just dominated a guy on a 19 fight win steak who would give most in the top 5 problems.

To your first point it doesn’t really make sense to wait in line for a top 5 behind Dariush as Dariush is ready for a title shot. Fiziev is a fair point but that doesn’t change Tsarukyan being ready for top 5 with his credentials. There is a reason the guy is struggling to get apponents and that’s because he is a serious threat.
You need wins to get a top 5 guy not competitive loses. Also people who thought Gamrot would beat Dariush have no idea. There are levels to this. Tsarukyan needs another win or 2 then he can fight top 5 guys. Dariush & Fiziev should be fighting top 5 guys next.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You need wins to get a top 5 guy not competitive loses. Also people who thought Gamrot would beat Dariush have no idea. There are levels to this. Tsarukyan needs another win or 2 then he can fight top 5 guys. Dariush & Fiziev should be fighting top 5 guys next.
Mate Khabib tipped Gamrot against Dairish probably don’t need to elaborate on his fight IQ level. Need wins? He’s 6 from his last 7 and could he could be 7 from last 7 if he got the decision agaisnt Gamrot which he made a good case for. Once again why would Dariush fight again if it wasn’t a title shot? Fiviez has potential but his last win was agaisnt Brad Riddel who is nowhere near as good as the guy Tsarukyan just beat. Perfect example of the levels you speak of.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mate Khabib tipped Gamrot against Dairish probably don’t need to elaborate on his fight IQ level. Need wins? He’s 6 from his last 7 and could he could be 7 from last 7 if he got the decision agaisnt Gamrot which he made a good case for. Once again why would Dariush fight again if it wasn’t a title shot? Fiviez has potential but his last win was agaisnt Brad Riddel who is nowhere near as good as the guy Tsarukyan just beat. Perfect example of the levels you speak of.
Dariush hasn’t beaten a top 5 guy, he doesn’t deserve a title fight yet. Fiziev vs Tsarukan is a fight I’d make.