MMA/UFC The UFC/MMA thread

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair call, on points islam had that bar the last 2 minutes of the fight last round tbh

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Volk still pound for pound IMO. Tell me anyone else right now who would have Makhachev fighting for his life at the end. Look at the way Volks left his face. Makhachev is an animal and better striking then Khabib IMO for Volks to go that close especially in the grappling is INSANE

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Volk still pound for pound IMO. Tell me anyone else right now who would have Makhachev fighting for his life at the end. Look at the way Volks left his face. Makhachev is an animal and better striking then Khabib IMO for Volks to go that close especially in the grappling is INSANE
Islam won that fight but I agree that Volk is still P4P Number 1. If they were naturally the same size Volk wins that fight.

Islam is a better striker than Khabib but Khabib is a WAY better grappler than Islam. Khabib stops both Islam & Volk at his peak.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Islam won that fight but I agree that Volk is still P4P Number 1. If they were naturally the same size Volk wins that fight.

Islam is a better striker than Khabib but Khabib is a WAY better grappler than Islam. Khabib stops both Islam & Volk at his peak.
I agree with everything except Khabib is a way better grappler. Might be better but not way better they were tit for tat at training camps and growing up according to all who witnessed. And it’s not a grappling comp it’s MMA.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree with everything except Khabib is a way better grappler. Might be better but not way better they were tit for tat at training camps and growing up according to all who witnessed. And it’s not a grappling comp it’s MMA.
Nah Khabib is clear & in a MMA fight destroys Islam/Volk.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
To me I think it was a case of underestimating your opponent. Think Volk didn't do enough work against southpaws because he didn't respect Islam's striking. And think Islam didn't respect Volk on the ground so didn't work as hard to deal with a short strong guy.

Funny fight - think Volks showboating didn't do him any favours. Was caught in the 3rd and 4th rounds either talking or being a wanker and Islam transitioned into stronger positions. Also thought Volk had a couple of good chances for reversals but was happy to get just get back up.

Now for the real kicker - per the UFC scoring rules - takedowns means shit unless there's a legit chance to stop the fight. Reckon only the 2nd that was the case. Also thought that Volk took a few on the gloves that went with Islam.

Still reckon Islam won the fight by a bees dick. If it goes for another 60 secs, we may have had a champ champ. Not sure if you are familiar with the weasle on Youtube but will be waiting for his breakdown point by point and scoring of the fight.

Anyways - $60 well spent. Really enjoyed that card - that crowd was apeshit.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Mad respect for Volk. Islam pulled the bad weight cut shit in the after presser. Also when he was asked in the ring who's next - you've just had a 5 round war with a dude which most pros are calling for Volk and you call out someone else.

If the roles were reversed - Volk would have said to Islam lets do it again.

Just goes to show we have a real warrior. An aussie.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
One last thought… how good was the crowd… !!